Planes flying over the beach

Please can someone advise where to get the bus back to the ship from and how often the buses run.

I would love to see the plans land and takeoff and then get the bus back to the ship about 3pm.

Thanks

Adam

You get the bus back to the ship the same place it drops you. This is at a traffic circle very close to Maho beach, and easy walking distance. Just ask the bus driver when you get off where to stand to get picked up.

Please can someone advise where to get the bus back to the ship from and how often the buses run.

I would love to see the plans land and takeoff and then get the bus back to the ship about 3pm.

Thanks

Adam

Hey Adam. We are on your sailing..... I also want to do the same thing. We have been before on Bernard's tour. But this time we want to spend more time there.

Maybe we could share a taxi or get the bus.

I'm going in April and I'm not keen on beaches so just want to go there and back. I am traveling on my own so a bit worried on getting there and cost . :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has the beach come back? It has been about 2 years since I ws last there, but the only thing at Maho last time was rocks. Basically you could sit at the bar and watch the planes, but there was no beach. It has been washed away by one of the hurricanes.

So, has the beach come back? If so, I need to go back there next time I am in St Maarten.

I am not a tour fan. We just went out front and got a cab to SUNSET BAR AND GRILL on Maho Beach. We spent the whole day there and had a great time. Bigger planes seem to come more in the afternoon. They have a surf board stuck in the sand with all the flights for the day on it. THere are beach chairs and everything right in front of the bar if you want to swim and do the beach thing.

Has the beach come back? It has been about 2 years since I ws last there, but the only thing at Maho last time was rocks. Basically you could sit at the bar and watch the planes, but there was no beach. It has been washed away by one of the hurricanes.

So, has the beach come back? If so, I need to go back there next time I am in St Maarten.

The beach was there last April!

Rented a car and drove around the island last time. The car rentals are right at the port - no reservation necessary.

If you decide to drive yourself, It's an easy island to drive around, but check the St. Maarten boards for any constructions so you know how to plan your route.

Lydia

First time I went to St Maarten we went with Bernard and had a fabulous time. As said previously he can tailor what you do and where you go and for how long you want at each stop. Last time we picked up a cab at the port...... you can't miss the signs.... and spent a few hours on the beach... they have umbrellas now.... we arranged with the taxi to pick us up at a set time and that worked perfectly for us.

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Hi,

Did the Allure in Jan. See my review "Allure 1-6-13 with pics" We took a cab from the port $8/pp and had lunch and drinks at Sunset Bar at the beach. Had a great time and stayed about 3 hours to see the planes.

Here are some of my shots..

DSC_0266_zps90e3c464.jpg

DSC_0346_zps14515015.jpg

DSC_0343_zpsfaa4ab48.jpg

DSC_0292_zps0ab6b027.jpg

DSC_0359_zpsad6f9969.jpg

DSC_0369_zpsed862361.jpg

We loved maho beach Got bus for $2 each way. Very friendly locals chatted to us. Easy to catch bus back Spent a few hours there with bucket of beer and ribs for lunch. Going again in April but doing tour so see some more of island. Going with Noel's tours similar to Bernard's with similar itinary and free bevvies.:D

image.jpg.c62498074d9b6d550614efedee80e4f8.jpg

Sorry cant work out how to put larger photos on:o

for bigger pics you need to use a service like Photobucket which is free and store pics on the site, then copy and paste from photobucket to the forum on Cruise Critic

Hi,

Did the Allure in Jan. See my review "Allure 1-6-13 with pics" We took a cab from the port $8/pp and had lunch and drinks at Sunset Bar at the beach. Had a great time and stayed about 3 hours to see the planes.

Here are some of my shots..

DSC_0359_zpsad6f9969.jpg

You got the A340 non-stop from Paris. Nice! We didn't have time to wait for this the last time.

The winds from the big jets are insane! Be ready to be covered in sand and not able to stand up if you are in the middle of the beach. Secure all of your belongings really well or they will wind up in the water. Fun place to go. Sunset Bar had pretty good pizza. We also did Bernard's Tour and loved it.

We're on FOS next Sunday as well and taking Bernard's Tour in St. Maarten. Join the roll call for the Mar 10 sailing and sign up for the activities that have been planned. See you onboad!

Hey Judy - maybe we will be on the same tour! :) I know they have several vans/buses. I am really looking forward to Bernard's tour. I picked the one with less beach time, and an hour in Marigot.

And yes - join our roll call!

Archived