Nightclub - Quiet nights??

So a colleague at work was on EOS Presidents week and he mentioned today they had something called a quiet night in the Chamber. Folks were given headsets and had a choice of 2 channels to listen to music on. Then they danced on the floor while the overall room was silent.

Anyone else experienced this on EOS or other ships that can maybe shed some more light.

I find it really strange.

So a colleague at work was on EOS Presidents week and he mentioned today they had something called a quiet night in the Chamber. Folks were given headsets and had a choice of 2 channels to listen to music on. Then they danced on the floor while the overall room was silent.

Anyone else experienced this on EOS or other ships that can maybe shed some more light.

I've seen it on ExOS. you dont have a choice of the channels, you are assigned one. Your partner may (or may not) have the same channel and music. Also, the DJ may break in on one channel and ask all the dancers on that channel to do something, like lay down on the floor, etc.

It is really strange to watch but everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

Based on what I've heard on explorer, this is unique to that ship.

Steve

We did it on our Explorer cruise last year. We saw it on the cruise compass during the day and kind of laughed at it. We had no intentions on going to it but then that night we were bored and decided to check it out.

A cruise staff member outside The Chamber had a table set up where he handed the headsets out, collected them and sanitized them.

It was actually pretty funny seeing some people dance to one song while others danced to another. And another member of the cruise staff would sporadically get on one of the channels and say something like "ok, people on channel 1, the others cannot hear me. On the count of three, everyone dive on the floor.

I know it sounds corny, we thought it did too when we heard about it but it was actually pretty funny to participate in. It was only one night for about 2-3 hours I think.

I've seen it on ExOS. you dont have a choice of the channels, you are assigned one. Your partner may (or may not) have the same channel and music. Also, the DJ may break in on one channel and ask all the dancers on that channel to do something, like lay down on the floor, etc.

It is really strange to watch but everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

Based on what I've heard on explorer, this is unique to that ship.

Steve

You actually do have a choice of channels. There were several times where I didn't like a song on one channel so I switched to the other.

It is called "silent party" and the Chamber was packed those nights! There are 2 channels to choose from and it is so cool and funny to watch everybody dancing and singing to no music!

Right. A lot of people that didn't participate enjoyed sitting at the bar or at a table without loud music while laughing at the people on the dance floor.

That's everyone, i was beginning to think he was winding me up as he knows I am a frequent cruiser. I now have slightly different perspective and think I may be one of the folks at the bar or looking down having a good laugh. It has to be funny in person I am sure.

Love the CC family for all the solid feedback and info.

Right. A lot of people that didn't participate enjoyed sitting at the bar or at a table without loud music while laughing at the people on the dance floor.

I have to admit that my DF and myself were 2 of the people sitting at a table laughing. It looked like everyone participating was having a blast, so I say go for it if you want!

But it is hysterical to watch. ;)

When I was on Freedom OTS in January this year, they had it after Quest. Almost everyone was dancing. It might look funny at first but after awhile it seems normal. I had a blast. At 2 am they collected the headphones and turned on the loud music.

Archived