Celebrity Silhouette

btfdcruisers

Thanks for your positive post. Going on the Silhouette in 2 weeks. Never done a Celebrity cruise before so we're really looking forward to it.

We just cruised on Silhouette in Jan. (our first Celebrity cruise) and absolutely loved everything about that ship. You will have a very special cruise. She's a beautiful ship with superior food and service. The only exception in service was the internet center. We enjoyed eating in Blu (we were AQ), Tuscan Grill, Bistro on 5, MDR and the buffet. Entertainment exceeded our expectations. Have a great time!

We'll be on board next Sunday...can't wait!

Loved it last yr to the Eastern & now signed up for a Western (7 days)

btfdcruisers:

How was the weather & seas?

Did you enjoy the ports?

How were the musical groups & shows on board?

Did you use the spa services?

We just cruised on Silhouette in Jan. (our first Celebrity cruise) and absolutely loved everything about that ship. You will have a very special cruise. She's a beautiful ship with superior food and service. The only exception in service was the internet center. We enjoyed eating in Blu (we were AQ), Tuscan Grill, Bistro on 5, MDR and the buffet. Entertainment exceeded our expectations. Have a great time!

I agree with you whole-heartedly! The Silhouette was perfect, EXCEPT for the Internet Center, & it was probably the worst of any ship I have ever been on. The 1st day, there was ONE guy working it and a passenger's-created waiting list had over 25 people waiting for help. How smart is that? In fact I only saw 2 crew members in there once during the entire 15 night cruise. Passengers were extremely frustrated, with both the lack of help & the horrible slowness (when working) of the system. Otherwise a great ship!

Cruised Feb 3/13 and just wanted to say it was fabulous - clean ship, great tasting food, Qsine was awesome, solarium was perfect, rooms a bit tight, but doors on the showers made up for it.. Negative people - go away.

I totally agree! Just got off of her on Sunday and it was our first on Celebrity. I can honestly say we are hooked now! Such an upgrade from other ships and it just kills me what some people complain about. Will be writing a review shortly but there was really nothing we didn't like. 5 star rating for sure!

We were on the February 17th sailing doing the eastern Caribbean.

It was a fabulous cruise, everything was perfect.....except a little rain...

I read on cruise critic that there were problems in the internet cafe but we had no problems and anytime we were in there we always found someone who was extremely helpful....I guess we were there at the right time.

I too am hooked on Celebrity.....

Is there a Oceanview Bar outside at the aft of the ship like on the Equinox?

I have not been on Silhouette yet....(going next month:)) but I can

tell you there is an AFT bar on all the ships:D

I totally agree! Just got off of her on Sunday and it was our first on Celebrity. I can honestly say we are hooked now! Such an upgrade from other ships and it just kills me what some people complain about. Will be writing a review shortly but there was really nothing we didn't like. 5 star rating for sure!

Glad you had such a good time:D and looking forward to reading your

review:). I am sailing her next month.

Just off Silhouette. Very good MDR food. Great ship. Great young peppy captain who is all over the ship at many events. Good shows with very good Celebrity dancers (best I can remember in a long time). Runaways party band one of the best as well. Enjoyed even more than Eclipse last year. This could be a top tier Celebrity ship. Nothing bad to say as much as I had my doubts going in. Those with upcoming cruises should be looking forward to a really enjoyable cruise.

You have a couple of options. There is a full bar inside the Oceanview buffet where you can get drinks and walk about a minute and you will be outside on a huge deck with tables or our Fav was the Sunset bar which is right above the

Oceanview deck. They had a great seating area with real comfortable seats and tables and live music often. Everyone would grab sushi and wine and cheese and just chill out watching the wake and the sunset. It was amazing! Really miss that area. :(

Just off Silhouette. Very good MDR food. Great ship. Great young peppy captain who is all over the ship at many events. Good shows with very good Celebrity dancers (best I can remember in a long time). Runaways party band one of the best as well. Enjoyed even more than Eclipse last year. This could be a top tier Celebrity ship. Nothing bad to say as much as I had my doubts going in. Those with upcoming cruises should be looking forward to a really enjoyable cruise.

This is good news about the captain. Do you by any chance remember his name? I have been hoping just once to have a cruise with a visible active captain! We will be on the TA leaving in FORTY DAYS!!!! I sure hope he's still on board.

This is good news about the captain. Do you by any chance remember his name? I have been hoping just once to have a cruise with a visible active captain! We will be on the TA leaving in FORTY DAYS!!!! I sure hope he's still on board.

Emmanouille Alvaropolous. Think that's how you spell it. He was great. 40 yrs old. Been with celebrity for 21 years. Young captain but all business! He told me they do 3 month contracts so not sure if he'll still be there for you.

Emmanouille Alvaropolous. Think that's how you spell it. He was great. 40 yrs old. Been with celebrity for 21 years. Young captain but all business! He told me they do 3 month contracts so not sure if he'll still be there for you.

Thanks--I'm making a note of that!!

Such a great post! I , too, had been reading some posts that had me nervous about the level of service/food on Celebrity. Been a few years since I've sailed Celebrity, but this will be my 7th cruise with them and I am now very excited again after your post.

Celebrity has always been a notch up for me compared to others I've sailed. (this will be my 22nd cruise in total) Really looking forward to The Silhouette Apr. 7.

I have not been on Silhouette yet....(going next month:)) but I can

tell you there is an AFT bar on all the ships:D

The Sunset Bar is in a slightly different location. It's on Deck #15, one deck above the buffet, behind the Lawn Club. Great location and worth the search for it.

The Sunset Bar is in a slightly different location. It's on Deck #15, one deck above the buffet, behind the Lawn Club. Great location and worth the search for it.

On the Equinox, there is a bar outside at the outside sitting area of the Oceanview cafe and the one at the sunset bar

I am surprise that there is no outside bar for the Oceanview cafe

On the Equinox, there is a bar outside at the outside sitting area of the Oceanview cafe and the one at the sunset bar

I am surprise that there is no outside bar for the Oceanview cafe

I was on Reflection and they changed the AFT area but there is a bar

outside. I don't know if Silhouette is the same set up.

Reflection's AFT bar is different than Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse.....

Archived