Michelle’s Journey to Paradise – 2/28/13

Vigorosity

Absolutely loving this review! If you aren't a writer by trade, you should consider it.

I'm guessing Jason is from South America. Maybe Venezuela or Argentina?

Waiting for more of your wonderful review.....

I'm going with Egypt now, one of the hottest guys I ever met was Egyptian, and Jason reminds me of him, except Ahmad had dreds.

love that you added to the review after ladies night, and I am still cracking up over the B&M's. I have no idea why that strikes me as so funny.

One of my friends was sick, so we just went out for pizza! :( Well, I guess I can't complain, it was my favorite pizza! Nope, not Egypt.

Absolutely loving this review! If you aren't a writer by trade, you should consider it.

I'm guessing Jason is from South America. Maybe Venezuela or Argentina?

Waiting for more of your wonderful review.....

Thank you, that's really sweet. :) And he's from none of those...man, I really understand why he thinks it's so funny for people to guess. :p

The Third Night:

Since Mexico doesn’t let you off of the hook gently, we were forced to take a nap. Thankfully, we woke up in time for this beautiful sight.

IMG_0384.jpg

At dinner, I ended up with a slightly-overcooked steak, shrimp cocktail and apple pie. I wasn’t really that hungry after just waking up, but the apple pie was spiced wonderfully! I also maybe ate a large part of Jason’s tiramisu. In the Normandie Longue, we found ourselves at a thriller dance class immediately followed by the game show 60 Seconds or Less, where you gotta do things like stick a coin in your butt and waddle it over to a cup and stick a string with a spoon down the end up it up your shirt and down your neighbors pants. I love how Carnival does a lot of audience participation shows, a ton of people on these boats are such hams. (I can’t wait to book a best-friends-cruise so I can be right up there with them!)

Okay…in case you were dying of anticipation, I’ll fill you in on something…I never actually end up going out to the nightclub, late night deck parties, or on a midnight ice cream run. I frequently work until midnight and have to sleep in while I’m at home, but I love the morning time. Absolutely nothing beats having the house/boat/wherever you are all to yourself. The number of people awake at 6am is surprisingly very, very low. So after getting into the luke-warm tub (the actual hot tub was packed like sardines!), I whispered a sleepy “goodnight” to my bunny and went off to have wonderful dreams about the boat sinking.

IMG_0390.jpg

I knew it! He's a good ol' Southern Boy, my favorite kind!

Instead of letting everyone mistake him for a cowboy-hat-and-jacked-up-truck kind of guy, I'll give in! :p

He's a few months shy of 30 and from Indonesia!

The Third Day:

Oh gosh, where did I leave off? Oh yeah…saying farewell to my new favorite place on Earth! We actually wandered over to the beach that was owned by the rentals to the left of Coconuts. I –finally- got to swim-swim. No just moseying around and dipping a couple toes in here! The water was about as warm as my blood after that spicy salsa. It felt phenomenal. Funny enough, I’m actually allergic to sand mites from ocean beaches (and paying the price now!) but it was worth every single second.

I had enough sense to drag myself out of the water eventually so we could get on our merry way and experience even more. (That damn opportunist coming out again!) We climbed up into our Jeep, lit up a Black and Mild, realized that we were the luckiest people in the world at that one moment, and immediately stopped dead in our tracks. A sign read “Free Margaritas.”

….they really know how to get a girl. It was the tequila factory/ranch/plant/whatever. I had briefly read about it and thought I would have no interest at all. We walked up to the little building and an overly excited man told us it would be $10 each including a “free” margarita. A bit leery, we did it anyway. They ushered us into a completely empty open-air restaurant and let us enjoy our drinks….

IMG_0369.jpg

Well, this tour ended up being more than worth it. The man, whose name I won’t remember for the life of me, should be a comedian. He told us about the differences in good tequila (for yourself), decent tequila (for your friends), and mescal with a worm (for your mother-in-law.) He also gave us samples of each tequila, which ended up being probably seven or eight of them. He also overused the word “hoochie coochie.” Jason purchased a 350ml bottle that tasted similar and better than Baileys Irish Crème for $17 and we were on our happy way.

Apparently I was having too good of a time because there aren’t any other pictures of Cozumel! We drove through downtown, which was fascinating in itself to see the names of restaurants in Spanish and see punk-kids skateboarding along the street. After a bit of confusion on where to return the Jeep, we figured it out and wandered through the port area. I bought a couple bottles of liquor, a keychain, and a Nacho-Libre-esque mask for my best friend then headed down the pier. We were excited to see the Carnival Victory and Celebrity Constellation pulled right up next to our house!

IMG_0375.jpg

Immediately upon returning to the cabin, I did what most anyone would do…

IMG_0378.jpg

…take creepy pictures in my friend’s mask...

IMG_0379.jpg

….then order room service chocolate cake. Looking back on it, I guess my biggest regret of this whole cruise is that I didn’t actually answer the door wearing that weird wrestling mask.

This ENTIRE post has me cracking up!!!! "Hoochie Coochie", the mask and not wearing the mask to answer the door for your room service chocolate cake......ROTFLMAO!!!! Girl, you are too funny!!!!!

We have a winner!

(Not really! But close enough. :rolleyes:)

OK if he's not from Alabama, is he from Alaska? We can go down the list in alphabetical order, of all the US states, LOL? I got it! I'll bet he's from Canada!

I just posted on FB that my DH is looking to book another cruise! I am so not ready to do that. I haven't even finished unpacking yet. I need to rest a bit...cruising is so dang tiresome. Then shopping in the ports is hard too. I believe Cozumel has changed since I first went there in the late 90s. Merchants are not as willing to haggle as they used to be and their prices are inflated. I had a much better time working with women this trip than with men. :eek:

This ENTIRE post has me cracking up!!!! "Hoochie Coochie", the mask and not wearing the mask to answer the door for your room service chocolate cake......ROTFLMAO!!!! Girl, you are too funny!!!!!

Thanks! I feel like that mask is funny in almost any situation. :D

OK if he's not from Alabama, is he from Alaska? We can go down the list in alphabetical order, of all the US states, LOL? I got it! I'll bet he's from Canada!

I just posted on FB that my DH is looking to book another cruise! I am so not ready to do that. I haven't even finished unpacking yet. I need to rest a bit...cruising is so dang tiresome. Then shopping in the ports is hard too. I believe Cozumel has changed since I first went there in the late 90s. Merchants are not as willing to haggle as they used to be and their prices are inflated. I had a much better time working with women this trip than with men. :eek:

I actually already spoiled where he was from earlier!

And we are totally different. I love the hunt of planning a vacation. :)

I actually already spoiled where he was from earlier!

And we are totally different. I love the hunt of planning a vacation. :)

Well that fits a lot of married couples, such as us.He plans and I just pack and go. So any plans for a wedding?

Well that fits a lot of married couples, such as us.He plans and I just pack and go. So any plans for a wedding?

What a fun review, you're the type of person I love meeting on a cruise. Thanks for sharing~

Thanks! You can always take me on one! :p

Fun review. Ah! Coconuts, thought I was going to fall down those steps! Had only one drink and it was so strong. We also went to the Tequila Factory. What a great time we had there, too. Cannot wait for the rest of your review. You are funny and make a review like reading a good book. Thanks for sharing. ;)

Nooooooooooooo. I'm not falling for that trap! ;)

When it's the right person, it's not a trap. I wish I met my wife 30 years ago, instead if 18 years ago. But then again, maybe "life" at that point wouldn't of made us the perfect match we are today.:D

Not directed at you, but when people make comments like that - their either not ready or haven't realized that the person their with is not the right one. Marriage should be an opportunity to make sure that you don't lose that person again to the dating world and can grow together as a couple, not as a prison sentence.

When it's "right", you know it and welcome having that person with you by your side as you navigate life together.

**Climbs down off soap box**

When it's the right person, it's not a trap. I wish I met my wife 30 years ago, instead if 18 years ago. But then again, maybe "life" at that point wouldn't of made us the perfect match we are today.:D

Not directed at you, but when people make comments like that - their either not ready or haven't realized that the person their with is not the right one. Marriage should be an opportunity to make sure that you don't lose that person again to the dating world and can grow together as a couple, not as a prison sentence.

When it's "right", you know it and welcome having that person with you by your side as you navigate life together.

Off topic, but I am with Vig on this one. Marrriage doesn't make a difference, if you are with the righ person. A ring doesn;t keep someone nor does it make them monogamous.

**Jumping off the SFLSB (Single For Life Soap Box in my state of divorced bliss**

It was more of a joke. But in all seriousness, I don't personally know a lot of people that haven't gone through at least one divorce. Also, I'm really young and my goals aren't focused on intertwining my life with another persons. I'm still in school, traveling like crazy, and don't have enough time or resources to start a family. I think marriage can be a wonderful, beautiful thing. It's just not for me at this moment in my life. You're lucky, though. :)

I'm really young and my goals aren't focused on intertwining my life with another persons. I'm still in school, traveling like crazy, and don't have enough time or resources to start a family. I think marriage can be a wonderful, beautiful thing. It's just not for me at this moment in my life. You're lucky, though. :)

Sounds to me like you are a VERY intelligent young lady, who knows exactly what she wants in life, and exactly how to get there. I applaud you! BRAVO!

"SKY"

It was more of a joke. But in all seriousness, I don't personally know a lot of people that haven't gone through at least one divorce. Also, I'm really young and my goals aren't focused on intertwining my life with another persons. I'm still in school, traveling like crazy, and don't have enough time or resources to start a family. I think marriage can be a wonderful, beautiful thing. It's just not for me at this moment in my life. You're lucky, though. :)

You are very smart and I'm loving this review... now can we get back to it, since I AM getting married and on this ship!! LOL(sorry couldn't help myself).

You have me so excited for our cruise!! :D

Archived