Breeze Review: 02/24

chrisC84

We just got off the Breeze, ports visited were Grand Turks, Ocho Rios, and Nasseau.

The ship is amazing!!!

Boarding: it was a breeze, we didn't wait at all, we were literally on in about 20 minutes once we got to the port.

Staff/Director Butch: they were all amazing, never once was anyone rude to us, not sure what others saw from previous trips but everyone looked happy!! Cruise director butch was amazing, he is very top notch and full of energy; same goes for his assistant Britney.

Food: all the food was great, we hardly ever waited in line for food, even with 4200 people on board. Guys burgers and the burrito bar were all all amazing. We also did the dining room 4x for dinner, food was very prompt and never cold. Every night the wait staff performed a show, they were all great.

Cheer Program; 100% worth it! Me, my wife, and the other couple are all around 28yrs old, yes we can drink, and no we were never forced to drink. Even if you have 5 drinks and lets say 2 sodas, you will save money!! Not once did any of us hit the 15 drink limit though! Cheers program also includes all frozen alcoholic drinks and coffee drinks IF you get a shot of something in it.

Entertainment/activities: everything was great EXCEPT the shows in the ovation theatre, they are seriously lacking the singing trait. A lot of people got up and left and even butch look disgusted haha. It was just bad....

All the other things were great, ropes course, water slides, etc.

I have two negatives...one was the pizza bar after let's say 10:00pm, why would you just have one person working in there at that time?! A lot of people get hungry that late at night, to have one person work at that time is insane. That's the most we waited for anything, 10-15min, pizza was always cooked to order though.

Second negative...only 2 pools for that many people? Pool was sometimes over crowded, not that much, but more than one pool or even a bigger pool would make sense...btw, pool was salt water, which I thought was great!

As far as excursions we did the dunns river falls in Ocho rios and the private getaway to blue lagoon island in the Bahamas, both were great! Loved the aqua park right in the middle of the water on the lagoon!

All in all we had an amazing time, this is my second cruise, first one being on the dream and I would def. sail with carnival again. Ship is amazing, staff, etc.

Awesome!!! And, look!?! You made it back and there is NO SNOW in the forecast;);) hahaha....42 days until I Breeze away........Watch there be some freak April snowstorm up here. That would be my luck...lol

Thanks for the report!!!!

Entertainment/activities: everything was great EXCEPT the shows in the ovation theatre, they are seriously lacking the singing trait. A lot of people got up and left and even butch look disgusted haha. It was just bad....

Yep, nothing like bad vocals to clear a room! :eek: I was just wondering the other day how the production shows were going to be for our March cruise on the Breeze.

Thanks for the review!

Tom

Thanks for your review.

Have a question for you, What time did you get to the port to board in Miami?

We flew in the day before into FLL and stood at a hotel near by. The next morning we were at the port by 11am and we were on the ship by 1145. (Luggage had to be taken out of bus, etc). You can't enter your room until 1:30 but you are able to drink, food, etc

Yep, nothing like bad vocals to clear a room! :eek: I was just wondering the other day how the production shows were going to be for our March cruise on the Breeze.

Thanks for the review!

Tom

There were a few who could really sing but the others, forget it. All the other shows were great though, hasbro show, couples shoe, etc. Motown was actually pretty good too. A lot of activities goin on near the lido deck 10.

I also forgot I mention we stood in balcony cabin 9396, other couple stood in the aft balcony 6503. Both rooms were outstanding, very spacious. The aft balcony was a lot bigger, may do this next time.

Thanks for the review. We plan to do the Cheers program. Did you have to wait long for drinks?

No not at all, your average bar time, few minutes. Waiters/waitresses are also all over the place. There is also plenty of available places to get drinks. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting the cheers as soon as you get on board, first thing if you want it. We purchased it around noon at the bar in the lobby, you'll see it as soon as you board the ship. The other couple we went with booked about an hour later and they waited about 25-30min for it.

Another thing if you purchase a beer you can't purchase a soda with it too, you have to wait 5min. Some staff would bring you both drinks and then the receipts a few minutes later to off set it. The computer will not allow you to get more than one drink right away. Non-alcoholic does not count towards your 15 limit either :)

We flew in the day before into FLL and stood at a hotel near by. The next morning we were at the port by 11am and we were on the ship by 1145. (Luggage had to be taken out of bus, etc). You can't enter your room until 1:30 but you are able to drink, food, etc

If I may ask How did you guys get to Miami port?

Dont know who they used but every time I fly into fll and go to MIA I use SAS (steve is the owner, VERY nice) and QLS.... Hope that helps some. no more then 13/15 pp (but it depends on how many people will be sharing the Shuttle with you to..

We purchased the cruise transportipm from carnival. We flew into FLL the day before and the next morning we took the hotel transport back to the airport. The airport was 5min from our hotel. Carnival reps are there waiting for you to board the bus to the Miami port. It's $60pp round trip. You can use other people as well, pretty sure it's cheaper. FLL airport is about 20min from the cruise.

When we got on Splendor we headed for bar and got Cheers program right away. We had a little wait, but we were just so excited about the program we didn't care. Love the program. Excited doing on the Breeze because of all the different bars she has.

How many Elegant nights were there on the 6 night cruise and which nights were they?

Yes - I'd like to know the answer to this too. We've only done 7 day cruises (with 2 formal nighs) - do we only get 1 on a 6 day? :confused:

...Thanks for taking the time to post your review!

...After our 1/13 cruise, we felt the same way! Everything on that ship was outstanding, with the exception of the three production shows. My understanding is that this style show is just a test. IMHO, it appears to be flunking miserably. Hopefully, Carnival will see the error of their ways and go back to the much enjoyed "regular" production shows with the live bands.

...But, imagine your excitement sailing the Breeze, and this was only your second cruise. We've sailed with Carnival over 20 times, and we also were blown away with the decor and layout of the ship and superior staff!

Archived