Tonights episodes on cruiseship dry docking

Golfgrl1911

I particularly liked the episode where they had to remove the drunk from the deck in order to get their crane moving again. LOL ... wonder if he got fired for that one?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Rita--

They prohibited him from ever boarding the ship again....

;)

We loved the show(s).

I can't imagine why RCI decided to do so much in one 23 day dry docking!!

It was incredible.

Adding balconies - misplaced containers - paint not arriving. Shipments held up in NY and Miami, etc., etc.

Certainly glad when HAL sends ships into dry dock they don't try to do as much as RCI did. What HAL has been is a big undertaking in itself.

With all those reality shows out there ... Family Plots, Airline, Growing up Gotti, etc., I always wondered why someone didn't think of setting one up on a large cruise ship. Should make for an interesting series, don't you think?

--rita

I'd gladly volunteer to be on that program...no questions asked!!:cool: Notice my Hollywood shades?:cool:

Carlos the architect, and crew got the clock working-pretty interesting timepiece, driven by air pressure! I really liked Carlos-very personable and committed to the project-I liked all the people that TLC featured.

What an incredible project to complete 23 days with all the difficulties they encountered. I would imagine that HAL's conversion/upgrades to the Prinsendam were somewhat relatively comparable to the SOS other than size of the ship.

Glad we got to watch the last 3 episodes!

I think someone on the program said the clock never worked from Day One.

One guy said it never worked from day one, but another mentioned that it worked for a couple of days and that was it.

Archived