Can you only bring Wine onboard?

LuvMoMoCow

We are cruising on the Pride in June. DH and I are neither heavy drinkers, but we like the occasional drink here and there. Can we bring wine coolers and/or beer, or are we limited to just wine? :confused:

I know we can bring soda/water/juice for the kids and plan to bring the maximum allowable.

Thanks for your help!

One 750ml bottle of wine per person on embarkation day only and must be in your carry-on! Just got off the Pride Sunday and they are extremely strict with alcohol.... we tried to bring wine on board from a port (as we've done many times on Princess) and they confiscated it. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
i understand each person can bring 1 bottle of wine is there a corkege fee or you bring your own and consume in your cabin i know ncl has a corkege fee

There's no corkage fee if you open the wine in your cabin, and the cabin attendant will even bring you a corkscrew. There's a corkage fee if it's opened in the dining room or steakhouse. They don't always charge it though. It's OK if you bring a glass of wine from your cabin and drink it in the dining room. No corkage charge.

I wonder if Carnival considers brandy a wine or a spirit? ....................I have wondered this also along with Port. I would consider Port more of a wine than a spirit....Hmmmm interesting I might have to investigate this.....

L

We always bring a bottle of our favorite wine each. I also bring a 12 pack of soda plus hubby brings a 12 pack of bottled water.

probably a stupid question, but, does the pop/soda need to be in a carry on also- or could we just carry it in the case??

I wonder if Carnival considers brandy a wine or a spirit? ....................I have wondered this also along with Port. I would consider Port more of a wine than a spirit....Hmmmm interesting I might have to investigate this.....

L

We've brought sherry onboard with no problem.

Problems happen when these types of wines are not bottled in a 'wine' bottle. Ours is in a wine bottle.

L

I think the technical answer would depend on whether they are fermented or distilled. I think brandy is distilled wine, whereas port is a fermented beverage, fortified with a distilled ingredient. I'm not sure where that might leave you with Carnival's policy. I doubt very much the low-paid Carnival security worker knows much about how alcoholic beverages are made. If you show up with a 750ml bottle of port and the bottle looks like a wine bottle, I doubt you'll have any questions.

how do these rules apply for the Valor out of San Juan.

My understanding is they are way more lenient than the other departure ports.

I would like to bring a bottle of scotch as would others that are traveling with us.

Thanks,

how do these rules apply for the Valor out of San Juan.

My understanding is they are way more lenient than the other departure ports.

I would like to bring a bottle of scotch as would others that are traveling with us.

Thanks,

applies to all ships - everywhere

probably a stupid question, but, does the pop/soda need to be in a carry on also- or could we just carry it in the case??

You can carry it on your head if you want as long as it is carried on and not in your checked luggage. A lot of people use a rolling carryon to take it on as it can get heavy and awkward after awhile.

When we sailed from San Juan, we brought on 6-8 bottles of various liquor, that we bought right at the pier (this was a few years ago, though).

I am traveling with a bunch of worry warts. They do not even want to take the chance. Of course I am very willing to give it a try.

I am really looking for some assurance that it will not be a problem.

Again, we are only looking to bring one extra bottle per person, but we are 10 people so if we can get them all on without a problem, that should hold for the first couple of nights. LOL LOL LOL.

I also have no problems buying a few drinks onboard - if needed.

Archived