St. Thomas

kafraser78

Hi Everybody, my hubby and I are doing a cash budget for our cruise on the Breeze in Dec this year. Can anybody tell me what there is to do in St. Thomas? I've heard alot about this Magen's Bay. Can anybody tell me about this beach. Is there flush washrooms, are there any restaurants or places to get a cool drink? How much is the cab ride if we don't book through carnival?

Anything else I need to know would be great too. Thank you

Magen's Bay is absolutely beautiful! We go there everytime we are in St Thomas, however we always take the Magens Bay beach excursion from the cruiseline so I do not know how much the taxi ride would be. I know the admission is $4 per person once you get to Magen's Bay if you take a taxi.

There are showers and clean restrooms. There is also a refreshment stand & bar. They have quite a few things on the menu. The prices are about what you would pay at an amusement park(HIGH!) but hey your on vacation right!

There are bathrooms, food and drinks available. There are picnic type tables as well to sit and eat outside and inside there are small tables.

I am not sure, but I think the cab fare is about $8 per person each way. There is a $4 admission charge to go to Magen's Bay also.

I might suggest that you take a tour with Godfrey which if $25 and takes you all over the island and will take you to Magen's Bay (you still have to pay the admission) and he will return you to the ship.

His tour includes shopping time downtown as well as the tour and trip to the beach. He also goes to Coki Beach and there is no admission charge there.

Enjoy!

Godfrey tours also goes on a one to two hour historical tour including Mountain top. Great banana drinks up there. Megan's bay is wonderful! The drinks are awesome and the pizza is really good. Love St. Thomas!!!;);)

Godfrey tours also goes on a one to two hour historical tour including Mountain top. Great banana drinks up there. Megan's bay is wonderful! The drinks are awesome and the pizza is really good. Love St. Thomas!!!;);)

Dont remember the pizza but a very nice play to go. Understand there is a bus that goes there but if interested go to port of call for info.

Hi Everybody, my hubby and I are doing a cash budget for our cruise on the Breeze in Dec this year. Can anybody tell me what there is to do in St. Thomas? I've heard alot about this Magen's Bay. Can anybody tell me about this beach. Is there flush washrooms, are there any restaurants or places to get a cool drink? How much is the cab ride if we don't book through carnival?

Anything else I need to know would be great too. Thank you

CHeck out Coki Beach, Nice there, good snorkling and bar fro drinks. right next to Coral World, also.

Emerald is where we go every time we hit St Thomas now. No tourist trap crowds and it's free and rarely crowded. Baths, restaurants, and bars at each end. Not to big and not too small.

Emerald_View_1.jpg

Wow! Just beautiful!

Someone on another thread mentioned taking an inexpensive taxi ride to the Best Western on Emerald Bch. It was stated that you enter through the hotel and can rent lounge chairs and also order lunch and drinks from their bar and have access to restrooms.

Here is the therad with a few pics: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1656332

:)

Ditto...

we did sonny listows tours.. best tour we had ever done. we paid i think $39 it was all day, saw the historical sites, the beaches. his tours was very informative and really really fun. Once we got back to the port everyone was staring at us in the tour truck as we were singing our hearts out and laughing. the whole day was like that.

Hi Megans Bay is beautiful, one of the top 10 beaches. Another option, after you finish your beach trip is to head across the street from the cruise terminal to the sky ride to Paradise Point. It is about $20 per person. You can sit on top of the mountain and see many island and the shops and sail boats in port. Beautiful view, drinks and food. They have music and a little shopping and depending on the time of day, parrot shows. You can't go wrong in St. Thomas it is beautiful!

I agree that the Sonny Liston tour is great. We had a fun time with them on a very interesting excursion to the mountain top, beach, and all around the island. We even bought a CD copy of Sonny's soundtrack and think of St. Thomas every time we play it. :)

We've been to St. T on 2 cruises and we stayed there a week too. We liked Coki and Coral World. Look at my signature below! Another quiet option is Secret Harbour Resort. Look at their website. It is pretty, uncrowded, has a beach bar and restaurant and restrooms available. I'd contact the resort ahead of time for a heads up.

BUT - Honestly - if/when we go again we will AGAIN do the taxi to Redhook, ferry to St. John then probably taxi to Trunk. St. John IS HEAVEN ON EARTH - IMHO! Nice shopping and dinning on St. John not to mention the scenery!

On Trunk and looking at Trunk while snorkeling

APSBurt-R1-007-2.jpg

LookingatTrunk.jpg

If going to St Thomas touring with Sunny Liston is a must!! We've toured with him 2x, once just DH and I then with my entire wedding cruise as we booked him for our transport for my wedding day. His tour is the best:D. You will be singing to entire day and having more fun than any other tour I've seen on the island. Also I was married on Megan's Bay. Below is a link to my pictures if you'd like to see the beach. There are pics of us on Sunny's bus as well.

http://http://mrandmrswillis.shutterfly.com/

we did sonny listows tours.. best tour we had ever done. we paid i think $39 it was all day, saw the historical sites, the beaches. his tours was very informative and really really fun. Once we got back to the port everyone was staring at us in the tour truck as we were singing our hearts out and laughing. the whole day was like that.

do you have any contact info for Sonny Listows tours? Thank yuu

Archived