Boarding with non C&A members

I'm platinum my friends family is not. We are in separate cabins but a linked reservation. Can we use priority boarding to check in together?

Depends on the port personnel. Linked reservations makes no difference for boarding. Our experience has been that they let everyone in a party board together. However, if there are 2 Platinum and 20 first timers, they might have a problem with that.

It depends on how busy the check-in area is. If it is not busy, they normally will allow you to check-in all together. It is kind of hit and miss and you won't really know until you are there. So their is really not a 100% answer. It also depends on what type of cabins you have. Suites have their own check-in section and it does not matter whether or not you have any Crown & Anchor status.

Hi Dave, you probably can use the same line - it depends on the pier staff that day. Ask them politely and the worst they will say is no. Sometimes, the regular line moves quicker anyway - it's a toss-up. Having said that, if you arrive early enough anyway it won't be much of a wait to board.

I'd say probably as well, because the reservations are linked. In our case, we used the suite line because we were in a JS, and the ladies traveling with us (linked reservations, but they were not in a suite) came along. We simply politely told the person directing traffic that the ladies were with us and they waved us all through to the suites line.

Check in and boarding are 2 different things.

Priority boarding means nothing if the first groups have already been called, no wait, just walk on after check in.

You can check in together but you might be directed to different lines , but just wait for each other at the boarding area. Here again priority does not mean much unless you get to the port very early and are in the first rush.

I've taken newbies with me through the suite line too... I just joked with the one directing the traffic that its in everyone's best interest to let me take the 2 stunned and shellshocked looking newbies with me ;)

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

i've taken newbies with me through the suite line too... I just joked with the one directing the traffic that its in everyone's best interest to let me take the 2 stunned and shellshocked looking newbies with me ;)

sent from my speak & spell using tapatalk

like!

Archived