Thoughts on Seville

Hi, I would love to see Seville. I've been searching for cruises stopping in Cadiz...but I'm starting to think Seville needs and deserves far more than a few port hours so now I'm thinking of finding a cruise that ends in either Lisbon or Barcelona and flying to Seville for 3 or 4 days post cruise. Any comments? Suggestions? Yes, no, port stop enough? Or land trip smarter? Thank you :)

This year Azamara has a few cruises--two in the next six weeks--that actually end or begin in Seville itself. However, I did see that Azamara has no such cruises where its ship actually goes to Seville in 2014.

This year Azamara has a few cruises--two in the next six weeks--that actually end or begin in Seville itself. However, I did see that Azamara has no such cruises where its ship actually goes to Seville in 2014.

I saw that. I'm a bit booked up for this year and was disappointed that they're not offering it next year.

I definitely think Seville needs more than a one day port stop - especially if you are docking in Cadiz. You will spend about 4 hours travelling to and from Seville.

It is a wonderful city but try and avoid the months of July and August as it can get too hot to make the most of sightseeing there.

For the first time, small cruise ships can go up the Quadalquivir River to Seville, which is the reason for the 2013 itineraries I noted, one of which begins in Seville during Semana Santa and two others end and begin during the April Fair. I am surprised that Azamara is not replicating in 2014 any of these itineraries. But I have to think that we will soon see some cruise lines offering an occasional itinerary featuring Seville.

We are on TA Mariner 11/10/13 - 14 day

Barcelona to Galveston with stop there.

And doing b2b Mariner 11/3/13 -7 day Italian Spanish

Itinerary intensive Rome to Barcelona.

TA does Cadiz Seville stop!

If you do land trip there don't miss Granada in order to do

Alhambra for sure!!!

We liked Malaga also!

We drove the Portugal coast from that area

To Lisbon. Lots of British enfluence!

We are on TA Mariner 11/10/13 - 14 day

Barcelona to Galveston with stop there.

And doing b2b Mariner 11/3/13 -7 day Italian Spanish

Itinerary intensive Rome to Barcelona.

TA does Cadiz Seville stop!

If you do land trip there don't miss Granada in order to do

Alhambra for sure!!!

We liked Malaga also!

We drove the Portugal coast from that area

To Lisbon. Lots of British enfluence!

Spent a few days in playa da Paz in algarve .

Seabourn have a trip in September 2014 that arrives in Seville, overnights there then departs at noon the following day so you would have a day and a half there. Hope this helps!

I LOVE that one and it might make the short list..just a titch more than I wanted to pay for a 10 day cruise though, but it is a great one.

• 1 month later...

I lived in Spain for many, many years, but the first time I went to Seville, for me it was everything I imagined Spain to be and it still is. I first went there in 1971 and have been more or less every year since then and love the place.

Therefore, I would say a week in Seville would only be a taster as to what the city has to offer.

Very good thread...Seville has been on my bucket list but the distance to travel from ports has also made me think doing it via a land tour is preferable...kind of like Italy...love cruise stops but our best trip was a villa rental in Tuscany!

Like others have said, the whole region is fabulous. I would not do Seville on 1 port day from Cadiz. It is pretty far and the time in Seville would be too short to do it justice. I would definitely go for the 3-4 days. And if you are in Sevilla and after 2 days you have had enough, you could always do a day trip to Cordoba or Jerez de la Frontera.

• 3 months later...

Archived