So I called customer service to book a cruise and...

spcannon

I needed to book 3 rooms, OV for DH & I, OV for inlaws, interior for 3 kids. I like to book online but with the multiple rooms I wasn't having any luck. I called a little over 2 hours ago - because I wanted a new booking someone answered immediately. It took her 40 minutes to get the same prices I was getting online. Then something happened and she said she needed help and put me on hold. She came back on about 15 minutes later and said she had to start all over but she was still having problems and put me on hold again. She came back to tell me she hadn't made any progress after 10 more minutes and since I had already been on the phone for an hour I asked if she could call me back when she got it sorted out. She confirmed my number and said she would call back. It has been over an hour since I got off the phone. Do you think I will get a call back or do I need to just start over? Thanks.

I would do it myself on line...Have done it many many times after collecting everyones info. Easy Peasy.....BUT...if you do not want to do that...I would call again and deal with someone that knows what they are doing. Does NOT sound like she did.

Start again....and good luck to you

I needed to book 3 rooms, OV for DH & I, OV for inlaws, interior for 3 kids. I like to book online but with the multiple rooms I wasn't having any luck. I called a little over 2 hours ago - because I wanted a new booking someone answered immediately. It took her 40 minutes to get the same prices I was getting online. Then something happened and she said she needed help and put me on hold. She came back on about 15 minutes later and said she had to start all over but she was still having problems and put me on hold again. She came back to tell me she hadn't made any progress after 10 more minutes and since I had already been on the phone for an hour I asked if she could call me back when she got it sorted out. She confirmed my number and said she would call back. It has been over an hour since I got off the phone. Do you think I will get a call back or do I need to just start over? Thanks.

Maybe she was having computer problems. There system is not the most stable. Call back before the (9-5ers) get home and your wait is loooooooooong.

Me personally get excited when I'm booking.:D:D:D

If an hour has gone by, I would definately call the person back. I assume you have their extension.

If I can't get a hold of the person, I would talk to another agent and have them book it.

I would try again or online. I have called my travel agent with Carnival and it is weird cause sometimes i hear a baby crying which leads me to believe that they are working from home and that is why they put you on hold so much It has happened to me to..

Have you considered using a travel agent???

Please do not book the kids in an interior they will regret it for life:D At least put them in an Oceanview or even a balcony. Even I would be too claustrophobic in an interior without a window.

Even the sleepers on Amtrak have a window so why shouldn't your kids.

Splurge a bit and give the kids an OV.

Due to the PVP not calling you back as stated calls for an automatic upgrade of the kids room to an OV or higher. I'm being serious. I wouldn't put my worst enemy in an interior cabin on a cruise.

Enjoy the cruise and please let us know how the booking goes.

I just booked my trip 2 weeks ago and my PVP was great... I even called back because the trip was lower from when I booked and he even credited back the difference to my CC. Email me at luis.rosario.chi@gmail dot com if you want his contact info

Please do not book the kids in an interior they will regret it for life:D At least put them in an Oceanview or even a balcony. Even I would be too claustrophobic in an interior without a window.

Due to the PVP not calling you back as stated calls for an automatic upgrade of the kids room to an OV or higher. I'm being serious. I wouldn't put my worst enemy in an interior cabin on a cruise.

sounds like a lot of unnecessary drama to me.:eek:

Bill

Just because you have issues with an interior doesn't mean everyone does. My kids have had OV's and Insides- guess what they prefer? Inside cabins because they loved the darkness and sleeping late. I too love Inside cabins- love them and choose them over balconies. So too each his own and to state you wouldn't put your worst enemy in one is a little ridiculous.

Similar problem. I forgot my User name/ password (2 years) and it doesn't offer a lookup. I don't want to call! Any ideas?

If you go to Carnival's home page, there is a link at the top for "Log In". If you click on that, the next screen will prompt you to enter your User Name and Password. Underneath each box is an option to click on if you forgot either your User Name and/or Password.

Do you think I will get a call back or do I need to just start over? Thanks.

If I am in the same situation as you, I will

- use the information above regarding their PVP and call them.

- or use travel agent instead.

If you already got a booking number, they can help you starting from there.

If not, as long as you haven't paid anything yet, it will be better to start over again. And hoping that the cabins that you already talked about with carnival, still available.

Try my PVP. I cant name names here but you can e-mail me jmcnivelo@ yahoo.com and can get you in touch with her.

Mods please delete if this was wrong to do.

Rottweiler Puppy's advice is best; get a good PVP and stick with them.

When I email my PVP with ship's name, room selections, sail date, who I want in each room, (along with current CC info) she emails me back promptly and then emails me confirmations. Sometimes the system messes her up, but she either catches it or I do and she makes the changes. We normally book three cabins together and as many as twenty cabins and she earns our business every time. :)

It's also VERY nice when a room she knows we'd prefer opens up she'll move us or hold it until we confirm. :cool:

Archived