AHH HELP! CANT MAKE A DECISION Dream. VS. Breeze

mrak

I see you've booked the Breeze and honestly, you can't go wrong with either. For me, I'd opt for the new itinerary. Though ship wise, I liked the Dream better.

Have you tried snorkeling? How about zipline? We were both height scared but did it and loved it!

Why would you just switch ships? And not cruise lines? I don't get that.

Because if there is a chance the ship won't be in working order... and for the price you may not be able to switch lines.

Anyone who has been on here in the past few days may have seen my numerous dilemmas and here is yet another one.

We had decided on the Breeze for an 8 day Southern itinerary: La Romana, Grand Turk, Curacao and Aruba. However, once we made the decision, I started digging in to the possible shore activities in those ports and I am not finding anything to our liking. We are more of a hiking through the forest, rafting down a river type than a lay on a beach or go shopping type. So now for the dilemma...

Do we stick with the 8 day Breeze Southern or go with a 7 day Western itinerary on the Dream (Cozumel (been there) Roatan (been there) Belize (been there, loved it), Costa Maya (New)) ?

The Upsides to the Breeze are All new ports for us, a day longer on the cruise and a newer ship.

The upsides to the Dream are tried and tested ports that we love (except maybe Cozumel), more adventure options, and it would save us about $800.

Opinions????

Thank you in advance!

I would go with the Breeze. We just visited Aruba and Curacao and really liked them.....especially Aruba. We are not "lie on the beach or shopping types" either and found enough to keep us entertained at those 2 ports.

Dream the dream.....loved the monkeys in roatan.

We went to a private tour and had the best time.

Howard

In light of the current state of the dream, I might think about an all inclusive for a week in an island. I know that the chances of it happening again is very small, but is this kind of trouble worth ruining your vacation.

In light of the current state of the dream, I might think about an all inclusive for a week in an island. I know that the chances of it happening again is very small, but is this kind of trouble worth ruining your vacation.

This is what I chose to do instead of another cruise this year! I can't wait. :D

Why would you just switch ships? And not cruise lines? I don't get that.

This question had nothing to do with the problems the ship is having. I asked it before the problems occurred. We were just trying to decide b/t a new ship on a new Itinerary or a different ship on an Itinerary we have done before.

Nah, we don't want to go to one place and lay around on the same beach everyday. We enjoy the "variety for the price" that you get with cruising.

Dream now offers 8 day itineraries.

If the price difference is huge, I would just go for the Dream which more than likely is a cheaper option.

When is this? I'm looking at Carnival's page and I don't see 8 night itineraries on the Dream.

Yeah we are doing the 8 Day Southern itinerary on March 30th and when we first booked I was very worried about finding excursions since Carnival's choices was lacking. However, after digging around on these forums we found some great activities on our own for each port - Grand Turk; Beach/Margaritaville Pool/Jack's Shack (wish we had more time here) / La Romana; Seavis tour! / Curacao; taxi to beach for sunset / Aruba; Sonny Binns island tour

Archived