Art On Royal

HI my travelling buddy bought a few pictures last year off the Radiance. By memory it took about 10 weeks after she got back home for them to turn up. She wasn't home at the time, so whoever delivered them just left them propped up at her front door. She was horrified when she returned home and just seen them there :eek:

We have friends that brought Art on a November sailing on the Voyager and in Dec we brought some Art off the voyager as well ,so did a friend of ours but none of us have received our Art up to date.

Well lesson learnt never again will we be buying art off any ship!

but not sure how would you get a refund if we never received the goods, since it was added to our seapass account ?

We have friends that brought Art on a November sailing on the Voyager and in Dec we brought some Art off the voyager as well ,so did a friend of ours but none of us have received our Art up to date.

Well lesson learnt never again will we be buying art off any ship!

but not sure how would you get a refund if we never received the goods, since it was added to our seapass account ?

I would definitely be chasing this up. If it was charged to your shipboard account and you paid Royal Caribbean, they must accept some responsibility.

They do take a while since you are buying the piece of art that is on the ship (usually), and they don't send it immediately since they have to get it back to their warehouse for packaging and then send it on.

That said, I'd definitely follow them up as 4 months is a while to wait.

I bought some artwork on Rhapsody on our Christmas cruise and was told it would be around 8 weeks (i.e. the end of Feb) before we received it.

Haven't received it yet ... BUT I did receive an email from Art on Royal in mid-Feb saying that it would be closer to 12 weeks before we got our artwork because of the unprecedented response they had received ... which I believe 'cause I've never seen so much sold on a ship before.

They also said it gets sent from their Australian fulfilment centre (I'm guessing they ship Australia-bound art in bulk from their US warehouse first) and that they would send us the tracking number when the goods "leave the building".

If I have to wait longer, I will be chasing up very loudly ... by the time I get the artwork, it will have cost me an extra $100 in interest on my credit card prepayment.

Cheers

Bob

I bought some artwork on Rhapsody on our Christmas cruise and was told it would be around 8 weeks (i.e. the end of Feb) before we received it.

Haven't received it yet ... BUT I did receive an email from Art on Royal in mid-Feb saying that it would be closer to 12 weeks before we got our artwork because of the unprecedented response they had received ... which I believe 'cause I've never seen so much sold on a ship before.

They also said it gets sent from their Australian fulfilment centre (I'm guessing they ship Australia-bound art in bulk from their US warehouse first) and that they would send us the tracking number when the goods "leave the building".

If I have to wait longer, I will be chasing up very loudly ... by the time I get the artwork, it will have cost me an extra $100 in interest on my credit card prepayment.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob, I post a question on Royal Caribean F/book page and got this answer,Royal Caribbean Australia & NZ Hi Michelle , you can send a follow up email to info@artatsea.com. If you are experiencing extended delays then don't hesitate to contact us on 1800 7541 500 and we will gladly contact Art on Royal on your behalf. Thanks!

I have Sent a email last week but still no reply so if not by Tuesday I will Ring the 1800 number.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all just thought I would give you all an up date on our piece of art ,

This morning I got an email from Art on Royal Dear Mrs. Romeo,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not responding to you inquiry sooner, regarding your artwork. The piece you ordered was to be offloaded off the Voyager and was not when it arrived. This is the reason for the delay in shipping your artwork. I have submitted a refund of $920.00 to the accounting and have requested it be expedited as quickly as possible.

Due to the time difference, I would like ask if I may contact between 7:00 & 7:30am USA time, that I may speak with you.

I look forward to your response.

P.S. Please be advise this is the number (61-280-385-003) to dial, if you would like to contact us.

Sincerely,

Gaynor Duncan

Gaynor Duncan

gduncan@artonroyal.com

Customer Service Manager

3912 Pembroke Road, Hollywood, FL 33021

office. 954.322.6288 I fax. 954.322.6278

http://www.artonroyal.com

Then I got a call at 6.15 am to let me know that the refund will be sent to royal and Royal will deposit the monies back on Monday and it will take 4 to 5 days to get the money back lets see shall we on how long it really takes.

This is a lesson learnt never buy art of a ship again.

Thank you to all that read my post

Have a great day

Perth Cruizing

Cruisne 21

Our piece was a Peter Brock king of the mountains photograph piece with his signature on it and all authenticity

Only 200 made in Australia we paid including shipping $920

On eBay this morning my husband saw one for $495

This has left a bad experience on us as now my husband doesn't want the piece at all

Perth Cruizing

All art sold on board needs to get shipped back to the US to be reframed and then shipped to Australia in a bulk lot. The on board frames tend to get banged up. It is a very inefficient process, you think they would organise and Australian framer and shipper to save time and cost. I seem to recall the art guy on rhapsody saying they shipped to Australia in containers which means waiting until they had a full container and extra handling in Australia which could lead to big delays.

Cruisne 21 Our piece was a Peter Brock king of the mountains photograph piece with his signature on it and all authenticity Only 200 made in Australia we paid including shipping $920

This has left a bad experience on us as now my husband doesn't want the piece at all Perth Cruizing

In America that would probably be a law suit. I believe some of the cruise lines have not renewed the art dealers contracts for them to be on board , as there has been so much trouble over them .

I always thought they were part of the Entertainment Staff.:D

Loved the free champagne.;)

There are two organisations that share art auctions for RCI, it is not run by RCI. I guess this maintains a competitive tension! They seem to be very successful, they sold over $2 million on a recent voyager cruise. That is 300k buyers premium plus whatever profit they make on the paintings.

In America that would probably be a law suit. I believe some of the cruise lines have not renewed the art dealers contracts for them to be on board , as there has been so much trouble over them .

I always thought they were part of the Entertainment Staff.:D

Loved the free champagne.;)

David,

I think i got the email after i wrote on their f/book page and told them that i was taking this to the Ombudsman, my post kept getting deleted and then today a email for a refund & a phone call @ 6.30am so lets see how long it takes to get the refund, will keep everyone posted and let you all know when i receive it.

Our friends bought a couple of pieces on our December cruise on the Radiance and haven't received them yet.

Oz_Steve,

friends of our also on our sailing hand reveived theirs either and he also put a post on Art on Royal F/book page which was deleted as well, they received an email and a call this morning to say their art will be shipped in two weeks but they dont have all the art they brought !

Steve get your friends to email gduncan@artonroyal.com

I hope they have some luck

David,

I think i got the email after i wrote on their f/book page and told them that i was taking this to the Ombudsman, my post kept getting deleted and then today a email for a refund & a phone call @ 6.30am so lets see how long it takes to get the refund, will keep everyone posted and let you all know when i receive it.

Lucky you! you get a full refund on artwork selling for much less than you paid!

This I would count as "Your Lucky Day":)

Usually you just get "A fool and His Money" comments and live with it;)

Cruisne 21

Our piece was a Peter Brock king of the mountains photograph piece with his signature on it and all authenticity

Only 200 made in Australia we paid including shipping $920

This has left a bad experience on us as now my husband doesn't want the piece at all

Perth Cruizing

Ummm..you didn't do research OR were happy with the price you saw...but now you have a bad taste as you saw it cheaper? You don't know if that guy was desperate for cash cos he lost his job (for example) and he was selling things fast.

What do you do when you buy a car and 2 months later they discount it, or that piece of clothing you bought the store has a sale the following week?

I really just don't get this comment....thats not a dupe. Thats no difference to me buying a tv at Harvey Norman and walking by The Good Guys and seeing it $150 less.

I fully understand those that took ages to actually get their art work.....thats understandable to get a refund when your promised something at a certain date and it keeps getting put back to ask for your money back.

And having said that, on the Solstice I have never seen a bigger uglier collection of paintings and prints in my life.....I'm surprised anyone would want to buy them. Most looked so amateur like a kid had painted them. Given the WELL documented issues with art auctions I would never buy anything on board from organised art in bulk sellers. Investment art is never sold in bulk on something like a ship and thats how it should be approached. You like it, you buy it. But never buy as an investment.

They don't really identify themselves as being from some organisation other than Royal. Royal are taking payments and getting commissions, that is the behaviour of an agent rather than a landlord. I'm surprised they let these scams operate under their banner.

Ummm..you didn't do research OR were happy with the price you saw...but now you have a bad taste as you saw it cheaper? You don't know if that guy was desperate for cash cos he lost his job (for example) and he was selling things fast.

What do you do when you buy a car and 2 months later they discount it, or that piece of clothing you bought the store has a sale the following week?

I really just don't get this comment....thats not a dupe. Thats no difference to me buying a tv at Harvey Norman and walking by The Good Guys and seeing it $150 less.

I fully understand those that took ages to actually get their art work.....thats understandable to get a refund when your promised something at a certain date and it keeps getting put back to ask for your money back.

And having said that, on the Solstice I have never seen a bigger uglier collection of paintings and prints in my life.....I'm surprised anyone would want to buy them. Most looked so amateur like a kid had painted them. Given the WELL documented issues with art auctions I would never buy anything on board from organised art in bulk sellers. Investment art is never sold in bulk on something like a ship and thats how it should be approached. You like it, you buy it. But never buy as an investment.

We brought the Piece at Auction a spir of the moment thing and no we didnt go up to the cabin and do research while the Auction was on!! we hadnt seen that piece of Peter Brock and though it would be a nice piece to put up in the work place

The price didnt leave a bad taste its buying Art off the ship that has, this company is giving Royal a bad name, as there was hundreds of people that also brought ART and I know a few that feel the same way as me,

lesson learnt

They don't really identify themselves as being from some organisation other than Royal. Royal are taking payments and getting commissions, that is the behaviour of an agent rather than a landlord. I'm surprised they let these scams operate under their banner.

No they dont, I thought it was part of Royal too but i am glad i am getting all of our money back :-) it just make you wonder how many other people this happens too and how much of a fight they have to either get their goods or money back

Archived