Birthday on RCCL - Any benefits/specials ?

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone else ever gotten this from Royal Caribbean? I ask this because we have never gotten deals/discounts for our anniversary/birthdays. We are Diamond Plus and get those discounts, but none have been a bottle of house champagne for our anniversary. (We can order champagne as our Diamond Plus gift) but the poster is not indicating it's for that.

We are going to celebrate our anniversary in January on Freedom and hey, if they want to send us champagne, feel free, lol.

The booking agents may be given the allowance to occasionally arrange something for guests. I know many travel agents will set up something nice for you when you're celebrating a special occasion. The cruise line sets limits on how much can be given, though. Usually around $25.

Princess decorates the cabin door with a sign and balloons, small cake in the dining room, card signed by captain.......all free!!

How is that relevant to OP's inquiry? They are clearly not sailing on Princess.

DH has gotten the birthday package for me - decorations, flowers, etc. All very nice. Not a big fan of the singing waiters, so we passed on the cake thing but one of our tablemates got one once and it was very good.

• 11 months later...

We were on a cruise on two years ago when it was my birthday. Unbeknown to me, my wife ordered a cake which was delivered to our cabin with a bottle of wine by one of the staff. She stayed to have a piece of cake with us.

Also took a slice to the concierge in the Diamond lounge.

Am having another birthday while we are cruising this year and may have the same sort of celebration. We will NOT have a cake at the table in the MDR with the waiters signing

Is this something new? We were on the Liberty in January celebrating his birthday and did not get this.

We got it on Allure in January and we never listed it as a celebration. I'm not a fan of singing waiters but the simple 'Happy Birthday' was a nice touch.

I ordered the chocolate birthday cake and the birthday decorations for DH's birthday. The decorations only stayed up one day before they started falling down. The cake was delicious! And I'm picky about chocolate cakes. We ordered it on day 5, and expected to have some left over by the end of our cruise.

We got a call from Sabor's asking us to celebrate their birthday with them, but we'd already prepaid for Chops. Chops on Navigator w/ the new menu was disappointing, poor service too. And they completely forgot about DH's birthday!

Celebrated DH birthday on the Liberty of the Seas on March 5. I ordered the chocolate birthday cake for about $17.00. The frosting was chocolate and Happy Birthday with his name was written in red. It really was delicious. And served well our table of 10. I brought decorations for the room from home. But nothing was done by RCCL itself. Although our room steward made the best towel animal that day.