getting our ticket for the ice show

twonpcb

OK This will be our first cruise on a Voyager class ship. We understand that the ice shows sell out rather quickly, and we need to get our tickets early. Where/when do we procure these tickets? We are loyal Celebrity cruisers and have not been on a RCI ship in quite some time so are not familiar with the proper procedures for getting said tickets.

OK This will be our first cruise on a Voyager class ship. We understand that the ice shows sell out rather quickly, and we need to get our tickets early. Where/when do we procure these tickets? We are loyal Celebrity cruisers and have not been on a RCI ship in quite some time so are not familiar with the proper procedures for getting said tickets.

Tickets are free. They will announce in the Cruise Compass (daily schedule) where and when tickets will be distributed. The cruise director will probably announce it during beforeor after the shows too. You only need one person from your party to fetch the tickets.

When I traveled on EOS our tickets were given out at our cruise critic meet and mingle which gave us first crack at the tickets in addition to some neat gifts.

On Liberty the tickets could be pre booked but when on Navigator or Explorer it was a queue along the Promenade at a time listed in the Cruise Compass. you could select one show but no more - fair enough.

On Independence it was a shambles - massive queue and they issued cruisers at the front of the queue with piles of tickets for every show in an uncontrolled manner and left many cruisers with nothing. :(

Pity all Ships do not use the Pre Book system - easier and far more controlled on entry, etc.

Keep an eye out on the cruise compass, it will tell you when and where to queue for the tickets. Have a first, second or even third choice of show time in mind just in case the tickets for the some shows have ran out. Only 1 person in the party is required to collect the tickets. You just have to tell the staff how many tickets and which show you want to watch.

Any left over tickets will be left at guest relations.

We were on Voyager Jan/Feb this year. They had 5 ice shows (loved it!). All shows had allocations relating to your lifeboat and dining allocations on your seapass.(evens lifeboat 6pm, evens lifeboat 8.30pm, odds lifeboat 6pm, odds lifeboat 8.30pm, and MTD) All passengers got a chance to go to one show. If a few minutes before the show there was spare seats, people not allocated that session were allowed to go in.

If you do have to stand in line to get the ice show tickets, the line usually starts forming 30-60 minutes in advance of tickets going "on sale". Again, the tickets are free, but that doesn't mean they don't "sell out". If you want to be absolutely certain you get tickets for the time you want, be in line early. We were 45 minutes early and were about 20th in line. I also think there's a maximum of tickets that one person can collect (6?).

Is it different on different ships?

I was able to reserve ice show ahead of time for FOS.

Yes, currenty there are 4 ships with advance entertainment reservations on Royal's website: Liberty, Freedom, Oasis, and Allure. All other ships distibute ice show tickets on board.

We were on Voyager Jan/Feb this year. They had 5 ice shows (loved it!). All shows had allocations relating to your lifeboat and dining allocations on your seapass.(evens lifeboat 6pm, evens lifeboat 8.30pm, odds lifeboat 6pm, odds lifeboat 8.30pm, and MTD) All passengers got a chance to go to one show. If a few minutes before the show there was spare seats, people not allocated that session were allowed to go in.

Same for Explorer in January. There was a preset time based on muster station number.

Yes, currenty there are 4 ships with advance entertainment reservations on Royal's website: Liberty, Freedom, Oasis, and Allure. All other ships distibute ice show tickets on board.

Thanks, I didn't know.

Wonder why it's different like that?

I'm glad I picked the "right" ship!

Thanks, I didn't know.

Wonder why it's different like that?

I'm glad I picked the "right" ship!

The only thing all 4 of those ships have in common, with respect to entertainment, are the newer broadway type shows. These shows are longer than the typical shows on board.

The last couple times I've cruised were on Voyager-class ships, and we didn't have any problem with getting tickets. There was no real need to line up early on those sailings, but if it's important that you get tickets to one particular show, you could line up just to be on the safe side.

Archived