What special to bring

A Dry Erase Board for inside the cabin so one glance at it in the mornings we know what we want to do.

For example the first night we might have; Monday - 10:00 AM M&M (meet and mingle) - The Dungeon. 1:00PM Cabin Crawl - meet @ Schooner Bar .

We also use it to leave notes for our cabin attendant; Extra ice please.

Tuesday - Napkin Folding 11:00 AM Schooner Bar

Etc.

Poopourri (trade name) for the bathroom and (their) hand sanitizer for excursions

Sunscreens for body and face, at least two "bathing costumes" because it is yucky to put on a wet one

my own toiletries

a small battery operated candle as a bathroom nightlight

and definitely bubbles for the balcony ;)

When traveling with children don't forget wipes both for surfaces and hand/face/etc. As soon as you can wipe down surfaces. Sure the cabin looks clean but little ones are always putting their hands on their faces, rubbing their eyes and sticking fingers in their mouths. It is easier to take a few minutes to wipe down things than to spend several days with a sick little one.

We bring a 2nd pop up hamper (you can get a cheap one from the dollar store) for toys. Keeps the cabin neat.

My top 3 things were and will be again someday are,

1. A Glade plugin scent thing with a special scent, my kids love it when I pop it in at home now....scent triggers memories.

2. Over the door shoe holder....great when we took the kids (all the extra pieces of things).....great when I went with a friend too (one cruise was a bit wavy and it held things in place and the other was just to keep my crap out of her way)

3. Dry Erase marker.....I just used the mirror, the one over the desk I left notes for the room attendant and the long one on the bathroom I left notes for cruisers.

Have a great cruise.....I will be on the water again, soon I hope!! :D

Why does their blow dryer stink? I was hoping not to bring mine, but I will if I have to...

The dryer supplied in the cabin doesn't stay on . The on button must be held down to work. My finger got so sore, and it is hard to hold the dyer at certain angles without your finger slipping off the button.:rolleyes:

I have no idea why but the RCI blow dryer makes my hair stand put straight. I always travel with my own tourmaline dryer. :)

Do you have any problems being allowed to take it on board RCL ships? I've read that they've recently been confiscated :mad:

*air freshener for the bathroom - we use one of the battery-operated ones that puffs every hour or so.

hey' date=' it's small in there :eek:

*power strip definitely

*Pop-up hamper if you have room - very useful for keeping cabin tidy[/quote']

What a great idea!!! I will bring one on my cruise. Thanks

I always bring a small flashlight with me, mainly in case of emergency but I have used it on occasion as well to look for stuff under the bed and on dark nights. A small battery charger for recharging walkie talkie and camera batteries. Lysol wipes. Ziplock bags to store soon-to-be-eaten food items like cookies in. Also, a trashbag with drawstring (to hang), to use as a laundry hamper.

Why does their blow dryer stink? I was hoping not to bring mine, but I will if I have to...

If your hair is at all fussy, I would suggest you bring your own. The small one they provide always takes me forever (and holding down that button is a little cumbersome)

I'm on the same sailing....see you on board :)

I make a one page list of all the addresses, phone numbers and confirmation numbers for my trip. This includes shuttle services, precruise hotel, airline and any info on pre-reserved meals and tours. I leave one at home in case of emergency.

I make a one page list of all the addresses, phone numbers and confirmation numbers for my trip. This includes shuttle services, precruise hotel, airline and any info on pre-reserved meals and tours. I leave one at home in case of emergency.

Also credit card account numbers AND the 1-800 customer service number in the event your cards get lost/stolen.

You can also take photos/scans of all of this stuff and email it to yourself rather than keeping track of a piece of paper. I use Gmail for my email, so I can access anything I've sent myself from anyplace with an internet connection.

Bring rolls of quarters for ths slot machine I have been saving them months . and ziploc bags all sizes

most slot machines dont take change anymore..you feed in bills and it prints a ticket...unless you're talking about that machine you drop the quarters in and they slide all around to try and get prizes or money to drop out..total waste of $$$ IMHO on that one! might as well throw that quarter overboard and make a wish :D

Archived