Internal Server Error

harz99

• 2 months later...

I am trying to submit a review of our recent Transatlantic cruise and you know how much time those take!!!! - and every time I press "submit", the screen jumps to "Server Error 500 - Internal Server Error - There is a problem with the resource you are looking for and it cannot be displayed"

Luckily, my review and my shore excursion mini-reviews are on another document so I haven't lost my writing, but, nonetheless, this is a huge pain in the ***, very time consuming, and pretty much dissuades one from going to all of this trouble in the first place!

I wonder if it caught the X errors.....:rolleyes:...you know how on the weekends

many times the X website doesn't work......so now the Cruise Critic

"submit reviews" section doesn't work either?:eek:

I wonder if it caught the X errors.....:rolleyes:...you know how on the weekends

many times the X website doesn't work......so now the Cruise Critic

"submit reviews" section doesn't work either?:eek:

I LOVE your joke about Celebrity's computer woes overflowing into Cruise Critic's! You could be right because the problem is STILL not fixed!!!!! I have been emailing with Maureen Baudreau, the CC technical person, so frustrating! I need to put this cruise to bed - which I can't do until the review is published and our digital photo book is complete - and then, I can begin working seriously on our next cruise! :p

• 2 weeks later...

YAY, finally the problem in posting has been resolved - the Cruise Critic computer support staff worked tirelessly and my review of our TransAtlantic cruise on Celebrity Equinox with accompanying reviews of our shore excursions, has been published - here is the link:

Here's a link/url to the published review for you to share with family, friends and to post on message boards and Facebook: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=220093.

YAY, finally the problem in posting has been resolved - the Cruise Critic computer support staff worked tirelessly and my review of our TransAtlantic cruise on Celebrity Equinox with accompanying reviews of our shore excursions, has been published - here is the link:

Here's a link/url to the published review for you to share with family, friends and to post on message boards and Facebook: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=220093.

Glad your problem is fixed.:)

I noticed I cannot find any of the threads I have started and emailed

CC about it too.

No answer about that one:eek:....I was trying to find a thread I

started about Bermuda....I cliked on the link that says "find threads

started".......and it says "no matches":eek:....I have started plenty

of threads before so that is really out of whack!

This is the person at Cruise Critic who figured out the problem - he is very professional, helpful - maybe if you email him directly your problem can be fixed. The thing is, that the site needs to work - otherwise, people will stop using it, advertisers will stop advertising = no money for the site - it is in their interest, it is imperative, that the site operate as it should. Good luck!!

-----------------------------------

Michael D. Noga

Senior Software Engineer

Independent Traveler / Cruise Critic / Family Vacation Critic

(e) michael@cruisecritic.com

Wrote a long very detailed review about 12 day Silhouette Med cruise, ports etc. filled in all the blanks for every port....was unable to save....got internal server error...and it suddenly disappeared.

Spent way too much time on the first go around. My cruise was April 29 and the way my memory is I won't remember anything by the time it is fixed!

Wrote a long very detailed review about 12 day Silhouette Med cruise, ports etc. filled in all the blanks for every port....was unable to save....got internal server error...and it suddenly disappeared.

Spent way too much time on the first go around. My cruise was April 29 and the way my memory is I won't remember anything by the time it is fixed!

Oh Petoonya, that's too bad, I would have loved to read your review as it's the same itinerary that we will be on in Sept! Isn't technology wonderful :rolleyes:, when it works!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one...I have been checking for Reflection reviews daily and cannot find any new ones. I guess everyone has been having trouble posting. I need my fix! July 19th on Reflection but until then I want to hear about everyone else's experiences. Thanks to all that take the time to post! Cruise Critic: we need a fix!

OH, Petoonya, that is beyond tragic - in the future, always always always, write your review on a WORD document or what I myself prefer doing, is simply use a blank email form - I use that as my edit/revise form, then I copy/paste my review onto the actual Member Review form - that way, if things crash and burn, I still always have my review saved - when you put so much effort into writing something, it is PAINFUL to lose your work. I do this when I write reviews for TripAdvisor, too - anytime, in fact, that I have to "rely" on a site's form, as they can never be trusted!

The systems engineer at Cruise Critic said that they have fixed the software issue but I would email him - it is very possible that your review is in the system - mine was!! - even though the System Error message showed up, the review was still in the Cruise Critic system - but not until I got in touch with them, did he retrieve it - so don't lose hope - send him an email. Cruise Critic relies on the Member Reviews, I know he will want to help you - without us, the loyal users who contribute reviews, the site doesn't exist - people log on to read what is written, and if what is written can't get posted, well, you see the cycle!

OH, Petoonya, that is beyond tragic - in the future, always always always, write your review on a WORD document or what I myself prefer doing, is simply use a blank email form - I use that as my edit/revise form, then I copy/paste my review onto the actual Member Review form - that way, if things crash and burn, I still always have my review saved - when you put so much effort into writing something, it is PAINFUL to lose your work. I do this when I write reviews for TripAdvisor, too - anytime, in fact, that I have to "rely" on a site's form, as they can never be trusted!

The systems engineer at Cruise Critic said that they have fixed the software issue but I would email him - it is very possible that your review is in the system - mine was!! - even though the System Error message showed up, the review was still in the Cruise Critic system - but not until I got in touch with them, did he retrieve it - so don't lose hope - send him an email. Cruise Critic relies on the Member Reviews, I know he will want to help you - without us, the loyal users who contribute reviews, the site doesn't exist - people log on to read what is written, and if what is written can't get posted, well, you see the cycle!

Lex,

Did it late one night on my Ipad (!) post cruise while still in Venice when I couldn't sleep. Sllly idea perhaps to do on an Ipad but figured that I'd not remember details waiting when I got home. I wrote some other reviews on Tripadvisor that same night with no problem. Will email the systems engineer and see what happens. But will freely admit I was really disappointed- it was a LOT of effort on an Ipad. And I would not even know how to save on one, and not any reason to in future.

Thanks very much for your thoughtful reply. :)

One last thing....

Just read YOUR review. It was absolutely fabulous. Not only detailed but beautifully composed- felt like I was there. Thanks- it was brilliant!!!

One last thing....

Just read YOUR review. It was absolutely fabulous. Not only detailed but beautifully composed- felt like I was there. Thanks- it was brilliant!!!

Oh, you are so sweet, thank you!! I love writing reviews, I am a "frustrated English Major" - no outlet here as a mom for my need to write! I look forward to your review, Petoonya, I bet Mike can help!! I REALLY feel your pain about losing it, that is SOOOO FRUSTRATING, to go to all of that effort, and with the push of a key, POOF, gone! And to have composed it on an iPad, yikes, with that non-keyboard - oh, even more frustrating!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Oh, you are so sweet, thank you!! I love writing reviews, I am a "frustrated English Major" - no outlet here as a mom for my need to write! I look forward to your review, Petoonya, I bet Mike can help!! I REALLY feel your pain about losing it, that is SOOOO FRUSTRATING, to go to all of that effort, and with the push of a key, POOF, gone! And to have composed it on an iPad, yikes, with that non-keyboard - oh, even more frustrating!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Ah-ha! An English major. A wordmaster! It was a terrific review. Looks like you'll be doing a similar cruise on Silhouette in Sept., so will keep my eye on things and maybe do a short review this week. But it won't be as elegant as yours! best wishes to you :)

Archived