Web check in for Rhapsody?

Leaving on Rhapsody from Sydney on the 23rd March.

This is our 1st cruise and I am confused about what we need to bring with us

on the day.

Do we pre check in as you do with flights or what paperworkdo we bring on the day.

Thanks

on the day.

Do we pre check in as you do with flights or what paperworkdo we bring on the day.

Thanks

Did you purchase via the Royal Caribbean site? Or through a travel agent?

You need at the minimum at boarding.... your passport, and your credit card, or cash.

There may be more, but as I asked, it depends on how you booked. Let us know so we can help more.

on the day.

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic - lots of good info on here.

If you booked through a travel agent, they should have (by now) sent you the necessary paperwork on what to bring with you to the terminal including your Set Sail Pass and Cruise Booklet and hopefully some luggage tags (but these are also available at the pier).

If you booked direct, you should be able to print these off from your reservation number with RCL.

Make sure your Set Sail Pass is filled in and signed before you enter the terminal so as to speed up check-in.

You will need to take have your passport and credit card handy. For Australian ports only cruises a driver's licence will suffice instead of the passport.

At the terminal you will also fill in a health check form and customs forms if saiing to overseas destinations (just like the airlines).

If i have missed anything i'm sure others will fill in the gaps.

PS You are not supposed to mention Travel Agents (TAs) by name on here but we forgive you

on the day.

Thanks

Hi there! Yes it's all a bit confusing for first-time cruisers! Thank heavens I found Cruise Critic prior to my first trip!

You need to register online at Royal Caribbean and fill in all your details after which you will have completed your registration and a Set-Sail Pass will be ready for you to print out and sign.

Here's the link: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.au/beforeyouboard/boardingDocuments.do?cS=NAVBAR

I hope you manage it ok. Gae

Hi there! Yes it's all a bit confusing for first-time cruisers! Thank heavens I found Cruise Critic prior to my first trip!

You need to register online at Royal Caribbean and fill in all your details after which you will have completed your registration and a Set-Sail Pass will be ready for you to print out and sign.

Here's the link: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.au/beforeyouboard/boardingDocuments.do?cS=NAVBAR

HI

As said go to the link for RCCL, very easy to follow. The only thing OZ crusing will send in the mail is your lanyard and a white plastic envelope for you to put your paperwork in.

You will love the Rhapsody, we spent a lovely 10 days on her in February. Just wait to you see how much energy Ricky the Cruise Director has and Captain Rob is very funny.

Tania

When you received your booking confirmation from the travel agent it would have had your RCI reservation number in it. This is what you use to log into the site that Graechan has provided. When you have finished all the sections, you will be able to print your set sail pass. You need to sign this.

Depending on where your cruise is going you will need either your passport or photographic proof of identity ( if not leaving Aust), though we always take pports as it is easier as that is what we have listed in the set sail pass. Some (all?) lines allow you to pay cash for your on board account if you do not want to use a CC but you will need to pay upfront when you get on board. We have never done it but I know people on here have so post a question or do a search here. Enjoy the cruise but once sailed.... You'll be hooked!

on the day.

Thanks

Even though your travel agent should be sending you your set sail documents etc do not be too concerned if do not have them on the day you sail. as long as you have some documentation confirming you have actually purchased the cruise. We can find your reservation by name. The only paperwork required by us at check in are the health questionare ( which you will be given at the pier on the day) and your set sail.If you do not have a set sail it is just a matter of completing the guest clearance and your charge account forms ( you need to fill out the charge account regardless of whether you are using a credit card or paying cash for your on board charges)which we will give you when you are at the check in counter and will only take a minute to do. The on line check in just saves a bit of time doing this but is no big deal really. Your cruise is a local waters cruise and does not require a passport but bring them along if you have them as we can scan them instead of physically typing in your drivers licence details. Once again no biggy. If you like, once you get to the head of the line before the check in counter,ask the lady if you can check in with Graham (that's me ) and I will help you through it all and say hello. Hope this helps......but it really is a simple process

Thanks Graham,

I got the paperwork sorted,Thanks.

We prepaid our Gratuity fees and also we have a $100 on board credit are these sorted after boarding?

you should have a confirmation email from your TA with the OBC and its best to bring a copy with you just in case they make an error and not put the OBC onto your account .....it happened to us once they forgot to give us the right amount of OBC....a quick email from the purser to HO and it was fixed up

Thanks Graham,

I got the paperwork sorted,Thanks.:

We prepaid our Gratuity fees and also we have a $100 on board credit are these sorted after boarding?

Yes the OBC will appear on your account a day or two into the cruise. You can check it on your TV in your stateroom and you will get some "vouchers" the last day or two for your prepaid grats. All you will need to check in now is the set sail and passport or drivers licence and credit card plus the health form and your set. Maybe I will see you on the day. Thanks for sailing with Royal Caribbean and have a great cruise :D:D:D

and you will get some "vouchers" the last day or two for your prepaid grats.

Given the change to automatic gratuities, I expect that vouchers will no longer be handed out (since you don't need to hand over envelopes).

We prepaid our gratuities.What does this mean to us?

Means you don't have to put money into the envelopes on the last night and you won't be charged gratuities on your account each day. The vouchers have been done away with but they still put envelopes in your cabin on the last night. Just throw them in the bin unless you want to give extra for over and above service (don't forget you have already tipped in your prepay). The cabin steward really appreciates positive comments on the feedback questionaire - mention his/her name.

The vouchers have been done away with but they still put envelopes in your cabin on the last night.

The change only started cruises starting March 1, so there have been very few completed so far, and even of those that do it usually takes a while for the change to be bedded in - witness the Voyager refusing wine to be brought onboard a few months after RCL changed their policy.

OP, don't stress about anything to do with your cruise. When we went on our 1st we didn't know too much about it & had never heard of cruisecritic:) in fact we completed 3 cruises before I stumbled upon cc!

Our TA sent docs etc & was able to see that we hadn't completed our on-line checkin & sent us an email, so people will take care of you. We took our credit cards, passports & completed set-sail paperwork & our luggage. At the pier people pointed us the right direction & next thing we were on board. From there we somehow worked it all out.

Planning our 5th cruise now, so it's all good:):):)

Bon voyage!

Tomson2,

You will love this cruise. In my opinion, I think it is a good one as a starter. I have recomended this to some people I know who get motion sick. The cruise more or less sticks to the coastline, so it is a great one to get you started.

We did this cruise in November 2011 and are doing it again, on the same cruise as you - in 12 days time! Woohoo.

I am sure you will find there will be alot of helpful people, there will be plenty of signs and lots of people pointing you in the right direction.

So do the Check In staff at the pier:D:D:D:D

Well they've always got "excellent" from me and DW on our survey forms.

Checking in with the wonderful folks at OPT is a pleasure, particularly compared with airport check-in. Having a great check-in experience before boarding the ship always gets the cruise off to a great start.

Will have to get names next time.

Well they've always got "excellent" from me and DW on our survey forms.

Checking in with the wonderful folks at OPT is a pleasure, particularly compared with airport check-in. Having a great check-in experience before boarding the ship always gets the cruise off to a great start.

Will have to get names next time.

Hey Maybe we could get cut of the prepaid gratuities:D:D:D......only kidding

Archived