Obc ?

I was wondering with the new policy to add the daily tip automatically to our account how do we set it up so that all OBC is used for specialty restaurants and drinks and the tips are paid by credit card? Can this be done at Guest Services to use the OBC for restaurants , drinks etc?

Thanks

I was wondering with the new policy to add the daily tip automatically to our account how do we set it up so that all OBC is used for specialty restaurants and drinks and the tips are paid by credit card? Can this be done at Guest Services to use the OBC for restaurants , drinks etc?

Thanks

Not sure I understand. The daily tips are charged to your on board account, and you can pay the on board account with a credit card. Is this what you are asking?

Not sure I understand. The daily tips are charged to your on board account, and you can pay the on board account with a credit card. Is this what you are asking?

Yes. But how do I delegate which purchases come out of the OBC and which go to the credit card? For instance can the tips go onto the credit card and specialty restaurants come out of the OBC? Not a big deal but just wondering.

Thanks for the other replies.

Yes. But how do I delegate which purchases come out of the OBC and which go to the credit card? For instance can the tips go onto the credit card and specialty restaurants come out of the OBC? Not a big deal but just wondering.

I don't understand why this matters :confused: Your OBC will be deducted and used and the rest will go to whatever you have attached to your seapass (CC or cash).

As far as I am aware, there is no way to delegate it. OBC is used first.

OBC is always used 1st then, your on board account...either cash or credit/debit card. You cannot ask for only "xyz" to come from the OBC (have sailed with someone in a group that wanted to do this). Since the OBC is used 1st, it really doesn't matter. Say you have a $200 OBC...you spend and spend. It is used and the next $25 cost goes to your ship board account. Hope that clears things up for you. IF you do not use all your OBC (say you are a small spender) you don't get a refund, you either use or loose it.

Anything you want to come out of the credit card you can pay for before the cruise. For example, if you want tips to come out of the credit card, then arrange for prepaid tips. If you want a specialty restaurant to come out of the credit card, then book it on Royal's website before the cruise.

Once you are on the cruise, all charges are lumped together on one bill at the end of the cruise. Your OBC is used to reduce the bill. If the bill is still greater than zero, then the credit card will be charged the balance.

I dont see what difference it makes?

Say you have (these numbers are just for an example)

$100 obc, tips of $100 dollars and restaurants of $100

hen whichever way its done its still the same totals and the same amount charged to your credit card

IF you do not use all your OBC (say you are a small spender) you don't get a refund, you either use or loose it.

This is not quite correct - if you get the OBC from RCCL, you do not get a refund. If you get it from an outside source, such as a TA, you can get it refunded last day.

Just got back from a cruise a few days ago and this is what my credit card account showed when I got home to check it. I had three separate charges. First covered my purchases on board and my coke cup; second charge was just the tips. Both were listed as paid to Jewel of the Seas. My third charge was for my "Next Cruise" for $100 and listed as being paid to Royal Caribbean. I didn't have any onboard credit prior to the cruise. I didn't get a final account form on my door the last morning, asked stateroom attendant and he said he didn't get one for me, to check with Guest Relations. I had tried to check my account on the TV the last night, but got message that it wasn't available. Everything was accurate, but may still call to get the itemized form emailed to me. I don't understand why it was listed as 3 different transactions on my RCL Visa account, just hope I get the double points for everything.

I'm thinking you might want to check with Guest Relations/Pursers desk when you get a chance, while you are on the cruise, and see if you can get an answer to your questions.

Since you have an onboard credit account, I think I'm reading between the lines that you are concerned that some of your charges may be charged to your credit card and not use your onboard credit account, thereby maybe loose some of it at the end of the cruise.

Another thought is (based on things I've read hear on CC) depending on where your onboard credit came from, you may get paid out in cash for any unused onboard credit.....OR it may be lost if not used.

I wish you a wonderful trip and smooth seas.

Archived