Tonights episodes on cruiseship dry docking

Golfgrl1911

If you're interested please tune into the TLC channel tonight at 8 p.m. est. for the 3 final episodes of RCCL's Soveriegn of the Seas dry docking renovation. This program is very interesting and quite entertaining! I highly recommend it for any cruise enthusiast. Nancy

Thanks for the reminder. I just caught the last part of the second episode. Does anyone know if the first two will be repeated?

It looks like next Sunday (June 19th) all 5 episodes will be on back to back, beginning at 2pm EST. I was going to tape the 3 tonight but now I think I will tape all of them next Sunday, all on one tape and watch them sequentially.

This is a great series. My wife is a nuclear engineer and Branch Chief for the NRC. She sees many similarities between dry dock and a plant outage, also taking about two weeks. Safety concerns of course come first and then the coordinating of all the contractors, various teams and crews.

We're watching it now! Very interesting show--what a mess!

Bill - that is exactly what I said as I sit here watching it.

Golfgrl - would you really want to be part of the crew on that project???? Just think NO water, NO toilets, NO AC. :eek: Not me, thank you. :D

Sorry about the clock - looks like they got it working, unless it's stopped working as I sit here type this (I'm taping it so I won't miss anything). If so, maybe they'll give it to you. ;) :D

Golfgrl - would you really want to be part of the crew on that project???? Just think NO water, NO toilets, NO AC. :eek: Not me, thank you. :D

I"d like to head it up....(one of the supervisors).....i guess I'm a glutton for punishment as none of the above would really bother me...I've opened up many restaurants and just seem to love the pressure of making it happen! You'd be surprised how fast things get done when it comes down to "crunch time"!!:)

I watched and taped all 5 episodes. My son and DIL were on the 3rd cruise after coming out out of drydock. I wanted to share the tape with them. The Hotel Director looked very familiar. Then I figured out she was our Hotel Director on the Granduer last year.

I thought the same thing Tom. I will ask my son if it was working when he cruised.

This is a great series. My wife is a nuclear engineer and Branch Chief for the NRC. She sees many similarities between dry dock and a plant outage, also taking about two weeks. Safety concerns of course come first and then the coordinating of all the contractors, various teams and crews.

I can't help but wonder if this series is perhaps a "pilot" for a regular reality series on life aboard a cruise ship? Perhaps from the standpoint of the staff and officers?

Would be nice, huh?

With all those reality shows out there ... Family Plots, Airline, Growing up Gotti, etc., I always wondered why someone didn't think of setting one up on a large cruise ship. Should make for an interesting series, don't you think?

I particularly liked the episode where they had to remove the drunk from the deck in order to get their crane moving again. LOL ... wonder if he got fired for that one?

Blue skies ...

--rita

What happened to the clock??

I had the same question. I missed the part where they either got it running again or dumped it.

I watched these at work last night. Of course, there are times I missed stuff because of phone calls or the demands of work. Sucks when work cuts into my TV viewing time ... even though of viewing it on the "company time." :)

Hey, what can I do? I don't have cable at home. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

With all those reality shows out there ... I always wondered why someone didn't think of setting one up on a large cruise ship. Should make for an interesting series, don't you think?
It would certainly interest me. Yet, I have reservations. We just might learn more than we want to know! ;) And depending on which cruise line they selected for the series, it could set cruising back a hundred years!

I watched these at work last night. Of course, there are times I missed stuff because of phone calls or the demands of work. Sucks when work cuts into my TV viewing time ... even though of viewing it on the "company time." :)

Get Tivo for work! :>

Archived