How to email Princess? PAM in CA help please

Travelrd

i booked a pacific coastal cruise 2 years in advance. i booked the cruise in may, 2012 and the cruise is in may, 2014. i book so far in advance because i'm very particular about my cabin and by booking 2 years in advance, i did get my cabin: specifically E731 on the Sapphire Princess.

well, yesterday i received an email from princess with a new booking because they have substitued the crown princess for the sapphire princess, however, everything else about the cruise remained the same: the departure date the arrival date the ports

except for one important thing: they took my cabin away from me and put me in E720. i think this is wrong and i'd like to write to princess about this but i can't find their email address on their website. when i called reservations about this, i was told "that's how it is". that's not a good enough answer for me and i feel i should get my original cabin back. i will cancel the cruise if i can't have the cabin i originally booked but i don't think princess really cares about my problems.

i just noticed a thread with other people's problem with the ship substitution. i'll add my post to it now.

thanks for your help

i booked a pacific coastal cruise 2 years in advance. i booked the cruise in may, 2012 and the cruise is in may, 2014. i book so far in advance because i'm very particular about my cabin and by booking 2 years in advance, i did get my cabin: specifically E731 on the Sapphire Princess.

well, yesterday i received an email from princess with a new booking because they have substitued the crown princess for the sapphire princess, however, everything else about the cruise remained the same: the departure date the arrival date the ports

except for one important thing: they took my cabin away from me and put me in E720. i think this is wrong and i'd like to write to princess about this but i can't find their email address on their website. when i called reservations about this, i was told "that's how it is". that's not a good enough answer for me and i feel i should get my original cabin back. i will cancel the cruise if i can't have the cabin i originally booked but i don't think princess really cares about my problems.

i just noticed a thread with other people's problem with the ship substitution. i'll add my post to it now.

thanks for your help

First, I would call back immediately and if the person you speak to can't help you, ask for a Supervisor. FYI, I think E720 is a great cabin unless you originally had one of the end cabins. This is where a TA can help because they can fight for you.

When I've emailed Princess with an issue, I've gone right to the top, i.e., Alan Buckelew. abuckelew@princesscruises.com When writing, remember the "four C's": be clear, concise, complete and calm. :) One of his assistants will email you back but it might take a while.

You can also go on Facebook if you have it and go to the Princess page to ask how to get your cabin back. They're usually very good about answering questions.

FYI, I think E720 is a great cabin unless you originally had one of the end cabins.

E731 on the Sapphore is one of the end cabins and has the extended balcony.

E731 on the Crown is an end cabin, but does not have an extended balcony.

Besides not being an end balcony, E720 on the Crown is on the port side whereas E731 is on the starboard side.

Besides not being an end balcony, E720 on the Crown is on the port side whereas E731 is on the starboard side.

Thanks, Bill. I should have checked more closely.

pam, thanks for getting back to me with a great answer. i'll call princess in the morning and then follow-up with an email. yes, i'm a big fan of those emerald deck mini-suites with the extended balconies.

thanks again

Twice we have been in E731 on the the Crown and twice in E731 on the Caribbean and it most certainly DOES have extended balcony:D We love that mini-suite and to date is our favorite cabin on this class ship!

Twice we have been in E731 on the the Crown and twice in E731 on the Caribbean and it most certainly DOES have extended balcony:D We love that mini-suite and to date is our favorite cabin on this class ship!

Sorry, was looking at Travelocity's deck plans and it did not show the extended balcony but Utube does. Hope the OP gets the room he wants.

Sorry, was looking at Travelocity's deck plans and it did not show the extended balcony but Utube does. Hope the OP gets the room he wants.

Actually, I was looking at the Princess deck plans in the Cruise Atlas and on the Princess web site. Neither shows an extended balcony on the Crown for cabin E731.

Actually, I was looking at the Princess deck plans in the Cruise Atlas and on the Princess web site. Neither shows an extended balcony on the Crown for cabin E731.
It used to be one of the best kept secrets around;) But now those cabins are the hardest to secure; no wonder NorthPhoenixGuy is upset.

NorthPhoenixGuy: I would use your "sugar" tone of voice and take this as high as you can to get your cabin back. Good Luck and keep us posted.

i spoke with a rep at princess this morning and she was able to confirm cabin E729 for me. so i am on the starboard side, which i like and right next door to my favorite cabin, E731.

i did send an email to mr. buckelew, president of princess lines, to ask him why they changed my cabin. i'll let you all know what i hear from him.

cheers

Thank you for your response because we are going on the Crown April 6th and we have cabin E731. I had understood it was the extended balcony but I was getting concerned for a little bit. We booked this cabin a long time ago and are looking forward to the extra space on the balcony. We can't wait!

OP's title line made me laugh out loud.

Obviously knows how to find the answers. Ask Pam in CA!

I've picked up quite a lot of info just by checking her posts.

Thanks to Pam and all the others out there sharing what they've learned.

OP's title line made me laugh out loud.

Obviously knows how to find the answers. Ask Pam in CA!

I've picked up quite a lot of info just by checking her posts.

Thanks to Pam and all the others out there sharing what they've learned.

I totally agree. Pam has been a big help to me a lot of times as well as a number of other people. Thanks to all!

David,

Hope it all works out for you. I am looking forward in reading what the PCL-Pres. e-mail response is to you.

ITA, Pam (as well as all CC members) have a wealth of cruise info which as helped me over the years. Thanks to all!

David, sorry about your cabin issue which actually was a ship issue also. I love it when they say you were notified and you never heard from them. My issue is usually with the airlines. They change my flight in terms of hours not minutes some times and never tell me. I do check often especially getting close to the departure date. One time 2 months before the trip they gave me such a late flight I wasn't going to make the ship. When I told the airlines I would miss my cruise,they found a flight time similar to the one I originally purchased. If I hadn't been checking, I would have had a big surprise at the airport. Now I fly in the day before.

I wonder how many people in your M & G even know they are going on a different ship let alone maybe they had a cabin change. I hope you will post if you hear from Alan Buckelew.

Sali

Pam (as well as all CC members) have a wealth of cruise info which as helped me over the years. Thanks to all!
I agree completely. I'm just one of many helpful contributors, most more knowledgeable than myself. I'm constantly learning from them and everyone else.

this morning, i received a voicemail message from a cathleen in customer service. so i presume my email to the president was forwarded to her to resolve the issue. she apologized for the cabin but gave me no reason why it happened. but she said that she has upgraded me to cabin e733 on the dolphin deck. now, i realize princess considers an upgrade to a higher deck an upgrade, but i don't. all the mini-suites on the dolphin deck are have uncovered balconies whichi i don't like at all. first of all, people throw their garbage and cigarette butts from the upper decks and most of it never lands in the water but does land on the dolphin deck balconies. and there is no privacy on an uncovered balcony.

she left me her extension so i called back to speak to her. well, there is no way to put in an extension number on the princess phone line. you have to speak to a rep who has to transfer you to that extension. i told the rep to transfer me but to stay on the line in case she didn't answer. well, of course she didn't answer and the rep came back on the line. i asked the rep if she could change my cabin to e729 instead of e733. e729 was available so i booked it. then i asked her to get me back to cathleen's voice mail so i could ask her to return my call. she hasn't called me back today but perhaps she will call tomorrow.

now, here's the really rotten part of this whole deal. there is a couple who was on the sapphire princess in cabin e729. when they were informed of the ship change to the crown, they were given my cabin, e731! and not only that, they were given a discount by princess for the change. well, they know what a great cabin e731 is because of the large balcony but they don't want to go on the crown. the man's wife thinks it's too large a ship and will probably cancel. i gave him my email address and asked him to notify me as soon as they decide to cancel, so i can call princess and get their cabin. so, who knows what will happen but i'm not finished with princess yet. i'll post again when i hear back from cathleen or someone else in customer serivice.

thanks for putting with my venting here. and pam in ca, thanks again for the email address. at least someone read my email and tried to do something for me.

cheers

I'm glad you got a response even if it wasn't what you wanted. I'd keep pursuing it but even if the person tells you they've canceled their cruise, you may not get the cabin. The system can sometimes be faster than a bullet. Keep calling Cathleen. :) Good luck!

i left cathleen robinson a voicemail message on tuesday morning to call me. i never heard from her on tuesday nor wednesday. i called her extension again this morning and left her another voicemail message to call me.

if i don't hear from her today, tomorrow, i will send another email to mr. buckelew at princess and tell him i still don't have a resolution to my cabin problem.

cheers

cathleen robinson called me back this morning. that's a good thing. we had a long conversation about what happened and she said two people were reassigning cabins from the sapphire to the crown and just made a mistake by giving away my precious e731. but she also knows about the people in e731 now and how they probably will cancel their booking. she has a note about it at here desk and as soon as they cancel, if they do, she will know about it and give me e731. i didn't know she could do that but she assured me that she can. so, i will hope they cancel and then i'll get the cabin.

i realize that mistakes can happen. i think cathleen will try to do right by their mistake for me. she said if they don't cancel their booking, she will take care of me when the cruise begins. i think she is sincere about that.

pam...none of this wouldn't have happened without your assistance thank you again. i'd like to ask you a question, if you don't mind. i notice you're booke on two transatlantic cruises on the ruby princess. do you buy a one way ticket to europe on your own? doesn't that get expensive? princess told me they won't sell me a one way ticket if i wanted to take a transatlantic cruise. princess has a wonderful transatlantic cruise every october which sails from london to ft. lauderdale and stops in france, spain, portugal, the canary islands and bermuda. it sounds like a wonderful crossing to me but the cost of the one way ticket to london is outrageous. hope you don't mind me asking.

cheers

Archived