Cavetubing.bz

Bestie1984

I'm sure if you do a search on them here on CC you wil get many hits--as they are mentioned MANY times in the threads here on this forum!

We used them (but were NOT part of a cruise) and We loved our Guide Leo from this company! Excellent time!!

We did the cavetubing with .bz and I HIGHLY recommend them. They were wonderful, the experience was wonderful, the ride was a wealth of knowledge about their country, and the meal was fabulous.

Here is a detailed review of our experience there that day. At the bottom of the review is a link with additional pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30667696&postcount=44

I organized a trip with our roll call using cavetubing.bz. Their guides were great and the food was good too. Even our picky eater (DD) enjoyed the meal. They made sure we got back to the pier in time to shop and tender back to the ship.

Thank You. I guess I get nervous about port time and boat time. I don't understand what the difference is

Over there, they don't change their clocks back or up. They are always the same (unlike here in the US). So you might not be on the same time while in port as the ship time. Just always keep your watch set to ship time because that's when you know that you have to be back.

The people that run these cavetubing tours know everything there is to know about the ships. They know when you are arriving, they'll know when you are leaving. They make sure you get to your ship on time and usually way ahead of time in case you want to do some shopping or hang around the port for awhile. They have been doing this for many years. They want your business and they want you to come back here or other places online like tripadvisor and post good experiences with them. They do not want anything negative...that hurts their business. These ports are poor countries and they depend on our $$ and the cruise ships that come to their ports and do their tours. :)

Oh my gosh thank you so much for the insight. I currently have it reserved but then I read somewhere about only having 5 mins to spare and that would stress me out lol. However those reviews were older ones and current find any newer posts. Thank You so much!

We used .BZ last month. They are a great outfit--great guides, vans, food included and they are WAAAAAY cheaper than the cruise shore excursions. They told me that they have never let a customer miss their ship and they weren't about to start with us! Highly recommend.

Thank You everyone for your replys. Ok, I'm going to keep my reservation with them. We're planning on doing the ziplinning and cave tour. I'm super excited!! I just have to remember to keep my watch on boat time and ask long as I know they also keep there watch on boat time I'll be good to go.

We went with cavetubing.bz the day after Christmas. Very crowded so we were in a bus rather than their usual van. Because it was a large group there were people from several different ships with us. The first thing the guide (Robin) did was ask everyone what time WE thought it was so that he could match back to Belize time and make sure we all got back in time!

The tour was great as was the lunch at Vitalino's after the tour. Follow Vitalino's instructions on how to find them at the port and you'll have a great time!

We used them a year ago and didn't have as good an experience. Somehow we ended up in the last van leaving port even though we were the first there, so a slightly late start. Not too bad but should have been an omen. The trip there was good, but they had to scrounge to get enough equipment for our group of 9. Once at the entrance we found out our group was one person over the limit per guide. Supposedly there was another guide already in the park with a group that had less than the limit and was waiting for us at the river to join them. The guard at the entrance would not let us through and kept saving .bz knew the rules and were just trying to get around them as they didn't want to pay for a 2nd guide. .bz said they were out to get them and the guards only did this to their company. I don't know which is true or care but just wanted to going. They argued back and forth for awhile and finally our guide went to find another guide to accompany us. We stood in the hot sun for 40 minutes before they found another one and got him geared up. We were not happy.

Now the walk through the jungle was supposed to a 30 minute easy hike with lots of stops. Due to our problems we running very behind so they were rushed us through stopping only twice for 1 minute each. There were 9 of us total, 5 being kids. It was really hard for most of us to keep up and I was huffing and puffing as was my 10 yr old daughter. The guides did carry our tubes part way through which helped but not enough. The "walk" or should I say mad dash was not enjoyable AT ALL as I spent the whole time just trying to catch my breath so I could not enjoy any of the scenery. I'm just glad my mother in law was not with us on this trip as she never would have made it.

The tubbing itself was fine. My husband enjoyed it a lot, my daughter and I thought it was good and my teenage boys thought it was boring as it was too slow for them. Towards the end of the tubing journey people were given a chance to jump off a high rock into the water but unfortunately we were not given that opportunity as we were still running too far behind.

Once we got changed we headed to lunch which was awesome. The best part of the trip. Even my picky kids cleaned their plates although they were also starving after our strenuous adventure. I wish we could have had seconds the food was so good. After lunch we raced back to the port and arrived about 1/2 hour before last boarding call. If there were speed limits our guide broke all of them.

I hope .bz has sorted out their number of people per guide issue by now. If it weren't for that I would recommend this trip. I hope we were just unlucky but I probably won't use them again.

Archived