What is: Access to Star Bar day lounge???

thixson

The Star Bar is off limits to non-suite passengers during the day (open to all at night)...as a suite guest, you get access to it.

Nice views and bar area.

I thought there were two parts to the Star Bar. Is this true of both parts?

Is someone there to check?

It is a nice lounge in the evening, once it's open to others. We've enjoyed it many times then. But nothing going on during the day while it serves as the concierge lounge.

I thought there were two parts to the Star Bar. Is this true of both parts?

Is someone there to check?

The two times we were on the ship, the "other part" was used as Cagney's overflow. So just past the bar heading port side there are doors that were typically closed with curtains pulled.

Absolutely nothing worth mentioning or getting excited over. Anyone can walk in. But there is nothing happening. The concierge has a desk set up there during the day. That's it. That's all.

I am not in a suite and had been looking forward to spending quiet time in the Star Bar reading on our ta. Since you say anyone can walk in, maybe I'll still be able to spend quiet time in there.

I guess though that for the Panama Canal transit after the ta, it might be limited to suite guests since there aren't many out-of-the-sun places from which to view the transit.

We were in a suite during our Star cruise in Nov 2011, and we never got to go in the Star Bar. Not once. It was always closed for a private function during the day. Big sign just inside the door and roped off. I checked once or twice every sea day and it was always the same.

I tried a couple times in the evening over the course of the cruise. One time it was the same thing (big "private function" sign, roped off) and the other time the door was locked and it was totally dark. This was like, ohhh, maybe 8 o'clock at night.

I realize it's where the Friends of Bill W/Dorothy and other groups meet, but damn, was there ever a time when it was open to anyone who just wanted to sit in a quiet comfortable air-conditioned area overlooking the pool deck/ocean?

We were in a suite during our Star cruise in Nov 2011, and we never got to go in the Star Bar. Not once. It was always closed for a private function during the day. Big sign just inside the door and roped off. I checked once or twice every sea day and it was always the same.

I tried a couple times in the evening over the course of the cruise. One time it was the same thing (big "private function" sign, roped off) and the other time the door was locked and it was totally dark. This was like, ohhh, maybe 8 o'clock at night.

I realize it's where the Friends of Bill W/Dorothy and other groups meet, but damn, was there ever a time when it was open to anyone who just wanted to sit in a quiet comfortable air-conditioned area overlooking the pool deck/ocean?

Did you asked the concierge about it? I think that the "private function" sign in Star Bar is because it's a suite perk!

Archived