Voyager Class Balconies?

Jenna

I have a question about the balconies on Voyager class ships, specifically Explorer.

I have the choice of either hump or an aft, and I normally would choose the aft. However I heard that your view is very obscured. How obscured? Which then, hump or aft, is better? :confused: I figure people here have probably been in both, and can help! Thanks :D

I have a question about the balconies on Voyager class ships, specifically Explorer.

I have the choice of either hump or an aft, and I normally would choose the aft. However I heard that your view is very obscured. How obscured? Which then, hump or aft, is better? :confused: I figure people here have probably been in both, and can help! Thanks :D

On Voyager class ships most of the obstruction is the superstructure. It's most noticeable on decks 6 and 7. It is not as bad as you go higher. There is also a large area on deck 6 level (the roof of a crew area) that is the biggest problem on the lower decks. I had a JS on deck 7 Navigator in January and it wasn't nearly as good as the view I've had on decks 9 and 10. I love aft balconies.

Which specific cabins are available for you?

The aft balconys are way better I am attaching a link with lots of pictures of the balconys you just run your curser over the balcony you want to see and click.

The ones on deck seven have the biggest balconys they are amazing the ones on each corner

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

enjoy

Brian J

Deck 10 on Explorer

Cabin 1390 Aft

I know it's a thumbnail, but I hope you can see it.

We didn't notice any obstructions on Deck 10, and remember you can see all the balconies below yours from up there.

Look up and you will see the Windjammer windows and people eating, so know they can see you too.

1377823334_1390Balcony.jpg.2131b357cd40697615397407482b54bf.jpg

Voyager class balconies are not as open as other ships. They have an oval opening through the ship's structure. They seem a little more enclosed than say the Allure. Check the deck plans for the aft cabin.

Only on the first 3 ships, the last 2, Mariner and Navigator, have the "normal" balconies hung on the side of the ship.

"very obscured" is not necessarily true. We had a deck 9 corner aft on the Explorer, and the view was amazing. Prior to booking, I checked the website previously mentioned (voyager-class.com) and it provides excellent images of your view, depending on the cabin you choose. That was our first aft. The peacefulness, sense of solitude, and quiet hallways made for a very relaxing trip. A balcony big enough for two lounger and a table/chairs wasn't too shabby a deal, either :)

Teddie

"very obscured" is not necessarily true. We had a deck 9 corner aft on the Explorer, and the view was amazing. Prior to booking, I checked the website previously mentioned (voyager-class.com) and it provides excellent images of your view, depending on the cabin you choose. That was our first aft. The peacefulness, sense of solitude, and quiet hallways made for a very relaxing trip. A balcony big enough for two lounger and a table/chairs wasn't too shabby a deal, either :)

Teddie

Teddie,

Which corner aft did you have? We will be in 9390 in June. Never had an aft, and am looking forward to it!

Thanks everyone - I think we are definitely going to go with the aft then! Final question - I'm looking at the corner afts and the pictures for inside the cabin aren't working. What is that circle thing? Is it an extra window in your room? A window for an ocean view cabin? I would feel awkward having someone's window look right onto my balcony. Thanks :)

Teddie,

Which corner aft did you have? We will be in 9390 in June. Never had an aft, and am looking forward to it!

We were in 9690, which is on the opposite corner from yours. 9390 is starboard; 9690 is port (left side of ship). Be aware that these cabins have a regular hinged glass door instead of a slider door. The door is a bit heavy and closes with a thunk. You do have the large porthole adjacent to the door. We didn't love the door, but we loved the balcony! There is a bit of superstructure that runs along the neighboring balcony divider wall, but really does not interfere with the view.

Right now, only a deck seven aft is available on our next cruise (Explorer Nov 3 2012; 11 nights), but we are going for a JS, which is in the center of the aft. Lots of shade, I hear, which is not a terrible thing for us. I'm keeping an eye out for a higher deck...

Teddie

Thanks everyone - I think we are definitely going to go with the aft then! Final question - I'm looking at the corner afts and the pictures for inside the cabin aren't working. What is that circle thing? Is it an extra window in your room? A window for an ocean view cabin? I would feel awkward having someone's window look right onto my balcony. Thanks :)

No. That circle thing is YOUR window onto YOUR balcony :) See my post above about the balcony door and window.

Teddie

I've attached pictures from our recent trip on AOS in cabin 9690 (corner aft). The first pic is of the cabin including the door and port hole. The next pic is to show how much of the space the wall with the port hole takes up - the room felt smaller than cabin 7688 (deck 7 corner aft) that we had on ExOS. The final pic is the view from our balcony looking to the left.

Hope these help - given a choice between this cabin and 7688 we would take 7688 in a heartbeat! But hey - any corner is better than no corner!:p

1628715073_025-Copy.jpg.87206c73b0d334343d39b3d44d59020c.jpg

186.jpg.52bc04b149c6177e6cf5cc649990a0b4.jpg

697412309_026-Copy.jpg.503f1e21d10e2394edd12841704507c2.jpg

Thank you so much for the quick responses regarding the porthole! It's a relief to know that it is mine! Wouldn't want someone's face just peering at me at 7 in the morning! :eek:

I'm waiting until the new savings certificates come out the end of the month to book - but I'm leaning towards the corners on Deck 9. I do not like the weird roof thing on 6.

Thank you everyone for all of your help! Cruise Critic makes things 1000x easier and really takes out the guesswork. :D

Thank you so much for the quick responses regarding the porthole! It's a relief to know that it is mine! Wouldn't want someone's face just peering at me at 7 in the morning! :eek:

I'm waiting until the new savings certificates come out the end of the month to book - but I'm leaning towards the corners on Deck 9. I do not like the weird roof thing on 6.

Thank you everyone for all of your help! Cruise Critic makes things 1000x easier and really takes out the guesswork. :D

Book NOW. If a certificate comes out next quarter, you can have it applied then.

I've attached pictures from our recent trip on AOS in cabin 9690 (corner aft). The first pic is of the cabin including the door and port hole. The next pic is to show how much of the space the wall with the port hole takes up - the room felt smaller than cabin 7688 (deck 7 corner aft) that we had on ExOS. The final pic is the view from our balcony looking to the left.

Hope these help - given a choice between this cabin and 7688 we would take 7688 in a heartbeat! But hey - any corner is better than no corner!:p

Hello there !

We sailed in 9690 on our last Explorer cruise; balcony and view was awesome!

What deck & cabin is picture #1 ? (It looks more a middle aft than a corner). I'm wondering since we have a middle aft on deck six for our next cruise.

Thanks,

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is of 9690 on AOS from this past February. We have had the corner on 7 and on 9 (don't like 8 because no light other than window. View is great from either cabin, BUT the porthole wall is very deep and takes a fair amount of room from the cabin (I had to crab walk along that wall to get in and out of bed each night):(. If my choice of corner afts came down to deck 9 or deck 7, I would personally choose 7 for the larger balcony and cabin. I know they are both E1s, but 7 just feels larger!

Archived