early saver dilema

pbsteve

So the fishy site shows a "past guest" rate for my cabin and cruise, but I cannot seem to verify on carnivals site. In fact no past guest rate shows.

Its the oceanview suite on freedom 9/29/13 fishy site shows 864 carnival doesnt show anything but early saver at 879. I submitted the form anyway, but can anyone out there also verify the past guest rate, as im sure theyll deny my claim.

Stupid question but are you sure you have the Show Rates for VIFP Members checked under Check for Special Rate Availability (this is for mock booking)? I noticed that some times when I check on my rate and I don't get a Past Guest Rate that somehow it got unchecked. Once I go in, recheck it and put in my VIFP number, the rate comes back.

Stupid question but are you sure you have the Show Rates for VIFP Members checked under Check for Special Rate Availability (this is for mock booking)? I noticed that some times when I check on my rate and I don't get a Past Guest Rate that somehow it got unchecked. Once I go in, recheck it and put in my VIFP number, the rate comes back.

Yeah, I was. What's really interesting, is when I go to carnival's website, for a brief moment, instead of the "Cruising 101" tile at the bottom, it has a "Past Guest Sale" tile in it. I grabbed a screenshot of the homepage before it switched over. Anyone else get it?

carnival32.jpg

Carnival Accepted the credit, even though I never found a lower rate on their site, or a past guest rate. Odd that the fishy site had the price, and Carnival accepted it, even though no one I asked was able to find the past guest rate on their site... I guess you never know unless you try. And it looks like the screenshot showed a day early on my computer for just that brief moment.

anoter I'll be checking daily now. I like the way you can see past prices in there a well, loooks like if we had booked it last April we would have saved $20, so maybe there is hope for price drops between now and when we go (for our aft balcony). But according to "The Fish" we are getting a great deal on the interior we have so it's all good!

Hey all,

I'm sorry... I am new to this, and trying to figure out Early Saver. So if I look at the Fishy site (since the Carnival site is confusing), and look at my current room (PT), that is the amount the room is currently going for? It that amount is ever lower, that means I should hop on the bus and ask for my new price? I'm just confused with Early Saver being like.. $20 than the price that didn't have a price protection... I'm not really old enough to be this confused over technology. :)

Hey all,

I'm sorry... I am new to this, and trying to figure out Early Saver. So if I look at the Fishy site (since the Carnival site is confusing), and look at my current room (PT), that is the amount the room is currently going for? It that amount is ever lower, that means I should hop on the bus and ask for my new price? I'm just confused with Early Saver being like.. $20 than the price that didn't have a price protection... I'm not really old enough to be this confused over technology. :)

Thats correct.. I think. The fishy site has the current price, so if its lower than what you paid submit the form.

Fair warning though, sometimes the fishy site isnt the absolute current price when sales change

I booked ES in January. I have submitted OBC form and received the credit. I have read about people being changed from ES to Past guest or whatever was the lower rate. My question is where can I find out if I'm still ES? or if they switched me to something else.

Archived