AZURA 22nd April SPECIAL GUEST ?

STEPHEN LARKIN

HI folks, I am booked on this mini cruise with my father, we are old hands at cruising and have been with most lines but I do have a burning question that is driving me mad...

My Dad has been going through the latest 2013 - 2014 P+O Brochure, in it he has found an entire page (page 31) dedicated to a special guest that will be on-board for this cruise. In fact this special guest will only be on Azura for two mini cruises and I would love to know who it is.

I have tried the P+O website which is not working when you ask any questions, so its down to the loyal cruise critic news hounds to solve this one ....please please please try to find out who it is, I'll not sleep tonight until I find out .

Cruising mad... :cool:

I really hope not... I am not an X Factor / Pop Idol / Singing On Ice / Skating in the Jungle / Big Bertha Fan

What a load of Rubbish.

A Star should be a star, I will be happy with anyone who has had their own tv show on British television in the last 20 -30 years but not some blow-in from a one-off talent bash !

OK that's the end of my rant... please tell me that I can look forward to a good entertainer - Gilbert O'Sullivan or even Bernie Flint would be fine, I'm not asking for much.

Anyone else got any hard evidence of who is our mystery guest on Azura ? :cool:

My guess is they havent confirmed anyone yet.. celebritys wont commit until later incase a better offer of work comes along. Many just get a free cruise for being on a ship so really its a free holiday for them not paid work. Some get paid if they have a lesser cabin.

• 4 weeks later...
My guess is they havent confirmed anyone yet.. celebritys wont commit until later incase a better offer of work comes along. Many just get a free cruise for being on a ship so really its a free holiday for them not paid work. Some get paid if they have a lesser cabin.

P&O I understand give cruise lecturers on board 'staff rooms' - sometimes with a window - not guest rooms, and don't get paid as a rule. Also they can't eat in restaurants except maybe in the buffet. as a rule it is below stairs!!

P&O I understand give cruise lecturers on board 'staff rooms' - sometimes with a window - not guest rooms, and don't get paid as a rule. Also they can't eat in restaurants except maybe in the buffet. as a rule it is below stairs!!

There is a difference between on-board lecturers who do get crew cabins and do get paid, and celebs who get passenger cabins.

• 2 weeks later...
HI folks, I am booked on this mini cruise with my father, we are old hands at cruising and have been with most lines but I do have a burning question that is driving me mad...

My Dad has been going through the latest 2013 - 2014 P+O Brochure, in it he has found an entire page (page 31) dedicated to a special guest that will be on-board for this cruise. In fact this special guest will only be on Azura for two mini cruises and I would love to know who it is.

I have tried the P+O website which is not working when you ask any questions, so its down to the loyal cruise critic news hounds to solve this one ....please please please try to find out who it is, I'll not sleep tonight until I find out .

Cruising mad... :cool:

Did you find out who he/she is?....

Is that definitely confirmed... I had heard something from a member the current Headliners show-team on board but he wouldn't confirm her exact dates.

She's the Godess of musical theatre.. Ultra Excited if she is defo on board...!

Hi tinker,I hope so too :D

I saw a Post earlier regarding Ruthie, soi done some searching and found a tweet 10 days ago from a chap off Azura saying he can't wait as he's seeing Ruthie in 10 days, his post was dated 12th April, so adding 10 days onto his post makes it the 22nd. I then found another thread linking her with Azura 22nd April, so I checked her website, she has tour dates march and may, but none in April, so I think it looks good :D

Hi tinker,I hope so too :D

I saw a Post earlier regarding Ruthie, soi done some searching and found a tweet 10 days ago from a chap off Azura saying he can't wait as he's seeing Ruthie in 10 days, his post was dated 12th April, so adding 10 days onto his post makes it the 22nd. I then found another thread linking her with Azura 22nd April, so I checked her website, she has tour dates march and may, but none in April, so I think it looks good :D

I've seen the same tweet .. Let's hope soo, shes amazing...

Just wanted to comment with regard to cruise lecturers.

We were sat with to a very nice gentleman and his wife in the restaurant on Ventura. He was spending the season lecturing on board. He told us that he was not paid but they cruised for free, had a balcony cabin and all on board expenses were covered apart from alcohol. Oh and he was not thrown out of the restaurant or the theatre!

Archived