what to do at port cananvale

F858MM

I went to the space center when I was there and it was great, but mind you I'm an adult space buff who's only wanted to see the place since I was 5, and that's 50 years of wishing. I got to see the last shuttle on the launch pad about two weeks before she went up. It was very cool. :) There were lots of kids there and they seemed to be having a fine time. If your kids like museums, they will probably like this. If not, take them to Orlando. And if you want a quiet day in Florida, cocoa beach is very pretty. It's really a nice cruise all the way around. Have a great time!

With kids that age I would go to Cocoa Beach. NCL offers an unlimited shuttle between the beach and the ship. The shuttles are hotel shuttles, none had seatbelts and I was ok with my kids riding unrestrained (and I'm a Canadian car seat tech, so that's saying something :rolleyes:). The beach was a block from where they drop you off, and there are bathrooms clearly marked and accessible for day use. What I liked best is that we could come and go all day without any restrictions. The beach has a slow grade and was very safe for little ones to play in the sand.

I personally wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars to put 1&3 year olds on a bus for an hour to get to Disney, visit for a few hours and spend another hour on a bus to get back to the ship, but that's me ;)

With kids that age I would go to Cocoa Beach. NCL offers an unlimited shuttle between the beach and the ship. The shuttles are hotel shuttles' date=' none had seatbelts and I was ok with my kids riding unrestrained (and I'm a Canadian car seat tech, so that's saying something :rolleyes:). The beach was a block from where they drop you off, and there are bathrooms clearly marked and accessible for day use. What I liked best is that we could come and go all day without any restrictions. The beach has a slow grade and was very safe for little ones to play in the sand.

I personally wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars to put 1&3 year olds on a bus for an hour to get to Disney, visit for a few hours and spend another hour on a bus to get back to the ship, but that's me ;)[/quote']

I second Cocoa Beach for kids that age. Anything else would probably be too much for them. Also might not be a bad day to just stay onboard and enjoy everything a less crowded ship offers.

I second Cocoa Beach for kids that age. Anything else would probably be too much for them. Also might not be a bad day to just stay onboard and enjoy everything a less crowded ship offers.

Well, I'm going to third that! I know someone suggested an airboat ride, but I would not take a one year old on an airboat! Not even sure if it's allowed, they may be too young. Regardless, airboats are extremely loud, earmuffs strongly recommended, and I just think a young child would be scared...JMHO.

There is a nice beach very close to the terminal, called Jetty Park. The beach is very nice! There is a small fee, per car, to go into the area. It's where we locals go to watch the ships leave port.:)

Going on the jewel in march, we have 2 children ages 1 and 3.

Good day!

we have been to Port Canarval on at least 6 cruises. We have never done the usual thing...Disney, Space Center, etc. We have found a nic elitte beach-- Jetty State Park. March may be off season which means the food consession closes at 4pm. Never manay people, clean bathrooms, playground, pier to walk on -- we have seen manatee, dolphins, sea turtles -- In season there are chairs and umbrellas to rent.

Our last cruise we told a family on board about it-- we ended up sharing a cab -- they had a 2 year and they loved the beach.

just go out to the cab stand and ask to go to Jetty Park. It costs aobut $4.00 a person. sometimes they give you a break on the kids if they sit in your lap.

http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/park_index

http://www.jettypark.org/

Well, I'm going to third that! I know someone suggested an airboat ride, but I would not take a one year old on an airboat! Not even sure if it's allowed, they may be too young. Regardless, airboats are extremely loud, earmuffs strongly recommended, and I just think a young child would be scared...JMHO.

There is a nice beach very close to the terminal, called Jetty Park. The beach is very nice! There is a small fee, per car, to go into the area. It's where we locals go to watch the ships leave port.:)

Totally agree on Cocoa or Jetty beach. We are taking our 1 year old on this itinerary and I would 100% not take her on an airboat ride. I agree I can't imagine that being allowed.

I personally wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars to put 1&3 year olds on a bus for an hour to get to Disney' date=' visit for a few hours and spend another hour on a bus to get back to the ship, but that's me ;)[/quote']

Not only that, it's not really practical given the time & distance to get to the main gate of any park, plus the admission charges and the amount of time to get your money's worth from that park.

Ron Jon's Surf Shop is located in Cocoa Beach, a short ten minute ride south of Port Canaveral. The store has a great selection of bathing suits, towels, and the usual touristy stuff. It's open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. It's a really great place to check out. You can literally spend a few hours shopping in the store. There's also a great public beach located one short block behind the store. I definitely think that spending time in that area is better than traveling all the way over to the Walt Disney complex. By the time you get to WDW and are relaxed it's all ready time to return to the ship. Jetty Park which is located just south of Port Canaveral would be my next choice in reference to spending time in the Port Canaveral area.

Archived