Advance Purchases vs On board Purchases

I was just wondering what would the advantages of purchasing spa services and drink packages in advance verses on the ship would be. I know that paying in advance would alleviate waiting on line as well as having everything paid off in advance prior to boarding. Is there a pricing difference? Are there any discounts if you pay on board? Input please.

The advantage is you would pay off these expenses before you board and they would not be on your Seapass. However, those who have OBC may like to use that towards these purchases.

There is no discount or price advantage to buying wine or alcohol packages, however the spa runs a variety of daily specials. You may want to wait to see if there are any that suit you.

I was just wondering what would the advantages of purchasing spa services and drink packages in advance verses on the ship would be. I know that paying in advance would alleviate waiting on line as well as having everything paid off in advance prior to boarding. Is there a pricing difference? Are there any discounts if you pay on board? Input please.
I see no advantage in rushing to give my money away in advance' date=' unless there is a discount or some other benefit to be gained by doing so.

As mentioned, an advantage to making purchases on board is being able to use onboard credit to pay for them.

Also you can often get deals on spa treatments or specialty restaurants or beverages by booking them on board. Often you can use loyalty coupons on board to receive discounts or 2 for 1 offers as well.

I would much rather have the charges put on my onboard account where I don't need to pay for them until a month after returning home.

First post, many time RC cruiser.

The advantage to buying drink packages etc is no tip.

I booked a pedicure for the first day on board - I don't want to be rushing to the spa to try and get the time but I'll have been walking for two and a half weeks by the time we get to the ship and I'm looking forward to unwinding with my feet in a hot soak :)

I booked the first appointment after sailaway so to me, it's worth missing out on any potential onboard specials to not worry about the scheduling.

I have nothing else booked even though I do want another treatment or two but I'll book those onboard as I'd like to do them later in the week so I'll have lots of time to schedule them.

I booked a pedicure for the first day on board - I don't want to be rushing to the spa to try and get the time but I'll have been walking for two and a half weeks by the time we get to the ship and I'm looking forward to unwinding with my feet in a hot soak :)

I booked the first appointment after sailaway so to me, it's worth missing out on any potential onboard specials to not worry about the scheduling.

I have nothing else booked even though I do want another treatment or two but I'll book those onboard as I'd like to do them later in the week so I'll have lots of time to schedule them.

I booked a spa treatment also...i had a hard time finding what I wanted. Most where already booked!

Archived