Birthday on RCCL - Any benefits/specials ?

Dear fellow cruisers,

most likely I will be able to spend my birthday on BoS ...

I tried to see if there are any benefits, specials or or or ... but all I could find was:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=631

which reads like that they can help you to organize your party etc.

Hope that I did not miss anything.

Also do hope that the link above is ok.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

;)

I believe there is a birthday package if you purchase it.You may order a cake in the DR,charge, formerly free.The waiters will sing happy birthday,no charge.Your post is fine.

Edited by teajak

On our last cruise (which was way too long ago), I purchased a party package for my DW. I did not tell her about it, so she was very surprised when she saw the sign on our door and the decorations in my room. If I remember correctly, there was also some type of flower arrangement. As also mentioned above, the wait staff did sing to her on the evening of her birthday. It was all very nice.

Besides the singing and the candle on the cake, we did not get any other benefits [and if I remember correctly, I did pay for the birthday cake - although I guess I could have asked them to put a candle on one of the cakes they were serving for desert that night].

However, note that we are just "Gold" members, and maybe there are other "benefits" to birthday cruisers in the upper tiers of C&A. [if someone has shown their loyalty and spent money on dozens of cruises with RCI, I would hope that they would do something a little extra for them.]

Also, if someone is celebrating a big milestone birthday (or anniversay), I have heard it announced at times at the beginning of some of the shows, when the celebrants are in attendance.

-------

Edited to add - re-reading what the above person wrote (who is a D+), I guess there are no freebees for the upper level C&A members either.

Edited by Travel R

On just about every cruise you have a large number of people celebrating something. If the cruise line was to give or do something for each one it would be a fortune.

By about the 3rd day of your cruise if you are eating in the main dining room you will be sick of hearing Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary being sung.

If you want to do something special you will need to do it on your own. We have sailed on my son's birthday in the past and celebrate in our own special way, not expecting anything from the cruise line.

but, if one of your party tell the waiter you have a birthday on a certain day, they will show up with a small little cake and a bunch of waiters will sing to ya.

The days of freebies are over.

Cake is only provided if you pay for it. Otherwise they will bring out one of the featured desserts of the evening with a candle. There is no charge for the singing waiters!:D

Dear fellow cruisers,

most likely I will be able to spend my birthday on BoS ...

I tried to see if there are any benefits, specials or or or .

;)

if you do not arrange for something yourself( or have someone do so for you) best you can ever hope is your dessert that night will have candle in it and they will sing for you. and even then someone usually has to request or mention it ahead of time.

Ok, thanx.

Honestly: Isn't being on a cruise with BoS on your birthday a very nice birthday surprise itself ? :D

PS Well, having Oasis class sailing and now that the Quantum is being built, the leveling board is more challenging ... ;)

PPS I know where I will be in Jan 2015 (once the prices got reasonable) ;-)

PPPS Thank you: RCCL!

Edited by ChristianDecker

We are sailing on the Indy in November and will be spending both of our birthdays on the ship (one reason we booked this cruise)

We are just going to alert staff and do the candle in the dessert of the night as last year for our anniversary we had bought a cake and by the end of the cruise we had only eaten two pieces.

I bought one of the cakes from Gifts and Gear and they wrote happy birthday on it with my name. The chocolate one. It was good, but we did not finish it.

It was only $10 when I got it, but I think it's up to $20 or something now.

Edited by kingsgirl

Please let your agent know that you are celebrating during your cruise. They will ask you what day you would like to celebrate on and will bring you a piece of dessert and singing waiters to wish you the best on your day. There is no charge for this, and it doesn't matter if it is your first cruise or your 50th. Happy birthday!

We had our anniversary on IOS in Feb & the waiters sang & brought us a slice of chocolate mint cake!

Might get the cabin decorated as a surprise for Mom - when we go to Alaska in May!! 85th B'day cruise - great idea - I know she will love it!

Betty

Our first cruise with Royal was last August. When I called to book it (directly thru Royal), I was asked if there was a special occasion being celebrated. I mentioned our wedding anniversary and she noted it on our booking.

When we got to the room, there was a single sheet of paper that listed several deals/discounts for us in honor of our special occasion. I know there was one regarding the art auction and one for the airbrush tattoo...I can't remember the other offers, but we only used one - a free bottle of house champagne, which we redeemed with our dinner in Chops.

I thought it was nice of them.

I book thru RCL directly, and need to use a rep as we get the RFS. They always ask if we are celebrating a birthday or anniversary. This coming cruise will encompass both my husband's and mine- so we shall see!

When our kids had a birthday on the ' RCI ship of which I cannot remember the name" out of Long Beach, CA, they received some sort of toy and a card in the suite on their BD-a nice surprise. But that was 8 years ago....

The room decoration package that you can purchase is really cute , and the streamers and stuff are fun for the kids to take home. Someone mentioned on a post that she uses the little placards in her scrapbook.

I book thru RCL directly, and need to use a rep as we get the RFS. They always ask if we are celebrating a birthday or anniversary. This coming cruise will encompass both my husband's and mine- so we shall see!

When our kids had a birthday on the ' RCI ship of which I cannot remember the name" out of Long Beach, CA, they received some sort of toy and a card in the suite on their BD-a nice surprise. But that was 8 years ago....

The room decoration package that you can purchase is really cute , and the streamers and stuff are fun for the kids to take home. Someone mentioned on a post that she uses the little placards in her scrapbook.

I was curious about this. When I was on the phone with a rep for my upcoming cruise in May...she asked if we were celebrating anything special. I replied that it is our one year anniversary and she said she would make a note to celebrate it on such and such day. I was wondering what was meant by that...how do they recognize it?

On just about every cruise you have a large number of people celebrating something. If the cruise line was to give or do something for each one it would be a fortune.

By about the 3rd day of your cruise if you are eating in the main dining room you will be sick of hearing Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary being sung.

If you want to do something special you will need to do it on your own. We have sailed on my son's birthday in the past and celebrate in our own special way, not expecting anything from the cruise line.

Princess decorates the cabin door with a sign and balloons, small cake in the dining room, card signed by captain.......all free!!

Our first cruise with Royal was last August. When I called to book it (directly thru Royal), I was asked if there was a special occasion being celebrated. I mentioned our wedding anniversary and she noted it on our booking.

When we got to the room, there was a single sheet of paper that listed several deals/discounts for us in honor of our special occasion. I know there was one regarding the art auction and one for the airbrush tattoo...I can't remember the other offers, but we only used one - a free bottle of house champagne, which we redeemed with our dinner in Chops.

I thought it was nice of them.

Has anyone else ever gotten this from Royal Caribbean? I ask this because we have never gotten deals/discounts for our anniversary/birthdays. We are Diamond Plus and get those discounts, but none have been a bottle of house champagne for our anniversary. (We can order champagne as our Diamond Plus gift) but the poster is not indicating it's for that.

We are going to celebrate our anniversary in January on Freedom and hey, if they want to send us champagne, feel free, lol.