NCL Pearl kids club

kandjrolls2

Please tell me about the kids clubs on the Pearl. We are thinking of booking for next summer. My daughter will be almost 4 (July birthday). I would like to know about the activities and the staff ratio. Also, I've noticed they charge while the ship is in port and for late night. In addition to the fee restaurants, it is starting to look like this cruise isn't much cheaper than Disney.:eek: Also, do the kids wear electronic monitors like Disney?

My daughter was 1 month shy of turning 4 when we went last year (March) and she enjoyed herself. However, I can say that she LOVES the kids club on ALL of the NCL ships she's been on. I think their program is wonderful. She is so disappointed when we pick her up and all she does is talk about going back. So they must be doing something right. :)

They have planned activities for them each day. There's usually some type of "theme" each day as well. Like they have a Pirate day. They watch movies, they do crafts, they make pirate hats, paint their faces and they do a Pirate Parade around the ship. Another day may be a princess and prince day, next day a "doggie" day and they'll make a little dog ear hat to wear. Something is always going on.

They also have the freestyle play. That's where they can run and play and climb in the tunnels and play on the slides and so on. My daughter loves this as well.

There's usually a night that they gather all of the kids up and they will take them to see one of the shows in the theater. There's a nother night that they will take them all out to the main dinning room for dinner (they'll dress up on this night). Another night is pajama night and they bring their pillows and tell bedtime stories.

Sitting services are $6/hr past 10pm (or is it 10:30?? I can't remember).

Although I have never done it, I was told a few months ago that they don't charge for sitting when the ship is in port? I think the way it was explained is that they will only charge for 1 hour that is the hour that they take your little one to lunch to eat. But I have never done the sitting during port day so maybe someone else can clarify. Or, maybe NCL has something on their site.

As for the "counselors"...they are not your everyday staff that applied for a job and got it and were trained. These people come with degrees...we are talking child pyschology, teachers, and a whole long list of children/related degrees. Some have really impressed me for sure!! You can tell that they TRULY love their job and they make it a point to learn each and every childs name right off the bat. They amaze me.

IMG_0789-M.jpg

That was the jungle gym area on the Pearl. :)

Please tell me about the kids clubs on the Pearl. We are thinking of booking for next summer. My daughter will be almost 4 (July birthday). I would like to know about the activities and the staff ratio. Also, I've noticed they charge while the ship is in port and for late night. In addition to the fee restaurants, it is starting to look like this cruise isn't much cheaper than Disney.:eek: Also, do the kids wear electronic monitors like Disney?

NCL is definitely much cheaper than DCL. Besides a lot of restaurants you can go to with a fee (I think DCL just has one), there are many free options, as well (just as many as DCL). Disney gives you free soda, though, and NCL charges about $50 pp for a soda card. I'm guessing a Disney cruise is more than $50 more expensive than NCL.

My kids liked the kids clubs on NCL better than DCL (at least my older kids).

NCL is definitely much cheaper than DCL. Besides a lot of restaurants you can go to with a fee (I think DCL just has one), there are many free options, as well (just as many as DCL). Disney gives you free soda, though, and NCL charges about $50 pp for a soda card. I'm guessing a Disney cruise is more than $50 more expensive than NCL.

My kids liked the kids clubs on NCL better than DCL (at least my older kids).

And yes - I agree 100%

There are the same amount of free dining options on Pearl as there are on Disney - it IS the speciality restaurants that throw everyone. NCL has many, many options.

And my girls agree with your kids. They have been on both Wonder and Magic as well as Gem and Epic. They have never requested to go back on a Disney ship.

Archived