internet on Brilliance

voyageur

I am new to Royal Caribbean, and leave on the Brilliance this week-end. Is there Wi Fi available onboard... i'm trying to decide if i need to bring my laptop... or is there an "internet cafe" where i can check email, etc?

There is WiFi available in several hotspots around the ship, and there are also guest PC's available. Prices start at $0.65 per minute of connect time. If you just want to check email, then the guest PC's should work OK for you. However, if you want to upload photos, then you will have to bring your own device as the guest PC's do not give any access to USB ports or optical drives.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sailed on the Brilliance on Feb 16.

Bought the $55 (100 min) internet package.

I had promised to keep in touch with one message per day so I had no choice.

The service was so devastatingly slow that all I managed to get for my $55 was one email sent per day and one airline check-in on the last day -- and I only managed that because I wrote the text of each email off-line.

It took nine minutes to sign in, load my email server, hit send, and close the connection.

I used the public PC and my own iPad. Speed was slow on both.

Just so you know!

We just returned from a B2B on Brilliance, it was amazing. HOWEVER, if you need the internet just find a cafe in port. The speed is very much like dial up used to be. The relations desk was sympathetic but until the upgrade in May it will be a fact of life. I will note the second week I bought the package to use on my smart phone. It worked well, and there was more speed.

Archived