11:30 Flight - Ft Lauderdal

wingnt68

On our recent cruise on the Breeze from Miami, we had zone 5 tags, left the ship @ 8:15AM, got our bags, cleared customs, met our SAS transportation van,

and were checking in with Southwest at FLL 2 hours before our 11:30AM flight. They actually started calling self debarks at 7:00AM.

On our recent cruise on the Breeze from Miami, we had zone 5 tags, left the ship @ 8:15AM, got our bags, cleared customs, met our SAS transportation van,

and were checking in with Southwest at FLL 2 hours before our 11:30AM flight. They actually started calling self debarks at 7:00AM.

how did you like sas???

sas really packs people in the vans

e got stuck in traffic on the way to the ship what should have taken maybe 45 minutes wound up to almost 2 hours.

as much as i like to save miney-next time i will take a cab.

our last few cruises out of fll we always booked the 11:30 flights.

using self assist.

We had an 11:05 flight out of FLL after our Liberty cruise out of Miami. We are Platinum and we self disembarked... we were at the airport by 9:00!!!

We had bad luck with SAS. They were a NO SHOW once a few years back. A good option is to rent a private car or split with another couple or family. It is a little more, but totaly worth it.

Catrin

You should be fine. As long as your ship isn't late getting in to port. In 2011 the Airline changed our 12:30 flight to 11:30. That was no real problem until on our last night there was a sick passenger who had to be evacuated, and the closest port was Grand Caymen. That put us almost 3 hours behind schedule. So we did self assist and got off really quick and made it to the airport just 30 min. before our flight. We checked in and found out our flight had been delayed by mechanical problems. We finally left FLL at about 3pm. So we missed our connection in Atlanta by 5min. We then waited in Atlanta for 7 hrs. for the next flight home.

So yes you should be fine:eek:.

Gary & Rox

We did self assist once in FLL and were sitting on a bench at the airport at 8:00am:p. Our check in counter wasn't even open yet for our 1:20pm international flight. I would say as long as you're comfortable dealing with the slight possibility of your ship arriving back at port later than scheduled, then go for it.

sas really packs people in the vans

e got stuck in traffic on the way to the ship what should have taken maybe 45 minutes wound up to almost 2 hours.

as much as i like to save miney-next time i will take a cab.

our last few cruises out of fll we always booked the 11:30 flights.

using self assist.

If you would have taken a cab is there some how the cab wouldn't have been stuck in traffic?:confused:

What do you mean they pack them in? I have used them 3 times and while every seat was taken it was still a comfortable ride.

It's not like people were sitting on other peoples laps.

Bill

If you would have taken a cab is there some how the cab wouldn't have been stuck in traffic?:confused:

What do you mean they pack them in? I have used them 3 times and while every seat was taken it was still a comfortable ride.

It's not like people were sitting on other peoples laps.

Bill

But at least I would have been comfortable. We were in a van with a bunch of "fluffy" people. Putting three people on that seat behind the driver was too much. 4 people in the two seats behind us had it even worse.

Probably, but not definetly.I am platinum, self debark. Due to customs lines which took over an hour in September, we almost missed our flight in Miami. We needed to be checked in by 11:30. Luckily for us, our flight was delayed. You never know what could come up. It takes 45 minutes to get to the airport from Miami to FLL. We have been there as early as 9:30 also. But, after seeing how close we were to missing our flight, I would not chance 11:30.

customs delays, weather delays, transportion delays, traffic delays....

personally, I would not book a flight out of FLL when cruising from Miami, any earlier than 12:30.

with a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale we dont do self assist.

we ask for early off tags which will get us off with the first wave of people

we go have breakfast in the dining room and wait for that number.

Can we make an 11:30 flight. If we self disembark?

yes it's possible but always have a plan B. Meaning what will you be doing if you missed the flight . Possible look in advance into hotel option for ovenight and had a phone # handy. I personally fly back home day after the cruise to avoid any surprises and headache with two small kids. Especially after our last cruise on Legend when we boarded the ship at 11 pm ( delayed due to fog) but all the people who were leaving the ship missed any chance of the same day flight and had to stay overnight in Tampa.

Can we make an 11:30 flight. If we self disembark?

We had an 11:30 AM flight from FLL to Detroit this past January. Since we are Platinum, we had zone 1 tags. CCL also had given us zone 2 tags because we had an early flight and it was listed in our records.

We were off the ship early (don't remember the time) and then ran into problems at customs. Their computers were down so there was a huge, huge, huge backup. Porters were in line behind us.

Even with this long delay (took us 1-1/2 hrs.) we still were at FLL way before our flight time of 11:30. This was even after waiting a 1/2 hr. for the van we had scheduled to take us to FLL. Next time we'll just take a taxi.

So even with problems we still made it about 2 hours before our flight.

Archived