Just booked and SO excited!!!

isabelle315

I am so very excited - my fiance and I have just booked our first Oceania cruise!!! We'll be sailing on the Riviera in March of 2014 for our honeymoon - a wonderful 14-day voyage in the southern Caribbean. I've done mainstream cruises (and we're actually heading out on the Disney Wonder next week with my 4-year-old daughter), but our tastes and travel preferences lead me to believe that we will enjoy Oceania immensely. We are in our early 30s, so we know we'll be on the young side, but I tend to think we'll fit right in, since we'd rather sip wine in the evening than head out partying :)

I've spent lots of time browsing the boards, but I do have a couple of questions for you all:

1. We are in a B4 category verandah, without the extended balcony. How small is the regular balcony?? Will we be able to enjoy that space or will it just feel cramped? Can a lounger fit out there, or just chairs?

2. We are very into food, and so plan on taking complete advantage of the specialty restaurants and La Reserve. Given that it's a 14-night cruise, but we only get one reservation in each of the 4 specialties...how likely is it that we'll be able to dine more than once in each restaurant?

3. HOW will I pass the time between now and next March??? ;) We do have a wedding to plan, and that'll help pass the time, but - I'm just so excited for this cruise, now! Ha ha.

Julie

Julie,

It can be very difficult to bide the time until your cruise date arrives. Our two upcoming cruises were booked 18 months ahead of time and that is REALLY difficult! But at least we're down to 9 months out for the first one.

Can't speak to the B4 veranda, but the odds are very good that you can get additional dinner reservations. Check when you are on board. That limit is not absolute. Sometimes the restaurants are so popular with the passengers that the limit holds, but not everyone (speaking for ourselves) is always interested in dining in the specialty restaurants. We are more interested in them on the "O" ships as opposes to the "R" ships, but we also like the GDR.

So in a word: it depends!

Have a lovely honeymoon. I am sure you will!

Mura

I am so very excited - my fiance and I have just booked our first Oceania cruise!!! We'll be sailing on the Riviera in March of 2014 for our honeymoon - a wonderful 14-day voyage in the southern Caribbean. I've done mainstream cruises (and we're actually heading out on the Disney Wonder next week with my 4-year-old daughter), but our tastes and travel preferences lead me to believe that we will enjoy Oceania immensely. We are in our early 30s, so we know we'll be on the young side, but I tend to think we'll fit right in, since we'd rather sip wine in the evening than head out partying :)

I've spent lots of time browsing the boards, but I do have a couple of questions for you all:

1. We are in a B4 category verandah, without the extended balcony. How small is the regular balcony?? Will we be able to enjoy that space or will it just feel cramped? Can a lounger fit out there, or just chairs?

2. We are very into food, and so plan on taking complete advantage of the specialty restaurants and La Reserve. Given that it's a 14-night cruise, but we only get one reservation in each of the 4 specialties...how likely is it that we'll be able to dine more than once in each restaurant?

3. HOW will I pass the time between now and next March??? ;) We do have a wedding to plan, and that'll help pass the time, but - I'm just so excited for this cruise, now! Ha ha.

Julie

If you enjoy food, wine and relaxed cruise with interesting fellow pax then I am sure you will have a great honeymoon cruise on O

1. On O class (Marina & Riviera) the balconies are 40 sq ft. Enough space for a couple of (comfortable) chairs and a small table but certainly not enough space for a lounger

2. I hope you enjoy La Reserve a much as we have. The parings are excellent.

As Mura wrote the availability of extra bookings in the specialty restaurants varies with the cruise. On two we took the specialty restaurants were very much in demand and we could not get extras. On a third one last year our butler had trouble getting us additional seatings and only a couple offered at odd times and not the restaurants we wanted. On other sailings there have been frequent openings (sharing perhaps and not at 7:30 but available seatings none-the-less). We enjoy the GDR and its variety and certainly the Terrace Cafe (Tapas called in the evenings) dining al fresco after a long day ashore is excellent.

Julie

Congrats on your wedding!!

We just got off the Riveria on 2/22/13. We were in a B4 7036. The balcony is about the same size you would get on any main line ship. Lounge chairs will NOT fit out there. There are 2 regular chairs and a very small table, that I used as a foot stool. I was hoping to be able to put a lounge chair, but no go. You will still love it and have an awesome time. It was our first Oceania cruise and it was superb!! Enjoy!

I just got off the Riveria on Monday and my parents were in room 7115. It had a balcony with 2 chairs, small table and 2 chaise lounges. They paid B4 prices so I assumed that is what the room was. We were upgraded to a B2 and it was not as nice.

I just got off the Riveria on Monday and my parents were in room 7115. It had a balcony with 2 chairs, small table and 2 chaise lounges. They paid B4 prices so I assumed that is what the room was. We were upgraded to a B2 and it was not as nice.

7115 has an extended balcony. It is/was a B4 and selling as B3 for cruises later this year. While there are several with this extended balcony the majority have the standard balcony where loungers will not fit.

I have not stayed in one with the longer balcony but I enjoy sitting 'at the rail' to take in the sea and sky so might be one of those who do not prefer those.

Archived