Top "insider" tips for Oceania cruising

snohflake

I had to laugh - half the time I unpack so fast *I* don't even know where our stuff is until 1/2 way through the cruise! The larger room sounds quite enticing as does the unlimited spa access... Plus a hot breakfast in the cabin, WITH room to eat it comfortably. I have an iPad, so that's no biggie, but we will for certain be purchasing internet as I blog as I go, skype back home with family, and work never stops, even on vacation. How much is the discount on an unlimited internet package?

We were on the Marina for the last 34 days, and while the butler, check in time (we were all 600 pm in Papette, amenities etc were all nice, the PH had a big closet a big bathroom, and nicer sitting room, with its value multiplied by square roots each day after 10 on the ship. Secondly, every single person on the ship who says the butler is not really needed etc is correct, but he's sure nice to have as a perk. We used our Butler for breakfast in the room everyday, as like clockwork our door was knocked at 630 am no matter how many times we changed clocks. Did we need him, no, did we enjoy him, yes?

What we were really lucky in were the team of Alex and Hilda, our stewardess who worked extra hard, always with a smile, and always having fun doing not a fun job.

I really wanted an Oceania or Vista suite simply so I could have a second bathroom, and never got it, and try and figure out how much that is worth to us guys sharing a room for a month with the loves of our lives? In the end, take as much room as you can afford without breaking the bank, you're on vacation.

As my agent says to me, don't save it so your kids can go first class.

regards

I really wanted an Oceania or Vista suite simply so I could have a second bathroom, and never got it, and try and figure out how much that is worth to us guys sharing a room for a month with the loves of our lives? In the end, take as much room as you can afford without breaking the bank, you're on vacation.

As my agent says to me, don't save it so your kids can go first class.

regards

Amen man! 2 long time married guys here, and even us dudes have separated bathrooms at home. We almost killed each other over the teeny tiny Azamara (R class) bath. That was CRAZY SMALL! :rolleyes:

Amen man! 2 long time married guys here, and even us dudes have separated bathrooms at home. We almost killed each other over the teeny tiny Azamara (R class) bath. That was CRAZY SMALL! :rolleyes:

Remember the three R ships Oceania has are identical to AZA so I would stick with the O class if I were you..

Jancruz1

Archived