Quasar (or whatever it's called) Nightclub on Silhouette

leela14

We've mostly sailed RCCL (and one Med cruise with NCL) but are more nightclub types when it comes to music (techno) and like staying up late and doing a wee bit of late night partying. I saw a wee bit because we are going on a Med cruise and are usually exhausted on those cruises because of the ports.

Anyway we are sailing Silhouette in May to the Med and just wondering if anyone has any feedback on Quasar - actually I don't know the name of the actual Silhouette night club - my coworker just got back from a cruise on Eclipse and the club on that one was Quasar. He said it was quite dead every night. Boo. :(

In general Celebrity has a lot less nightlife than sister line RCI. On S-Class ships the most bustling place in the late evening is typically the martini bar. Good cocktails, modern music and generally lots of energy. On some sailing the Molecular Bar also receives some action and if it is nice out the outdoor bar up by the Lawn Club can have a significant gathering (though generally a mellow vibe).

It was dead on the December transatlantic. One night a few of us were tipsy enough to go in anyway and just have a go, but the DJ was horrible. He'd play one o.k. song and we'd have a blast and then he'd play some horrid "latin-beat" type music and we'd all sit down. He'd play another song that got us moving...... then go back to latin-beat and we'd all sit down again. Get a clue buddy! When you only have 6 people on your dance floor, you might want to play music they seem to appreciate. :p:D

(I suppose we could have been bolder and made some requests, but none of us did. :o)

Celebrity is my favorite cruise line for many reasons, but post-dinner life isn't one of them. Best you can hope for is to meet some great people and make your own fun.

We are more nightclub types when it comes to music (techno) and like staying up late and doing a wee bit of late night partying. we are going on a Med cruise and are usually exhausted on those cruises because of the ports.

Anyway we are sailing Silhouette in May to the Med and just wondering if anyone has any feedback on Quasar - my coworker just got back from a cruise on Eclipse He said it was quite dead every night. Boo. :(

Port intensive Med cruises will probably have the same effect on others, (long days making for quiet nights in the lounges) BUT your cruise may also attract a younger and more international demographic that SHOULD provide more of your fellow party types.

As pointed out by many of the posters here, Quasar has been so under-utilized (like my experience on Solstice) that it was completely eliminated during construction of Reflection. :(

Don't accept the status quo, get a bunch of like minded friends together and go MAKE it a fun place! :)

(THAT way all of us old farts can turn the main lounge into a haven for fans of the 50s/60s/70s/80s!!!)

It was dead on the December transatlantic. One night a few of us were tipsy enough to go in anyway and just have a go, but the DJ was horrible. He'd play one o.k. song and we'd have a blast and then he'd play some horrid "latin-beat" type music and we'd all sit down. He'd play another song that got us moving...... then go back to latin-beat and we'd all sit down again. Get a clue buddy! When you only have 6 people on your dance floor, you might want to play music they seem to appreciate. :p:D

(I suppose we could have been bolder and made some requests, but none of us did. :o)

Celebrity is my favorite cruise line for many reasons, but post-dinner life isn't one of them. Best you can hope for is to meet some great people and make your own fun.

WOW! Couldn't agree more with every statement in your entire post. I'm not sure you would have gotten any further than I did, because I've tried making requests and the DJs either just don't get it or just don't care.

My ONLY complaint with Celebrity it their inability to effectively target large portions of their audience with appropriate music.

The entertainment in the main theater, and their party bands, along with the small classical and A cappella groups, is pretty darn good.

It might be that their DJs are just too young and aren't even AWARE of the music that they SHOULD be playing to a primarily 45-75 year old clientele.

I watched people on Connie's TA get back in the elevators instead of going into the lounge for a 60s and 70s night because of the music on the PA prior to the start of the feature.

On Solstice and Infinity, I watched NUMEROUS nights as the large crowds in the lounge for the EXCELLENT party band, literally scramble to leave, as the DJ started playing music the crowd DID NOT want to hear, let alone dance to.

Cripes, If Celebrity would get together with Time Life Music, the problem would be solved INSTANTLY.

To the original poster.:)....I see you said you are going to the Med.

This is just from my experience. I was on Equinox last May for 10

nights to the Med and maybe I am just getting old but

after touring every day, I didn't care about any disco anywhere.;)

It was the best cruise I have ever been on:D by far......but it is a

very port intensive cruise. Long days of wonderful sightseeing....

Greece, Italy and Turkey....7 different ports in 10 nights. It is way

different than a Caribbean cruise. After dinner? I might have gone

to the Molecular Bar or Martini Bar for a couple of drinks but that

is when I realized I was ready for bed.....like I said, very port

intensive.....I don't remember how busy Quasar is was...but for me?

That cruise was definitely about the itinerary...seeing some of the most

wonderful places in the world:).....staying up late in the disco? Too tired

at the end of the day for that for me. OH GAWD.....I guess 54 must

be old LOL

Archived