Finding our cruise

Doudounka

Hello,

This would be our second cruise.

First cruise I chanced stumbled upon a great deal on Celebrity's Connie for april 1st, surfing the web and celebrity's website.

First cruise not taken yet, but our grand daughter 2-1/2 years old, understand that Grand dad and Grandma are going on a boat and she wants to go on a boat as well. So be it, summer/fall vacation to come, we decided we will cruise again bringing her along. looking for Bahams or carribean or something south, 4 nights and up.

Been looking the past 2-3 weeks on different sites and kinda am at loss trying to find something suitable and not overly expensive. I see a few cruises that are cheap from Carnival.... but Carnival??? not sure.

So what would be a good cruise line with an child of 2 or 3, she turns 3 in octobre. Anyone know good deals ? Also we are french speaking, so child does not understand english, would that be a huge issue ?

Any insight, good cruise search website, would be appreciated.

Thank you

Celebrit

I would wait until she is 3 and potty trained. Before she is potty trained, she will not be able to go in pools or kids clubs (except for carnival). After 3 years old, either a Disney cruise or royal caribbeans Oasis or Allure would be excellent choices.

Royal Caribbean has this: "At our colorful Royal Babies & TotsSM Nursery, littlest guests (ages 6-36 months) are cared for by trained professionals while enjoying specially designed programs. Daytime and evening drop-off is offered; hourly fee of $8 applies. Available on select ships."

So that is something to consider when selecting!

Hello,

Looking at some cruises from Royal when she will be 3 and seems Royal doesn't have much incentives to book with a child. I admit they seem to have a very good program with Dreamworks, but not price friendly i find for children

Some examples :

• Per Person Price
  • Guests 1-2: $379
  • Guests 3-4: $509

• Per Person Price
  • Guests 1-2: $589
  • Guests 3-4: $589

hmmmmmmmm don't know

Disney quite often offers a "Kids Sail Free" fare which would put it on par in cost with the others. Disney offers some of the largest cabins at sea and there is no cruise that will appeal to a 3 year old girl like Disney will.

Disney quite often offers a "Kids Sail Free" fare which would put it on par in cost with the others. Disney offers some of the largest cabins at sea and there is no cruise that will appeal to a 3 year old girl like Disney will.

Totally agree! Disney is top of the line for kids. We took our grandkids (9,9, & 6 yrs) they LOVED it. We've been to Disney World many times living in S. FL and they said they would rather go on another Disney cruise. We have cruised many times (adults ony) and the staff at every level on Disney were very attentive, much more so than other cruise lines. When we went to dinner every night the staff would entertain the kids with magic tricks, taught them how to do the tricks, and even cut their steaks. We were very impressed. It was great!

I seriously doubt if you are going to find any children's programs where the staff speak French.

I disagree. The last 3 cruises we've been on, on 3 different cruise lines, there was always Canadian staff in the kids club, as well as staff from other countries. While not every Canadian is fluent in French, most of us can get by.

Don't forget Costa. It is now owned by Carnival Corporation but has the #1 cruise ships in Europe. They also now do the Caribbean. We have been on Costa 4 times. First 3 they didn't know Costa was doing the Caribbean. On our 4th they did. I heard a lot of French on that cruise and other languages. When you go to the dining room for breakfast or lunch, they ask you if you want the menu in English, Italian, French, German or Danish!

We didn't leave Fort Lauderdale until 7:30 at night. From our window I saw two bus loads of passengers arrive at the port. We decided these were the charter flights from Europe.

But, I have no idea what type of program they have for children.

Archived