Advice from my dear forum friends ?

25th April on Celebration repo cruise

been on the good ship before, perhaps now new cutains and carpets due to refit :rolleyes:

all booked, but as it is my beloved ones 60th(March 25 not APRIL:o )

thought might add a bit of sparkle :eek:

the onboard extras seem a little over the top :rolleyes:

any other ideas ?

Sharm El Sheikh , Sharm El Sheikh , Port Sokhna , Suez Canal , Ship At Sea , Beirut , Larnaca , Ashdod , Ship At Sea , Alanya , Rhodes Town , Marmaris

Stevie :confused:

-

25th April on Celebration repo cruise

been on the good ship before, perhaps now new cutains and carpets due to refit

all booked, but as it is my beloved ones 60th(March 25 not APRIL:o )

thought might add a bit of sparkle :eek:

the onboard extras seem a little over the top

any other ideas ?

Sharm El Sheikh , Sharm El Sheikh , Port Sokhna , Suez Canal , Ship At Sea , Beirut , Larnaca , Ashdod , Ship At Sea , Alanya , Rhodes Town , Marmaris

Stevie :confused:

I know you've said the on-board extras are a bit over the top - but if Mistral's is anything like as good as the Grill on Dream or the Bistro on Majesty I think your DH would enjoy that. (Well I'd be happy to go anytime! ;) )

When we booked for the Grill, the girl on Reception asked if it was for a special occasion - which in our case it wasn't but perhaps there's some scope there to add a little extra (whatever that might be - we didn't find out what difference it would have made had we said 'Yes') It could be something you can negotiate with them. A lovely touch on Dream was that our desert plate had our names piped in chocolate around the rim! I thought that was charming. How about asking them to pipe a special message from you to her on the plate? Aaaaah! I'd be touched anyway! :o

A pamper session might be appreciated too - and they make those individual gold cartouches when you go on some of the excursions if you're interested - perhaps not your OH's style but would be a permanent momento.

Run out of ideas now stevie - but I'm sure there will be lots more coming along.

Hope you find the inspiration you're looking for. :)

We went on e Celebration for my 40th & then again for my Dad's 70th. Both times, we had a birthday cake & bottle of sparkling wine which was lovely. The waiters came & sang to us when they brought the cake & for my Dad's birthday, they put table confetti all over the table!!

kruzseeka, what a nice reply from a lovely lady

thank you

Stevie :)

Aw...... thank you! :) Your kind thoughts will shine through whatever you choose to do for your OH - and I'm sure she will be delighted! ;)

Make sure mrs stevie doesn't have a look at this thread though :eek: - on the other hand I'm directing my DH to it! :D:D

Does anyone remember Vangellis the Greek Hotel Director ?

If so , please tell him that Lynn said Hi.

He has worked most of his life on Cruise Ships, woked as a waiter and restaurant manager before getting the HD gig.

A nice charming man.

A few years ago to mark our first cruise of sorts ,we were on the Bretagne for the New Year doing a cruise up the river Seine a few years ago.

Onboard just like Mrs Kalos does on the Thompson ships we were looking around the shops and she was looking at jewellery and watches and out of them she commented "Oh that watch there with the white strap ,thats pretty ." I just nodded and said "yes it is"

A few hours later She went into the shower in our cabin to get ready for the evening leaving her watch at her bedside but by the time she came out of the bathroom I had been and bought the watch she admired earlier that day and put it where her other watch had laid .

Yes I had slipped out and bought it for her whilst she was in the shower .

It was not an expensive watch but the look on her face was priceless .

To this day when we cruise that watch goes with her as she remembers it as her first cruise :).

So Should Mrs deccaman say " Oh thats pretty " there is an option for you Stevie to buy her something to remember your cruise

by everytime she would wear it .:D

60th Birthday :eek: leave her at home :D and enjoy yourself ;)

Must point out that Rebels Idea is cheaper and I'm sure she would never forget that either :D Nice one Rebel ;)

A few years ago to mark our first cruise of sorts ,we were on the Bretagne for the New Year doing a cruise up the river Seine a few years ago.

Onboard just like Mrs Kalos does on the Thompson ships we were looking around the shops and she was looking at jewellery and watches and out of them she commented "Oh that watch there with the white strap ,thats pretty ." I just nodded and said "yes it is"

A few hours later She went into the shower in our cabin to get ready for the evening leaving her watch at her bedside but by the time she came out of the bathroom I had been and bought the watch she admired earlier that day and put it where her other watch had laid .

Yes I had slipped out and bought it for her whilst she was in the shower .

It was not an expensive watch but the look on her face was priceless .

To this day when we cruise that watch goes with her as she remembers it as her first cruise :).

So Should Mrs deccaman say " Oh thats pretty " there is an option for you Stevie to buy her something to remember your cruise

by everytime she would wear it .:D

------------------------------------------

Kalos,

love that, but everytime I buy these trinkets /watches etc they seem to break into small bits (like me):D will try harder this year..for the things that ladies like. bless em all :)

Stevie

I said "that's pretty to a ring" whilst on the Dream recently. Priced at £1,478 my husband did say (sheepishly) "I do have my credit card with me."

I had a VERY quick think about it and decided it was the price of another holiday!!!

So the ring stayed in the display cabinet....anyway I have short fat fingers and only two ring fingers that are already sorted with one ring on each.

Lorraine

PS I wish the prices were actually shown, in the cabinets....so embaressing asking to try something on that's way out of your price range.

Hi Steve

I went on The Spirit with my friend as it was my friends birthday.Whilst she went to the library at 9am I decorated the cabin door and the cabin with tinsel and 'happy 61 today' notices for maximum emarassment lol.She was delighted, and when later that day when we returned we found that our cabin girls had put up lots of silver balloons and had printed out a 'happy birthday dear mrs lawton' notice on a computer.A nice touch.

That afternoon we went on a trip to see the salt pans in Slovenia- interesting to see how whole families lived in tiny houses for the summer whilst gathering the salt.Then we went to a winery and sampled a few wines, with bread and local cheese.The tour guide, having been told by me that it was my friends birthday,led a rousing 'happy birthday dear dorothy' sing song- and she was presented with a complimentary bottle of wine!

That evening we ate in the Compass Rose waiter service restaurant and I slipped a note to the waiter-soon the waiters gathered round our table to sing Happy Birthday.So my friend had a birthday to remember! She loved it!

Just a few ideas for you Steve

Flopsy

Archived