How to email Princess? PAM in CA help please

Travelrd

David I surely hope you get your cabin quest resolved to your satisfaction. I remember from our Emerald cruise last April how much you loved that cabin! In fact, you're the main reason that Mac and I are converts, if you remember that roll call! We will be enjoying the extended E deck balcony on our upcoming--in 19 days, but who's counting--Hawaiian cruise, as well as our 1/14 cruise on the Crown. Good luck!! :) Fran

i'd like to ask you a question, if you don't mind. i notice you're booke on two transatlantic cruises on the ruby princess. do you buy a one way ticket to europe on your own? doesn't that get expensive? princess told me they won't sell me a one way ticket if i wanted to take a transatlantic cruise. princess has a wonderful transatlantic cruise every october which sails from london to ft. lauderdale and stops in france, spain, portugal, the canary islands and bermuda. it sounds like a wonderful crossing to me but the cost of the one way ticket to london is outrageous. hope you don't mind me asking.

cheers

David, until Pam responds, you might want to check Princess EZ Air for flights. Right now, they have wonderful one-way fares, way cheaper than any other booking agencies would give you. I also want to do this cruise but cannot afford the flights at the moment...

cathleen robinson called me back this morning. that's a good thing. we had a long conversation about what happened and she said two people were reassigning cabins from the sapphire to the crown and just made a mistake by giving away my precious e731. but she also knows about the people in e731 now and how they probably will cancel their booking. she has a note about it at here desk and as soon as they cancel, if they do, she will know about it and give me e731. i didn't know she could do that but she assured me that she can. so, i will hope they cancel and then i'll get the cabin.

i realize that mistakes can happen. i think cathleen will try to do right by their mistake for me. she said if they don't cancel their booking, she will take care of me when the cruise begins. i think she is sincere about that.

pam...none of this wouldn't have happened without your assistance thank you again. i'd like to ask you a question, if you don't mind. i notice you're booke on two transatlantic cruises on the ruby princess. do you buy a one way ticket to europe on your own? doesn't that get expensive? princess told me they won't sell me a one way ticket if i wanted to take a transatlantic cruise. princess has a wonderful transatlantic cruise every october which sails from london to ft. lauderdale and stops in france, spain, portugal, the canary islands and bermuda. it sounds like a wonderful crossing to me but the cost of the one way ticket to london is outrageous. hope you don't mind me asking.

cheers

If you are booking the TA sailing on 10/14 you can book a one-way on US Air PHX/LAX on 10/12 at 1015am arriving 1147am ($76.90 p/p) and then Air New Zealand from LAX/LHR at 445pm arriving 10/13 at 1115am ($592.20 p/p ) total fare is only $669.10 per person. Go online and check it out. To get this fare you would have to book oneways on each airlines web sites. I would recommend arriving a day early.

nina and taschwab53. thank you so very much for your advice. i really appreciate it and the trouble you took to look up the fares for me. you are both true elite cruisers already to help a fellow cruiser.

when i called princess about the ez air they told me they do not sell one way tickets. how strange is that?

thank you very much

fran...so good to hear from you. it's been almost one year since we went to the caribbean on the emerald. that was a fabulous cruise for me. so glad you're going to hawaii and i know you'll love the cabin.

cheers

when i called princess about the ez air they told me they do not sell one way tickets. how strange is that?

thank you very much

It is probably too early for airfares... I believe that you can check airfares around 330 days before the sailing date. You can always check online... Do a mock booking and check the flights tab. I have priced airfare several times that way.

By the way, you are very welcome!

I've done T/As and booked Princess air although that was before EZ Air. I'd check again. I now have two T/As booked. For my Royal cruise in October, I booked AA using miles. It's a bit convoluted but not too bad as it was the best routing I could book at the MileSaver level. We fly from LAX to SFO, then SFO to LHR. We're staying overnight in LHR and flying first thing in the AM to VCE. All on one ticket, First Class for 65K miles. Booked my return home from MIA separately, also using miles.

Other than short flights (under 3 hours), I've booked all my flights for the past few years using miles. :) It makes cruising a lot more affordable.

ok, here's the latest. i tried doing a mock booking on the ta for this october. and when i clicked on the ez air, it gave me flights from phx to lhr on american and united and then return flights from fll on american and united. i want to use southwest for the return from fll but i don't think the princess computer will give me southwest flight and fare information.

so now i'm stuck. how do i just get the one way booking from phx to lhr without the fll to phx return? or can't i?

any advice?

cheers

pam..are you using aa miles for copenhagen too? i do have lots of alaska air miles, 206,000) that i could use too but i'd rather not use them.

i just got an email from gertz, the couple with e731 on the crown for next year. they said that princess called to aske them if they would trade e731 for e729? they didn't know what to do so they are stalling princess for now. but at least i know princess is trying to get my cabin back for me. pam....this is great news and i owe you for this one.

thanks and cheers

ok, here's the latest. i tried doing a mock booking on the ta for this october. and when i clicked on the ez air, it gave me flights from phx to lhr on american and united and then return flights from fll on american and united. i want to use southwest for the return from fll but i don't think the princess computer will give me southwest flight and fare information.

so now i'm stuck. how do i just get the one way booking from phx to lhr without the fll to phx return? or can't i?

You are correct that Princess does not sell flights on Southwest. I suspect this is more due to Southwest which only allows online booking on their web site.

pam..are you using aa miles for copenhagen too? i do have lots of alaska air miles, 206,000) that i could use too but i'd rather not use them.
Yes, I probably will. I try to book a flight using miles as soon as they open up. I've found that not all award seats are released at once. They can be released a few at a time over a week or two so I check every day. Bookings for flights should open up around October 15th or so. I hope I have enough miles by then but if I don't, I'll buy miles. We like to go at least Business class which will take a lot of miles.

I agree completely. I'm just one of many helpful contributors, most more knowledgeable than myself. I'm constantly learning from them and everyone else.

Pam, thanks for posting the email address. After reading your post, I emailed Princess with a minor request. The response was timely and the resolution was very favorable. No wonder Princess was selected as the best cruise line for Alaska!! Thank You!!:)

See you soon!

Thank you for your response because we are going on the Crown April 6th and we have cabin E731. I had understood it was the extended balcony but I was getting concerned for a little bit. We booked this cabin a long time ago and are looking forward to the extra space on the balcony. We can't wait!

hello everyone who's interested.

the people who were booked on my cruise in cabin e731 emailed me yesterday to advise they had cancelled their cruise and therefore, the cabin was available. i called my ta first thing this morning and they booked me into e731. so, i'm all set in the cabin i really wanted on that cruise for next year. it should be a good cruise too. it's a 7 day coastal from los angeles to vancouver with stops in santa barbara, san francisco, astoria, victoria and into vancouver. i'm really looking forward to it. the cruise is may 3, 2014.

pan in ca....why don't you book that cruise? i would love to meet you.

cheers

[quote name='NorthPhoenixGuy']hello everyone who's interested.

the people who were booked on my cruise in cabin e731 emailed me yesterday to advise they had cancelled their cruise and therefore, the cabin was available. i called my ta first thing this morning and they booked me into e731. so, i'm all set in the cabin i really wanted on that cruise for next year. it should be a good cruise too. it's a 7 day coastal from los angeles to vancouver with stops in santa barbara, san francisco, astoria, victoria and into vancouver. i'm really looking forward to it. the cruise is may 3, 2014.

pan in ca....why don't you book that cruise? i would love to meet you.

cheers[/QUOTE]

David, that is great news. I am glad you got back to your original room !!
At least yours has a happy ending. Some of the stories on CC are unbelievable without happy endings.
Sali

[quote name='NorthPhoenixGuy']pan in ca....why don't you book that cruise? i would love to meet you.[/QUOTE]Glad it's worked out for you and the people were gracious enough to let you know about their cabin being available. That's one of the reasons why CC is do great.

As for a coastal, would like to do it some day. If I don't do the cruise, I might do the BVE. :)

[quote name='Orangefan']David, that is great news. I am glad you got back to your original room !!
At least yours has a happy ending. Some of the stories on CC are unbelievable without happy endings.
Sali[/quote]

Congratulations! I'm glad you finally got the cabin that you originally had. I am looking forward to staying in it next week. We will take care of it for you.

carol....thanks. if you've never had e731 before, you will love it. of course the mini-suite is the same as any other mini, but the balcony is what makes it so special at least for me.

some friends of mine from phoenix will be on your cruise. their names are mina and rob and they are a really nice couple. maybe you'll get meet them if they have a meet and greet.

have a great cruise!

cheers

[quote name='NorthPhoenixGuy']pam in ca....what is bve?[/QUOTE]BVE = Bon Voyage Experience. I've done a couple of these in San Pedro as I live not too far away. For $39, you board the ship before general boarding, have a nice photo taken and lunch in the dining room with beverages and wine included. You can stay onboard and do whatever you want but leave before Muster. If you book a cruise within 90 days, the $39 is applied towards your cruise fare.

pam...bve sounds really nice. if you decide to do it, i'll treat you and i'll pay the $39 for you!
here's my email address to keep in touch:

[email]dirosen44@gmail.com[/email]

you are so valuable to cruise critic and all of us happy cruisers.

cheers

Archived