Grandeur of the seas 5/24..just booked! : )

Dharma517

So excited...got a great deal on an Interior GTY. DH and I are going for our 15th wedding anniversary. In laws watching the 4 kids. How will I sleep at night? lol Haven't cruised on Royal for a while but have done two EOS and one SOS. Recently we have been doing Disney for the kids.

A few question because I am not skilled enough for some reason to use search properly:

1. Check in at Baltimore is typically what time?

2. Still can only bring two 750ml bottles of wine on board?

3. How is the condition of this ship?

4. Specialty restaurants?

5. I picked late dining...what time is that?

As far as the liquor packages. We typically have a bottle of wine dinner. We both like beer during the day and perhaps a frozen drink. My DH likes mixed drinks after dinner. What is the best option for us?

Thank you so much!:D

Can answer a couple of questions.

Two 750ml bottles of wine allowed per stateroom, subject to a $25 charge each if you bring them to a bar or dining venue.

Grandeur now has these specialty restaurants:

Park Café

Chef’s Table

Chops Grille

Giovanni’s Table

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Park Cafe is included, the others are extra cost.

So excited...got a great deal on an Interior GTY. DH and I are going for our 15th wedding anniversary. In laws watching the 4 kids. How will I sleep at night? lol Haven't cruised on Royal for a while but have done two EOS and one SOS. Recently we have been doing Disney for the kids.

A few question because I am not skilled enough for some reason to use search properly:

1. Check in at Baltimore is typically what time?

2. Still can only bring two 750ml bottles of wine on board?

3. How is the condition of this ship?

4. Specialty restaurants?

5. I picked late dining...what time is that?

As far as the liquor packages. We typically have a bottle of wine dinner. We both like beer during the day and perhaps a frozen drink. My DH likes mixed drinks after dinner. What is the best option for us?

Thank you so much!:D

1: 1130 usually. be warned, they are ANAL about not letting you use smart phones , laptops and other interweb capable devices in the waiting area.

2: correct.

3: sorry, you'll be on her before I am( we don't sail until September) so take lots of pics!

4: Chops and Giovannis plus Izumi.

5: 8:30.

you'll have to do a little research on packages, we just drink wine and DH will be content with his JD and cokes in the concierge lounge before dinner. we found the wine package to be perfectly adequate as we can kill a bottle a night at dinner ourselves.

We cruise out of Baltimore. It is one of the easiest places to cruise from. There are no stairs, escalators or shuttle buses to worry with.

1. You pull up to carts [like at the airport] to unload luggage and then park. Very easy. We try to get there between 11-11:30. But, we have cruised with others than try for 10:45. That is too early for me. They usually begin boarding around 11 ish. We have been delayed before and gotten there around 12:30. I think that is the busiest time. It took us an hour to get through security. Then we had to check -in. Be early or be late.:)

2. You said "still can only bring 2 --750ml wine" LOL this policy was just added Nov 1. The rest of us did a happy dance when it was announced.

3. I will be on the GOTS repo cruise in April so we will let you know how she is.

4. We do not do speciality dining very often--so I can not tell you.

5. We have late dining, too. Our cruise document says 8:30pm. [i hope that is correct]

Archived