Car Service Dial7 vs Carmel

Morebeer

Hello All.

Will try not to repeat myself as NJHorseman pointed out on my last thread. Anyone have any comments, or thoughts about the two different car services that service New York. Have found links to both Dial7 and Carmel car services any likes or dislikes toward one over the other. Thanks as always for your feedback.

I always use Dial7 over Carmel. They are usually the same price, always show up and have nicer cars. You can also book easily on-line. Just beware if booking on-line that the default selection is for an "Executive Sedan" which is just a later model Town Car than a regular sedan, and a few dollars more. Unless you need a specialty car like a minivan, just select a regular sedan. I usually end up with a late-model car anyway. Also note that if you want to pay by credit card, you MUST give them the number in advance (either on-line or with a phone reservation). They might take one without the advance notice, but the driver will grouse because they have to call it in to the office, which also adds time at drop-off.

Do you have to pre pay if you book online?

Can you just pay cash?

thanks

You do not have to pre-pay and yes, you can pay cash. If you book to pay by credit card, they will put a CC hold on within a few days of the trip, but they will not charge. There is actually a delay on the charge hitting your CC as it takes them a couple of days to get the signed slip with tip, tolls, etc. from the driver.

You do not have to pre-pay and yes, you can pay cash. If you book to pay by credit card, they will put a CC hold on within a few days of the trip, but they will not charge. There is actually a delay on the charge hitting your CC as it takes them a couple of days to get the signed slip with tip, tolls, etc. from the driver.

Thanks

I prefer to pay cash so that is good news

Archived