Were your bags sent to the 'naughty' room?

Hi all!

Have you ever had to retrieve your bags from the 'naughty' room?

If so, what did you have packed that they didn't agree with?

Were you allowed to keep the item or did you have to remember to pick it up on the last day?

Gae

A friend travelling with us did. When we went down there the said we had cans of alcohol.

"Oh No" says I. "It's only Ginger Beer, She gets seasick". Took a while to explain that it wasn't really beer - just soft drink. But yes we got it through.

Raina

We had one suitcase last December go to that room.

Luckily there wasn't anything that they wanted. Don't know why it ended up there, but I am convinced that black suitcase is cursed, and have sworn we will not travel with it again.

On the cruise before, when we got off in Auckland we couldn't find the black suitcase. Our eldest daughter spotted some passengers pushing a trolley out of the arrivals hall with the black suitcase on it. I approached them and said they had our suitcase. I asked if they not check tags. The suitcase had lots of ribbon and coloured tape on it.

Hence why I will not travel again with that black suitcase.

Our last cruise, we did not get one of our bags by early dinner. On return we found a note on the door. Went down to naughty room, and they had her pull out a small iron. She played dumb, they kept it with a receipt, and it was in our cabin the last night.

One of mine had ice skates in it and they were stopped as the blades were a dangerous weapon. I won that arguement and we got the case and skates back. The second had my 2 bottles of wine as at the last minute I checked in my carryon suitcase. They happily handed over the case and wine but said I should have carried it on.

My friend's case was stopped because she had a swiss army knife in it and it was confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

Hi all!

Were you allowed to keep the item or did you have to remember to pick it up on the last day?

Gae

We couldn't work out why one of our bags had not been delivered. When we arrived in the "naughty area", we were none the wiser and the bags didn't contain any grog, nor knives. It turned out that our IPod Dock was the cause - still trying to work that one out????

Nicki

Yes, happened to me unfortunately and is still a sore point.

At home while packing, my husband who is a boxer brings some hand weights so he can keep training while on the cruise. After a debate over whether or not they should come, I win (well at least I thought I did) and he agrees to leave them home.

Fast forward to cruise day, I'm looking at the ship from the distance, envisioning standing on the deck waving goodbye like they do in the movies, getting excited. Waiting in the area prior to boarding, my son has a toilet training mishap while sitting on my lap. He's fine as we have a nappy bag. I Keep calm, think to myself there is a shower in my cabin, clean clothes are on there way, it'll be all good.

Wait in my cabin for my bag to come up, the rest are there but mine doesn't come. Am forced to sit through that emergency session in a completely packed room absolutely stinking. Go back, bag still isn't there. Get husband to chase it up. Get told they've found it. Jump straight in the shower, turns out it's not my bag so as the cruise leaves I'm stuck in my cabin in a towel.

End up putting my old clothes back on and lost it with the cabin steward. Finally, they locate my bag in the naughty room, it was taken there because my husband snuck his stupid hand weights into my bag.

Husband was very lucky he could go hide in his cabin and I couldn't get in!

He got his hand weights back on the last day.

I guess the moral of the story is: Put it all in your carry-on!

I have tried to think of everything this time so am carrying on 2 bottles of wine and my craft scissors along with some magnets that MIGHT show up as something more sinister on the scan!

Happy sailing everyone!

GBENJO - Perhaps we'll get a chance to say "Hello" at the Port tomorrow when we board Rhapsody! I'll be the one wearing a "lei" around my neck!

Gae

We sailed on the Dawn Princess from Sydney to Hawaii and back in May 2012 and I had a bag that found its way to the Naughty Room.

I thought they had found the 1 litre bottle of gin that I had put in that bag. When I finally got the call to go to the Naughty Room, I decided to say nothing until asked a question. When I got there they asked me if I had a knife in my bag. I did have a Leatherman in a side pocket. The Security Man looked at and said it was ok. Told me I could take my bag which I did. Not a word was said about the bottle of gin. Must be a moral there somewhere.

On one cruise on the Sun Princess October 2012, both bags ended up in the naughty room, one had our 2 bottles of wine ( we had come straight from the airport ) the other they thought had an iron, but it turned out to be the powerboard, 40 AA batteries, and camera cables and charger.

The batteries and charger were all packed together and were showing up a a mass of metal and wires.

I've had a similar thing happen at airports, as I tend to clump all my loose change together in coin bags and they show up as a mass of metal.

Never had anything confiscated though.

Hi all!

Gae

we had to go to the naughty room had 4 small tetra pacs of wine 1 pac is a large glass of wine they looked at them and said ok you can keep them its the big stuff we are looking for

Never.

On our current cruise (Solstice and we are at sea at the moment but within sit of land so have a signal) we had 2 pairs of scissors and a long piece of cord you could strangle someone with. I had 2 Epipens and was not even asked about them.

Plus nail clippers and several bottles of liquids ( all hair and body wash product etc not alcohol) and not asked about it at all.

And in one port we bought some Glen20 in a can and brought it on board thro the scanners and not asked ( we just like to spray rooms wherever we stay with it from time to time).

We had to go because the "label fell off" - (the one they put on at the cruise terminal when they take your luggage off you) we had to identify the "contents" to get it back. But the one with the travel iron and curling tongs - was in our cabin :eek:

On the Celebrity Century 2011 DH had to attend the naughty room - not once but twice! It is a bit of a long story - sorry.

First time was because he had a small spanner which we carry to make alterations to my powerchair when required. That was all good and he returned to the cabin, expecting to find the third and small carry on bag to be there waiting for him. He assumed it was still being delivered.

As he was waiting to get back into the lift along with other offending CCer's they were having a chuckle about their respective offences! In the back ground they could hear this older lady saying "But I haven't got anything that is banded on my luggage". And off they went in the lift.

So back down to the naughty room he went! As he got out of the lift he saw the bag in a rather odd place, so went and asked if he could take it. "No - what have you got in there that you shouldn't have?" Completely baffled he said 'Nothing I can think of". So it was put through the scanner and was asked 'so whats that doing there?' - a pair of sidecutters in the outside pocket!

Bugger.... He had them in the back pack and decided at the last minute he better take them out and slipped them into the carryon when boarding the plane the day before. Again he explained they were used to cut cable ties on the power chair, when he needed to move the hand control from left to right or visa versa. Confiscated! If you need them call someone from maintenance! Great, oh well go with the flow...

He got back into the lift with another CCer (who had his hairdressing scissors they wanted to confiscate but he managed to keep them!) and said older lady mentioned previously. She was most indignant as they had confiscated her handcuffs! :eek: DH response was "oh well I am sure they didn't spot the whips"!!!! The whole lift bust out in laughter including the older lady!;)

DH and others who were in their 40-50's keep laughing about this all cruise wondering what indeed to others really get up to in their cabins!:D

Archived