Walk on/last minute Mercury

Dawn Anne

Has anyone had any luck with walking on/last minute cruises? We are heading to Seattle for the weekend and thought we'd try to get on the Mercury for a 3 night if possible. anyone with experience/suggestions about that? thanks!

Is it possible to get an unbelievable cheap price if you call Celebrity the week before a sailing? One of my main reasons to retire in Florida is to take advantage of last minute deals.

Is it possible to get an unbelievable cheap price if you call Celebrity the week before a sailing? One of my main reasons to retire in Florida is to take advantage of last minute deals.
living in Fla. 13years, never got any last minute deals,,good luck and let me know how you did it:p

Manifest is final 72 hours before sailing. We tried to throw money at Celebrity and do a back to back 2 days before our cruise was to end - and for "security reasons" it was not possible.:confused: Evidently we would have been a security threat if we stayed on the ship for another week.:D

As you're computer literate enough to be posting here, you can save the phone call and the infamous customer service reps, and do the homework right on your computer. Here's the site to check. It's really for TA's, but you can access it as well.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/

Typically, the name of the file you'll want to click on is

XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

or something like it. These are posted weekly.

Actually I've notice the last 30 days before a sailing the prices often tend to go up from their lows due to reduced inventory. Fewer cabins to choose from for those that want to book late. BTW. Most ships are sailing pretty darn full these days.

Thanks for the link! My plans for a Florida retirement are back on ;) Only thing is I have to locate myself within reasonable driving distance of the popular ports to avoid airfares.

Thanks again!

So is it cheaper to wait for these HH specials to come out and book then? I would always be afraid to wait, but I see our Summit 7/8 cruise is really cheap, but then can you get cheap airfare so close????

Anne Maria

You've got way more time between now and the earliest cruise listed this week (7/2) than you'd need to get relatively cheap airfare.

As to the prior poster's note -- while cruises that are booking well tend to keep going up until sail date, those that aren't are the ones that show up in the HH specials, and there are definitely some bargains there at times.

Cruisingchick - I almost hate to ask, but what would the difference have been on your 7/8 Alaska cruise? And as to the "Green Glow", you probably haven't noticed it due to your gender. It's more of a guy thing. It's not always bright enough to be noticed right away, and we, er, well... stand there for a bit sometimes.

The other point being that there aren't Celebrity three or four night itins out of Seattle right now. There'll be some Pac NW stuff this fall.

I have sailed, post 9/11, with less than 72 hours notice. The documents were done as pier pick-up. There is a mechanism in place for the lines to submit last-minute changes to the manifest, as Stuff Happens - people miss flights, crew members change, repair technicians from outside companies are boarded, etc. Also note, the rule is 72 hours before *arrival* into a US port; they don't care so much who gets on the ship as who might enter the country.

One piece of advice; at some point before the sailing, the ship inventory changes to pier-controlled; if you want to book after that time (which is usually 24 hours), get a supervisor on the line. I was once erroneously informed that there were "no cabins" by an RCCL rep who was just unfamiliar with how to quote and sell pier controlled cabins.

Eric, Who Won't Have A Ticker Larger Than 21 Days For What Seems The The Rest Of His Natural Life Right Now

Why would we care? This is the Celebrity board.

If you are on a cruise and want to stay on, you can be added to the manifest as Homeland Security has already done the work on you. The trick is, not everyone knows how to do it and not everyone wants to take the time to do it.

Makes them work a little harder!

Archived