Splendour of the Seas tenders

NIGirl

Going on Splendour in August for 7 night Greek Isles and Turkey

(Venice, Split, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Katakolon)

Are there many tenders needed and what way does that work? All my previous cruises have been straight to dock, never needed to tender.

Going on Splendour in August for 7 night Greek Isles and Turkey

(Venice, Split, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Katakolon)

Are there many tenders needed and what way does that work? All my previous cruises have been straight to dock, never needed to tender.

I can answer part of your question.

Split ?

Kusadusi - docked

Mykonos - probably tendered

Katakalon - docked

Actually if you look at your itinerary it will tell you if you docked

or not. The tendering isn't that big of a deal.

Split and Mykonos. You were right - it is on my itinerary. Think I am just getting excited trying to sort everything out

We took Splendour out of Venice last May, our itinerary was a little different but we had the time of our lives. There is a link to my picture review in my signature.

Lucky you. I remember that excitement last year. Have fun :)

Bill

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Split and Mykonos will be tendered. Never visited Split on a Royal ship yet, but last November, at Myknons there was a 2-3 hour delay for cruise friends who did not have priority tender. So please plan ahead.

HI..We sailed on the Splendour this past September. We did the Santorini route (used the tenders) I will say this, they made you get a number to decide what tender you would be on. First come first serve. It was utter chaos once the cruise person was there to hand out numbers. No lines, people pushing and shoving other people who were clearly there ahead of time. Just a heads up on that. It might be done differnetly for Mykonos??? The other poster is correct. You get priorty disembarking if you have a ships excursion.

HI..We sailed on the Splendour this past September. We did the Santorini route (used the tenders) I will say this, they made you get a number to decide what tender you would be on. First come first serve. It was utter chaos once the cruise person was there to hand out numbers. No lines, people pushing and shoving other people who were clearly there ahead of time. Just a heads up on that. It might be done differnetly for Mykonos??? The other poster is correct. You get priorty disembarking if you have a ships excursion.

Wow, guess it depends on who is on the ship or who is running the tickets. We did the Santorini route too and the handing out of the tickets was orderly.

Wow, guess it depends on who is on the ship or who is running the tickets. We did the Santorini route too and the handing out of the tickets was orderly.

Hi Bill! Love your reviews!:)

Yes, we couldn't believe the utter chaos..an elderly couple got knocked over. There were a bunch of us there ahead of the scheduled time for tickets. Without any warning, the cruise person just appeared in the middle of the room and started just giving numbers to anyone who could grab them fast enough. It was bizarre, considering you have to line up for everything in some order! Oh well, we still got on the tenders and had a fabulous time in Santorini:rolleyes:

Archived