sea sickness

Quote from Spike Milligan(now not with us :()

"the best cure for sea sickness is to sit under a tree" :)

now that is logic :rolleyes:

Stevie :)

Unless its a sickamore tree :D

or just play it safe and sit on a Beech ;)

Thanks for this. I'm sat here feeling very sorry for myself with a streaming cold and barking cough and then I read your posts. Really cheered me up:D:D:D only problem laughing set me off coughing again.:)

Aw, sorry you still have your cold. I've not caught it yet so I wonder if the saline nasal spray thingy I bought in Boots to ward off viruses has actually worked.

My sister and another friend caught terrible colds after travelling on airplanes and I read that these saline nasal spray gels used before flights or 3 times a day helped to 'trap' viruses and prevent them going further than the nose. I think that is what it does!? No good now, but useful info for your next cruise. :D

Wish I did not have to wait until Sept. :(

Aw, sorry you still have your cold. I've not caught it yet so I wonder if the saline nasal spray thingy I bought in Boots to ward off viruses has actually worked.

My sister and another friend caught terrible colds after travelling on airplanes and I read that these saline nasal spray gels used before flights or 3 times a day helped to 'trap' viruses and prevent them going further than the nose. I think that is what it does!? No good now, but useful info for your next cruise. :D

Wish I did not have to wait until Sept. :(

Think I picked it up on the ship. It didn't start while day 4. I was very run down before we went so with everyone coughing and spluttering I was expecting it.

I'm on antibiotics now for sinus infection so hopefully should be better soon.

Think I picked it up on the ship. It didn't start while day 4. I was very run down before we went so with everyone coughing and spluttering I was expecting it.

I'm on antibiotics now for sinus infection so hopefully should be better soon.

Ray has just come in lounge coughing!! Would have thought the alcohol would have killed any virus that attacked him!!

Hope the antibiotics kill the sinus infection. Going to bed now but will FB you tomorrow. :)

Thanks for this. I'm sat here feeling very sorry for myself with a streaming cold and barking cough and then I read your posts. Really cheered me up:D only problem laughing set me off coughing again.:)
Hope you are feeling better Mary. I also had it, but not until I got back, so think I caught it on the plane - it was so hot and lots of people coughing :eek:

Jackie - I have used that spray for ages and don't get many colds. Trouble was I had packed it in my case overnight and couldn't use it before the flight:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hope you are feeling better Mary. I also had it, but not until I got back, so think I caught it on the plane - it was so hot and lots of people coughing :eek:

Thanks Linda I am feeling better this morning, think the antibiotics have kicked in. I was picking up until the flight home then I was in agony most of the way back because of the pressure.

We will be getting into trouble with Stevie again for hijacking his thread:D

It did make me laugh though.

Mary

Archived