what does a room with 3rd&4th passenger mean

baby

how can there be upper berths when the bed is in the queen configuration

will they bother me

Isn't there a mirror in front of the beds - I've been onprincess before

can I change this room if it was given to me on a guarantee basis

carol

I am really concerned about this

I was on the carribbean princess last year with upper berths but the beds were in single form - and the beds were above me

how can the bed be above you when there is a mirror ahead of the bed

don't laugh at me

Baby, The third and fourth berths come out of the ceiling not the wall. They have a ladder and they can get in the way unless stowed away. It does take some agility to get in and out of these upper berths so it's a perfect place for the kids besides they love sleeping "up top".

In a mini suite there is the queen size bed or 2 twin beds, and the 3rd and 4th berths are a pull out sofa (twin) and a upper berth that lowers down fom the celing (twin) (you cant even tell its there when it is up, the room steward does this every morning and lowers it every evening)

Baby, Which ship? It would make your question easier to answer.

Most 3/4 berths lower from ceiling, but some do fold out from the wall. If you booked a guarantee, as long as the room is the category you booked or better, you probably cannot change just because the room has 4 bunks. But you can always have your TA try. Most cabins cannot have both the queen configuration in the lowers and the upper bunks in use, or at least they are not supposed to. The minisuites are different layouts, as TyJ says.

What is your concern about the mirror? That it will be next to the upper bunks? That it won't? That you will or will not be able to see it? Not sure what location you mean by "ahead of the bed". Some rooms have the mirror and the desk area facing the foot of the bed, some along the side of the bed. Again, if you give us the ship you will get a more detailed answer.

Ty J

thank you so much for the information - you make me feel better - I just could not figure out how the beds would be.

spongebob - cute picture!!!!!!!!

I know I'm nuts to worry about this - I'm a little chlostropic (sp) that is one of the reasons I get a balcony room

I was on the coral last year and loved the ship so much - reason for 2nd cruise on her Also, there are not that many 10 day cruises to chose from

did the sun - nice 10 day itinerary but did not like the oldness of the ship

I just love Explorer's Lounge on the coral

Thanks again, everyone

Cheryl

I'm referring to the coral princess

I don't want to be laying in bed and look up and see the folded bed over my head. That is my concern. also, the ceilings in the rooms are not that high - I feel it will make the room feel smaller

thanks

carol

• 5 months later...
You cannot book a guarantee for either 3 or 4 pax. You have to have a Cabin assignment. If you booked a Guarantee, you will be assigned a 2-pax cabin.

I booked a guarantee on the Coral and was assigned a 4 person cabin. On the Coral Princess, the beds are recessed into the ceiling. Unless you know they are there, you wouldn't notice them if there are only 2 of you in the cabin. You can see the outline in the ceiling of them (if you look carefully).

On our two Princess cruises, both inside cabins, the third and fourth beds came out from the wall. The room steward pulls down the bed or beds while you're at dinner. If anyone in your cabin is into watching tv, the beds will block your view unless you're sitting up at the right place on the beds or sitting in a chair in just the right place.

bunkbed.jpg.cea699c2812e393544e6ea10f8495274.jpg

Archived