Transfer time in sydney

it is doable as long as all the ducks line up:D

We have made an 10.30 am International from a cruise , but everything went along on oiled wheels. The ship arrived on time, we were amongst the first off, a taxi was waiting, no traffic hold ups.

They do recommend an afternoon flight and that is certainly more comfortable.

In our case we only had a 3 hr flight to NZ and if we missed the early one there were several more in the afternoon, space permitting .

In looking more carefully, I see our flight would be 11:55 am....a whole 25 extra minutes if that will affect anyones suggestions. Thanks.

for an overseas flight you need to be at the airport by 8.30am so as long as everything runs smooth you should be ok but you could always stay an extra day so you dont get stressed out

I believe that anybody can self disembark.

As long as everything is on time you should be fine, but a big HOWEVER...

We were on a cruise that hit bad weather and were 4 hours late arriving into Sydney, we made our 1pm bus home (which was only from central station in the city, not out at the airport) by the skin of our teeth. They were waiting for us after us ringing. We also had to beg to be let in the front of the taxi queue as well. I should say however that we weren't the first off the ship, in fact one of the last because the cruiseline wouldn't change our disembarkation time for us.

For an international flight, I wouldn't do that - too much risk. Unless you're comfortable with dealing with the situation if the ship is late, traffic problems or anything else.

Just got off Aurora a week back, and it was a few hours late due to mechanical issues. Was very happy I'd booked an early afternoon flight (which of course wound up late as well!) as it meant I had no issue making it. I wouldn't have made the flight you are thinking of.

Radiance of the Seas is a very good sea boat and the likelihood of her arriving in Sydney late is slim but still a possibility. You can self debark at 7am but you have to carry everything yourself - no help from the crew.

You will need to deal with customs & quaratine before getting a taxi. To ensure a smooth transition ensure you don't take any foods/fruits etc off the ship and declare anything you are unsure of.

Friday is the worst traffic day in Sydney so be prepared for a 45 minute taxi ride at about $80 as you are travelling during the morning rush.

You need to be at the airport 2.5 to 3 hours before your flight. Theoretically you should be at the airport by 9 am with about 30 minutes to spare.

Why put up with all that stress - stay overnight and enjoy your day in Sydney.

Archived