Which is the best Parking experience in Galveston?

the admiral12

Try Park-n-Cruise. It's in the alley directly across the street from the terminal. No shuttle. You can get indoor or outdoor parking and just walk

across the street. Pre-pay online. Easiest parking we've ever done. Google "Galveston Park-n-Cruise.

Try Park-n-Cruise. It's in the alley directly across the street from the terminal. No shuttle. You can get indoor or outdoor parking and just walk

across the street. Pre-pay online. Easiest parking we've ever done. Google "Galveston Park-n-Cruise.

We used Park-n-Cruise last time. Very easy and quick! Actually, one of us (4 ppl) went across the street, picked up the car and drove right back across and we loaded up and were outta there! Either that, of you can just roll your bags across the street. We just had too much stuff to do that!

We loved the Park and Cruise and we are using them again in July. We got indoor parking and it was such a short walk to the terminal. When we were heading home our plan was to have me stay with the bags and sis run get the car. After looking at the line of cars we said "heck no!" And just walked right over.

Btw, coming out of the terminal we felt really sorry for the ton of shuttle riders (from other parking businesses) who were jockeying for position in the shade and for a spot on the next available shuttle!

How bad is the traffic when you cross the street to get to the parking? How far is it? Thanks

If you're talking about Park n Cruise, the traffic isn't bad since you can cross at the light in front of the Carnival terminal.

But the walk is over pretty uneven surfaces as you have to cross train tracks. Once you cross the street, you can walk the long way to stay on solid surfaces or take the right immediately after crossing for a shorter path, but then you're going over dirt/pebbles. Not the easiest if you have luggage with small wheels.

see this thread with photo of Park and Cruise

navbits_start.gif Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > Gulf Coast Departures navbits_finallink_ltr.gif Galveston Park N Cruise

It is directly across street

and maybe 200-300 yards

You will walk across street from lot where white van is

and then thru a open gate which is always open!

And then to left to RCL terminal!

This is photo from a Carnival ship cabin

overlooking Carnival terminal

and a complimented photo by a cruiser.

Blue sign with red and white big check is Park and Cruise entrance!

RCL terminal is right next door to right of this photo

l.jpg

We used Park n Cruise when we sailed on Magic this past October. I dropped everyone off with our stuff, parked the car and then walked over. Reversed the process when we got home. But there was one really resourceful couple that was walking across ahead of me, they had paid a porter to walk the luggage across on one of the carts with them. I bet that was a big tip!

We are just off the Carnival Magic and used Park n Cruise. It's perfect since you can walk over and just drag your bags with you. This was our first time to drive to a port or use self-disembarkation. The ship cleared Customs a little before 7:30 a.m. and we were driving out of Galveston by 8:00 a.m.

I used Ez Cruise three years ago and it was okay. Has anything better opened up?

Coming home last time was like the fall of saigon trying to get on a bus for Ez Cruise.

Admiral, If you happen to be a disabled vet, you can park at the Port of Galveston lot for free. We have parked there 10 times and it is always good. When we disembark, we get a porter to take us through the port (worth it at $1 a bag) and he takes us right to the shuttle. The last cruise (the Jan 28th propulsion cruise), we were out and in the parking lot in about 15 minutes from leaving the ship.

I used Ez Cruise three years ago and it was okay. Has anything better opened up?

Coming home last time was like the fall of saigon trying to get on a bus for Ez Cruise.

Admiral, If you happen to be a disabled vet, you can park at the Port of Galveston lot for free. We have parked there 10 times and it is always good. When we disembark, we get a porter to take us through the port (worth it at $1 a bag) and he takes us right to the shuttle. The last cruise (the Jan 28th propulsion cruise), we were out and in the parking lot in about 15 minutes from leaving the ship.

The Official Port of Galveston Parking Lots are also free if you are a Purple Heart recipient or travel agent. Click here: http://www.portofgalveston.com/index.aspx?NID=92

Kat 50.gif

• 2 weeks later...
That could have been us. Lol. The porter asked if we were parked or taking a shuttle. We told him we were at Park n Cruise and he just kept walking across the street.

It might have been - talk about customer service, lol! I know it made me smile. :) I have to say it really worked out well for us parking with ParknCruise. I hope you all had as fun a trip as we did!

• 2 weeks later...

we just used cruise park last week. Was $45 cash. They are across the street from the Carnival port entrance and about 1 block down.

The porter wheeled our luggage across the street then we got onto a golf cart and the driver took us right to our car. We didn't have to roll or carry our luggage at all. The porter and the cart driver did everything. Well worth tipping. Their web site is www dot cruisepark dot com. They were great, would use again.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Lighthouse when we were in Galveston. They even unloaded and loaded our bags right from/into the car trunk. Very impressed.

The shuttle to the port was no wait- we were the only ones on it. The one from the port we waited about 5 minutes to fill up.

We used Park N Cruise last year and were planning to use them again this year but they would not allow Princess passengers to park with them. However, later I understand that they did start letting Princess passengers park there. We had already reserved another place. We thought they were great though. It is so easy to just park and walk across the street.

This year we ended up using BOI Valet Parking. They are just across the street also. However, they are closer because they are right on the corner. They park your vehicle for you and then you just walk across the street. Then when you come back, they get your car out and you are on your way. We love doing that. It gives us more control and is so convenient. We plan to use them again next year because they are closer.

We do the same with EZCruise. DH drops me and luggage off at pier, he drives to EZcruise, parks the car and walks back to the terminal. On returning from RCCL terminal, we pull luggage on side walk to the Carnival Terminal, go out the main gate and cross the street. I wait on corner while DH walks to EZ cruise and gets the car. We are seniors and this is a very easy walk with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry ons. EZ cruise is just 1 block behind Park & Cruise. Besides, after a week of cruising, you need to walk...lol.

We used Park N Cruise last month when we cruised on the Crown Princess. We had used Lighthouse two other times. I like Park N Cruise better because there is no shuttle and it's directly across the street. No shuttle means no tipping or waiting. Lighthouse is several blocks away if you want to walk, which I did both times.

I use discount cruise parking. They are the furthest from the port, but are the cheapest. They are right next to the Exxon station. You get an extra discount for booking online.

We have used Lighthouse Parking 3 times, and have it reserved in June. All covered parking. Very helpful with bags, and have never had much of a wait for the shuttle. $5.00 off if you reserve online. Very happy with their service.

Archived