late exit, oasis

norcalal

Some of the ships are now offering (for a sm price) to let you stay on until the afternoon. You have to vacate your stateroom but you can eat and use the pool. You can also use the gyms shower and changing room. I'm not sure how you can get accurate info about this for the Oasis?? The people who answer the phones even the C&A sometimes know less than us cruisers:rolleyes:

I can tell you that this has been offered on some of our RCCL ships but not all of them. Have a great time, we're following you 2 weeks later! Can't wait, Oasis is an amazing ship!!!!!

Some of the ships are now offering (for a sm price) to let you stay on until the afternoon. You have to vacate your stateroom but you can eat and use the pool. You can also use the gyms shower and changing room. I'm not sure how you can get accurate info about this for the Oasis?? The people who answer the phones even the C&A sometimes know less than us cruisers:rolleyes:

I can tell you that this has been offered on some of our RCCL ships but not all of them. Have a great time, we're following you 2 weeks later! Can't wait, Oasis is an amazing ship!!!!!

That is one of the reasons I posted the question. I had vaguely remembered hearing about that. This is our first time Ft Lauderdale and Oasis. We have a late flight and I was hoping to "hang" out a while without being a problem. I do know we have to give up the cabin.

That is one of the reasons I posted the question. I had vaguely remembered hearing about that. This is our first time Ft Lauderdale and Oasis. We have a late flight and I was hoping to "hang" out a while without being a problem. I do know we have to give up the cabin.

If you had an early flight you would be amazed how efficient this process is. However, like you I have to kill some time. I don't believe this is an option for the Oasis class as they have no many people to turn around in one day. This time, I am doing a repeat on the Everglades excursion just to keep myself busy till around 4pm. Even on the lame port everglades post cruise excursions they hold your bags and deliver you to the airport.

I have never heard of this, but it would be very nice if I had a flight that left later in the afternoon, but not late enough to take advantage of an excursion.

If you had an early flight you would be amazed how efficient this process is. However, like you I have to kill some time. I don't believe this is an option for the Oasis class as they have no many people to turn around in one day. This time, I am doing a repeat on the Everglades excursion just to keep myself busy till around 4pm. Even on the lame port everglades post cruise excursions they hold your bags and deliver you to the airport.

I have looked at the post cruise options. Our problem is that my daughter travels with two wheelchairs. The only one that would work is the Mall and I would rather sit at the airport than go to the mall. Our flight is at 3:00, so we will just linger on board, have lunch at the airport and read a book. :(

It might be worth giving RCCL a call and explaining the situation. They should be able to tell you if there will be a late debarkation option. If not, maybe they'll be able to make an exception for your family. Good luck!

Guests with special-needs consideration can cruise in comfort with total peace of mind. For more information, call the Royal Caribbean Access Department at (866) 592-7225, email special_needs@rccl.com, or visit our Accessible Seas program page.

When nothing else worked, I went back to SouthWest online and low and behold, there was a 12:15 flight. Its a longer layover than I like but also turned out to be 146 bucks cheaper! I honestly do not remember that flight being available when I booked.:D

We were on allure.

They want to off off off ASAP. They even restrict access to some areas of the ship, especially in the promenade areas.

Easy exit is to carry your own luggage and just walk off.

No fuss.

Archived