With the Quantum calling in Sam Juan

With her calling in San Juan every other Tuesday, Quantum could be leaving from Forida on Sundays. Royal Caribbean stresses that they are pushing the envelope in terms of this ship, so what about itinerary. She could be alternating the Caribbean and Bermuda from Royal Caribbean headquarters' back yard.

With her calling in San Juan every other Tuesday, Quantum could be leaving from Forida on Sundays. Royal Caribbean stresses that they are pushing the envelope in terms of this ship, so what about itinerary. She could be alternating the Caribbean and Bermuda from Royal Caribbean headquarters' back yard.

Sounds good to me ;)

Oasis, Allure and Freedom all go out of Florida year round.

RC needs a ship in NJ/NY to compete with the NCL Breakaway.

Perhaps, but Breakaway will be there more than a year competing against Explorer. And just before Quantum is rumored to arrive, NCL is already advertising lower fares on Breakaway. Maybe NCL is trying to compete against Quantum rumors, but RCI will have a fair amount of data before they will have to make a decision as to where Quantum will home port.

We usually cruise from Baltimore of Florida--0so, I do not have a stake in this. However, we cruise on the Explorer out of NJ last fall.

One thing that struck me was the free spending [reading drink buying] of the pax on the ship. From the time they set foot on the ship, the drinks were flowing. One pax told me that drinks were actually less onboard than in the restuarants in NYC. So, if RC wants to maximize profits it seems the NYC area is the place to go.

The San Juan port calls would be on the eastern Caribbean itinerary. Explorer does those now.

Bermuda is working on a new pier for the Breakaway. Quantam could use that for Bermuda itineraries.

Reality Check:

It will be $$$ driven, not our geographical preference.

Oasis and Allure, with their premium pricing, sail full. Would you expect less from any other new build?

Very true. Explorer also sails full and (from what I've seen) often seems to command higher prices. I'm presuming that is because of the huge market the NY/NJ area represents (not to mention international guests.) I'd expect that as airfare also increases, NJ/NY pax will continue to pay that premier for local departure to avoid the airfare cost & TSA heavy petting.

Very true. Explorer also sails full and (from what I've seen) often seems to command higher prices. I'm presuming that is because of the huge market the NY/NJ area represents (not to mention international guests.) I'd expect that as airfare also increases, NJ/NY pax will continue to pay that premier for local departure to avoid the airfare cost & TSA heavy petting.

Florida is and has been their highest grossing ports. Facts are facts. More people cruise out of Florida then any other state. Fact. I understand why so many people who live there want the new ship in NJ but Rccl doesn't think that way. They will put the ship where they will make the most money. It's easy sailing out of Florida then it is NJ especially during the winter months. Just because the ship can handle all weather doesn't mean they will always dock it where it's snowing. Why put your newest money maker in a port that risk being shut down by blizzards? During the same time you can sail out of Florida with zero risk of being snowed in. Money controls all choices by a business. This will be no different. Quantum will sail out of Florida. NJ will get some other ship.

Florida is and has been their highest grossing ports. Facts are facts. More people cruise out of Florida then any other state. Fact. I understand why so many people who live there want the new ship in NJ but Rccl doesn't think that way. They will put the ship where they will make the most money. It's easy sailing out of Florida then it is NJ especially during the winter months. Just because the ship can handle all weather doesn't mean they will always dock it where it's snowing. Why put your newest money maker in a port that risk being shut down by blizzards? During the same time you can sail out of Florida with zero risk of being snowed in. Money controls all choices by a business. This will be no different. Quantum will sail out of Florida. NJ will get some other ship.

And how many times has the port of NY been shut down by the US Coast Guard within the past 5 yrs for severe weather ????

Perhaps, but Breakaway will be there more than a year competing against Explorer.

I haven't really researched the Breakaway yet but there is no way the Explorer can compete against any new build by any line IMO. She's tired and in need of maintenance that isn't being performed. Little things like chipped paint and stains on the carpets, toilets and sinks all add up. She just feels all around shabby and unimpressive. We enjoyed our vacation but would not sail on the Explorer again when there are so many newer/ better maintained ships out there.

I haven't really researched the Breakaway yet but there is no way the Explorer can compete against any new build by any line IMO. She's tired and in need of maintenance that isn't being performed. Little things like chipped paint and stains on the carpets, toilets and sinks all add up. She just feels all around shabby and unimpressive. We enjoyed our vacation but would not sail on the Explorer again when there are so many newer/ better maintained ships out there.

The old lady is showing her age :(

. Quantum will sail out of Florida. NJ will get some other ship.

I think its wishful thinking to think that Quantum will sail out of any other port than FL.

This is nothing more than MY opinion and speculation but Im thinking Quantum goes to Ft Lauderdale and one of the Oasis sisters moves to Pt Canaveral to take over the 7 night Eastern/Western Caribbean routes that Freedom is doing.

Freedom to Bayonne maybe?

Again, this is only my speculation and i have no idea if its even possible.

Like it or not, all evidence points to Quantum going out of New Jersey. Personally, being in Orlando, I'm not too happy about it because it will be far away. But it looks like next month they will be announcing her home port as Bayonne, NJ.

This is the competition

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VyezVnA_-IA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVyezVnA_-IA

And how many times has the port of NY been shut down by the US Coast Guard within the past 5 yrs for severe weather ????

It's not about the port. How many times have the local airports been shut down by storms? How many times have road ways been shut down because of ice, storms. If your customers can't get to the ship it's doesn't matter if the port if open or not. Florida doesn't have that issue. Our airports get shut down for 5 mins because of rain then its beautiful. Delays are rare due to weather and if there are delays again its usually cleared up within an hour. Not days.

It's not about the port. How many times have the local airports been shut down by storms? How many times have road ways been shut down because of ice, storms. If your customers can't get to the ship it's doesn't matter if the port if open or not. Florida doesn't have that issue. Our airports get shut down for 5 mins because of rain then its beautiful. Delays are rare due to weather and if there are delays again its usually cleared up within an hour. Not days.

The roadways have been shut down 1 in 5 yrs. That was in December 2010.

Next Question ???

Yes, thank you! I have seen a few videos but nowhere near the level of research I normally do before booking. We had planned for Breakaway to be one of our possibilities for our next sailing but we just got back yesterday so I haven't started really looking yet.

The roadways have been shut down 1 in 5 yrs. That was in December 2010.

Next Question ???

I like how you avoid the airport questions. Considering they've been shut down how much recently? Lol. Come on last month alone NJ was shut down plenty. I remember seeing on RCCL sites the warnings about the blizzards.

I like how you avoid the airport questions. Considering they've been shut down how much recently? Lol. Come on last month alone NJ was shut down plenty. I remember seeing on RCCL sites the warnings about the blizzards.

The blizzard was in 2010. Airport delays can happen anywhere you have inclement weather including Florida. If I'm not mistaking the port of Tampa was down due to Fog last week ??

"Due to WEATHER / WIND, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 55 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination"."

Ya NJ never gets weather problems. Lmao.

Archived