Does anyone Know the Boston Airport really well?

LAFFNVEGAS

Hi, We will be flying into Logan Airport on a Red Eye flight and we arrive about 6:30 in the morning. It is my understanding that the Cruise Ship Terminal is not that far and we cannot board till about 11 AM. Is there somewhere we can have breakfast in the airport? Can we leave our luggage at the carousel while we have a bite to eat? Since we will have several pieces of luggage I hate to grab a cab to go any where else.

Thanks for any advise or help.

Are you on a transfer package? Airport to ship?? I would check with the airline..if they know your arriving flight, there will be a rep there to meet you in baggage claim.

DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LUGGAGE unattended on the baggage.. not a safe thing to do nowdays. ANY aiport.

The food at most any airport is poor.. so I would not consider this option.

If you have transport to the ship .. see what they suggest. If you are doing your own, take a cab to a nice hotel .. leave your bags with a bellman . have breakfast and leave again later.

No, We do not have transfers to the ship, we were told the airport is fairly close to the ship terminal so we figured we would catch a taxi. I am rather leary of taking a taxi to a hotel and checking our luggage also. Is there anything near the cruise ship terminal that is with walking distance with luggage?

There is nothing near the cruise terminal within walking distance with luggage. I recently stayed at Wyndham Boston prior to my cruise. They have a great breakfast buffet. The restaurant is right inside the front door of the hotel. You could take a taxi from the airport to this hotel and have breakfast. Our taxi fare to the hotel was around $25. Our taxi fare from the hotel to the cruise terminal was $5.

Logan restaurants may not be open at 6:30AM, but should be open by 7 or so. You're not going to find gourmet dining at that hour (although if you're on Delta, the new Terminal A might have some better options, I haven't been there yet), but you can certainly find Fast Food by 7 in any terminal. You should collect your bags as recommended earlier, and if you have to hang out at the airport for awhile you do. The cruise terminal isn't far away, just through the Ted Williams Tunnel, so you'll have a short ride when you're ready to go.

Logan restaurants may not be open at 6:30AM, but should be open by 7 or so. You're not going to find gourmet dining at that hour (although if you're on Delta, the new Terminal A might have some better options, I haven't been there yet), but you can certainly find Fast Food by 7 in any terminal. You should collect your bags as recommended earlier, and if you have to hang out at the airport for awhile you do. The cruise terminal isn't far away, just through the Ted Williams Tunnel, so you'll have a short ride when you're ready to go.

Thanks, we are actually coming in on United. We are lucky enough to be flying first class so we may have something on the plane but more likely earlier in the flight. Any fast food will do because once we get on board the ship "Lido, Here we come:D " Just some coffee (Starbucks would be great) and be able to brush my teeth, then find a comfy chair to sit in till we can catch a taxi.

• 2 weeks later...

United comes into Terminal C at Logan. There is a small food court on the upper level (up one floor from the baggage claim on the floor where you check in). Has a Burger King and a Dunkin Donuts. Has Legal Seafood and a sub shop as well but doubt they'd offer much for breakfast. Starbucks would be nice but none yet. Dunkin Donuts seems to be the "in thing" throughout New England. Once you leave Logan it is only 10 mins. to the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Like a previous poster said, there is nothing there. It is in an industrial part of town. There is a Hilton on the grounds of Logan that has a free shuttle. I'm sure they'd have better breakfast options and perhaps it might be a better place to relax following the long flight.

Happy sailing.

United comes into Terminal C at Logan. There is a small food court on the upper level (up one floor from the baggage claim on the floor where you check in). Has a Burger King and a Dunkin Donuts. Has Legal Seafood and a sub shop as well but doubt they'd offer much for breakfast. Starbucks would be nice but none yet. Dunkin Donuts seems to be the "in thing" throughout New England. Once you leave Logan it is only 10 mins. to the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Like a previous poster said, there is nothing there. It is in an industrial part of town. There is a Hilton on the grounds of Logan that has a free shuttle. I'm sure they'd have better breakfast options and perhaps it might be a better place to relax following the long flight.

Happy sailing.

capeboy, Thanks so much. Going to the Hilton actually sounds like a good idea. Although good old Dunkin Donuts would not be that bad for a sugar fix. We have not had a actually Dunkin Donuts in Las Vegas for many years. Growing up in Iowa in the 60's and 70's Dunkin Donuts was the main donut place and I grew up eating their special pink frosted donut:p

Actually, there is a Starbucks in Terminal C, beyond gates 11-24.

http://www.massport.com/logan/insid_termi_c.html

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Thanks Rich, Actually if even a few of those things are open this would be good. I guess I will have to see if Starbucks is open prior to getting our bags since it is "Post Security" There are quite a few that are "Pre-Security" are these place near Baggage Claim? I tried to find out this info on the web site. The other question I had I found the answer on this web page about WiFI. I will have my laptop with me and had hoped Logan had Free WiFI like McCarren Aiport here in Las Vegas has or even Ft Lauderdale has free WiFi. Oh Well, it might be worth the $7.95 fee for one day to help pass the time before we can go to the terminal to get on the Maasdam.

Thanks again:)

Had the pink frosted doughnut for breakfast (though not every DD has them). Enjoy the Maasdam! Have been on 20 cruises and the Maasdam by far is one of my favorites.

Thanks, this is our first time on the Maasdam and New England so very much looking forward to it. Sure hope the airport DD has those pink ones, would sure love to have one again:p

• 4 weeks later...

There is an AU BON Pan in the general vicinity of the Black falcon . It is a build called the Design Center. This the closest "coffee shoppe" to the terminal .

You could very well sit in there and kill a couple of hours.

if you lots of luggage it might be a pain though.

If your flight gets in at 630... by the time to get luggage out etc and taxi... it might me 730-8. A taxi will be about 20-25 from airport to the black falcon.

I work in the Marine Industrial Park in Boston, which is the site of the Black Falcon Cruise Ship Terminal. If you arrive Monday through Friday, there are two places for breakfast - Au Bon Pain, and the Drydock Cafe. They basically service the Mon-Fri 9 to 5 crowd. However, neither one is open on weekends as far as I know. I can check Monday when I get into the office for you, if you are arriving on a weekend. Au Bon Pain is more of a "pick up a roll or a croissant or similar and coffee"; Drydock Cafe serves a full 'cooked' breakfast. Both open at 7 am. Both are within 50 yards of the cruise ship terminal. However, there is no place to 'store' luggage that I know of. Drydock Cafe is on street level in the North Coast Seafood Building so the cab can pull right up and you can roll in; Au Bon Pain is on the Design Center Warehouse platform so is up about 8 steps -- unless you tell the cab to pull up to the handicap ramp and wheel the luggage up that. Drydock Cafe is at 7 Drydock Avenue, Au Bon Pain is at 21 Drydock Avenue. Drydock runs parallel to the access street to the cruise ships -- one very large long warehouse separates the two. Not much to see or do in the Industrial Park, sorry to say, except to watch the harbor and airport boat and airplane traffic come in and out, with a great view of the Boston skyline.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived